Texas Fishing Forum

Ultrex Install

Posted By: H2O.crank

Ultrex Install - 03/07/17 01:29 AM

Those of you that have already installed the new Ultrex with the Link. I have ordered my Ultrex and it should be delivered Thursday. I was wondering will I need anything to attach the trolling motor to the Hummingbirds or will it come with everything I need?
Posted By: javelin150

Re: Ultrex Install - 03/07/17 01:51 AM

Depends which humminbird graph you have. Odds are you will need the humminbird ethernet adapter cable to plug the ethernet cable from the ultrex to your graph
Posted By: Wes H

Re: Ultrex Install - 03/07/17 01:56 AM

Go here and click on your unit, it'll tell you what cord you need:

http://www.minnkotamotors.com/US2-Compatibility.aspx?LangType=1033

Re: Ultrex Install - 03/07/17 02:09 AM

Thank you for your help. Will I still be able to use the side image?
Posted By: ScottCook

Re: Ultrex Install - 03/07/17 02:24 AM

The Ultrex comes with a 20' Ethernet cable. You may need humminbird's Ethernet adapter to mate up to your bird

Re: Ultrex Install - 03/07/17 02:28 AM

Cant use side image with the built in transdcuer. You will need to run the transducer externally on the trolling motor to get side or down imaging
Posted By: Champion 221 Elite

Re: Ultrex Install - 03/07/17 03:34 AM

Originally Posted By: javelin150
Cant use side image with the built in transdcuer. You will need to run the transducer externally on the trolling motor to get side or down imaging
thumb

Re: Ultrex Install - 03/07/17 02:10 PM

Does the motor turning interfere with the wires? I also have a Hydrowave that I would like to reinstall.
Posted By: Champion 221 Elite

Re: Ultrex Install - 03/07/17 05:45 PM

No Sir!Turns just like a normal trolling motor.

Re: Ultrex Install - 03/07/17 08:04 PM

Thank you for your help!
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Ultrex Install - 03/07/17 08:51 PM

Route the wires down the foot pedal cable.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: Ultrex Install - 03/07/17 10:03 PM

Originally Posted By: H2O.crank
Does the motor turning interfere with the wires? I also have a Hydrowave that I would like to reinstall.

Not an issue. You can run it with the GPS cable and zip tie it.

However.... Does anyone know if you can shorten the steering cables on the Ultrex? That thing is so long and it flops right over in front of my graph unless I move the connection to the left where it joins up with the motor itself and then it sticks out of the boat when it's stowed.

The cables seem a bit long for a recessed pedal, whether the motor is stowed or deployed, so I'd love to shorten them if it's possible.

Re: Ultrex Install - 03/10/17 10:38 PM

I'm in the process of installing the trolling motor. I have two hummingbirds that I have linked together. Is there a splitter that can be used to add the trolling motor or what does everyone do for this?

Re: Ultrex Install - 03/10/17 11:24 PM

You will need to buy the humminbird 5 port ethernet switch and one more ethernet cable to put both graphs and the ultrex on the same network. 5 port switch runs around $250 and another ethernet runs $40-$50

Re: Ultrex Install - 03/10/17 11:29 PM

Ethernet Switch

Everything will plug into this switch.

Re: Ultrex Install - 03/11/17 12:12 AM

Ouch, my wife is going to kill me before I get this thing installed.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum