Texas Fishing Forum

Fork this Weekend

Posted By: hawkeye442

Fork this Weekend - 02/24/17 05:24 PM

Looks like that major front has hit and its forecast to be 35 degrees in the morning.. Well, I gotta fish when I can.. How are you guys feelin' about it?
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Fork this Weekend - 02/24/17 06:27 PM

i'll be at da casa,.. popcorn2
Posted By: smsimcik

Re: Fork this Weekend - 02/24/17 07:02 PM

If the wind is out of the north or east on Fork this time of year, you might as well stay home. It's going to be tough.
Posted By: GROD

Re: Fork this Weekend - 02/24/17 07:04 PM

Just go fish for one big one! Better yet come work for me and I'll go... good luck!
Posted By: BriannShell

Re: Fork this Weekend - 02/24/17 07:22 PM

Taking advantage of the wind and cold front by staying home, working an extra job to have the $$ to fish!

Re: Fork this Weekend - 02/24/17 07:30 PM

wind is forecast at 8 mph out of the nnw.. At least it sounds like there won't be to many boats out. Maybe I can persuade a couple..
Posted By: Razorback

Re: Fork this Weekend - 02/24/17 07:40 PM

The 80 degree days with south winds and lower barometric pressure only happen during the middle of the week. If only my days off were Tuesday and Wednesday...
Posted By: Paul - Lake Fork

Re: Fork this Weekend - 02/24/17 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: smsimcik
If the wind is out of the north or east on Fork this time of year, you might as well stay home. It's going to be tough.
Don't agree had good trips with north wind. Fish when you can and those who know me know what I am going to say "in order to catch Big Fish, sometimes you gotta suffer" you will be fine wind looks manageable. Just my 2cents
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: Fork this Weekend - 02/24/17 08:30 PM

I have started paying attention to my good days vs bad days over the last several years. Spring, post cold front, high skies, rising barometric pressure,...... I have yet to have a good day fishing those conditions.

The weather will be beautiful and very comfortable, but I doubt the fish eat very well.

Having said all that, sometimes those are the days you get one or two bites and they are good ones. So, I continue to fish because I work for a living and have to fish on the weekends. :-)
Posted By: 361V

Re: Fork this Weekend - 02/24/17 10:44 PM

Suppose to be nearly 60 on Saturday & 70 on Sunday w/little wind. Bluebird skies could make it slow but the weather looks fine. Go Fishing!
Posted By: cruzfishing

Re: Fork this Weekend - 02/27/17 04:25 AM

Did you go? How did you do?
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Fork this Weekend - 02/27/17 02:01 PM

Well I hope you went out and didn't stay home. We had a blast and caught a bunch on Saturday.
Posted By: LA Ron

Re: Fork this Weekend - 02/27/17 03:08 PM

Caught 14 Saturday. All in 2 ft of water or less. 2 over 4 1/2 ,1 over 5. Yesterday fished four hours , caught 6, one nice one 4.82. all on dropshot in 6ft.

Re: Fork this Weekend - 02/27/17 03:40 PM

Well, we went.. and brother, it was cold at 7 that Morning!! But we caught some good fish all in 3-6 fow. probably about 11 total, all on baby brush hogs.. biggest around 4lbs, but only 17 inches long!! What a football!! Turned out to be an absolutely beautiful day..
Posted By: Paul - Lake Fork

Re: Fork this Weekend - 02/27/17 05:01 PM

Originally Posted By: Paul - Lake Fork Nights
Originally Posted By: smsimcik
Don't agree had good trips with north wind. Fish when you can and those who know me know what I am going to say "in order to catch Big Fish, sometimes you gotta suffer" you will be fine wind looks manageable. Just my 2cents
Glad to hear trip was a fun one.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum