Texas Fishing Forum

Central Texas Bass Tournaments

Posted By: Ethan Janicki

Central Texas Bass Tournaments - 02/09/17 03:13 AM

Hi y'all, I'm new to the forum. I moved last summer from California to Austin for school. I don't have a boat nor do I know anyone with a boat. I was wondering if there were some tournaments in the Central Texas area that pair boaters with non-boaters. Any help would be greatly apporeciated!
Posted By: Mudman63

Re: Central Texas Bass Tournaments - 02/09/17 03:21 AM

The kayak bass fishing tournament scene is large in Austin.

KATS - Kayak Angler Tournament Series
TKFT - Texas Kayak Fishing Trail
Team Toad Slam
TNT - Thursday Night Tournament (summer months)

There might be others.
Posted By: centexdregre

Re: Central Texas Bass Tournaments - 02/09/17 03:48 AM

Matt Hudson is the director for texas bass trail. He is starting a tournament series later this spring that pairs 50 boaters with 50 non boaters.
Posted By: CowboyVet

Re: Central Texas Bass Tournaments - 02/09/17 03:57 AM

You can also check out Austin Bass fishing forum for backseat opportunities. Ttz will be starting tuesday and wednesday night tournaments after the time change.
Posted By: Chris Coufal

Re: Central Texas Bass Tournaments - 02/09/17 05:01 AM

ttz1.com

In addition to the normal trail events that just started, the Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday nighters will be starting soon and all fish local water. Great group of guys and lots of fun.
Posted By: Ethan Janicki

Re: Central Texas Bass Tournaments - 02/09/17 05:42 AM

Wouldn't I need a boat for the weekly tournaments?
Posted By: wtf242

Re: Central Texas Bass Tournaments - 02/09/17 08:21 AM

Hey man, I'm an Austinite with a boat without many friends that fish. I just got the boat last year and was going to spend this year learning all the lakes before doing tournaments next year. If you're interesting in doing some of the local tournaments this year PM me.

Disclaimer. My boat is not a fancy bass boat. It's an 18' Xpress center console Aluminum boat with a 90HP Yamaha 2 stroke. I have nice and new electronics and brand new trolling motor. I'm planning on getting a brand new Triton or Ranger later this year.
Posted By: One fish Bill

Re: Central Texas Bass Tournaments - 02/09/17 12:59 PM

American Fishing Tour, here's the Central Texas Division
52 Texas - Central Stephen Hampton (254)338-0706 TX
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Central Texas Bass Tournaments - 02/09/17 01:00 PM

18ft is plenty for the lakes around Austin.
Posted By: ma1950

Re: Central Texas Bass Tournaments - 02/09/17 04:57 PM

Check out the Texas Classic Bass Club online we are a non-boater friendly Bass club with 6 draw and 6 open tournaments a year.
Posted By: TerryWilliams

Re: Central Texas Bass Tournaments - 02/09/17 06:52 PM

Originally Posted By: wtf242
Hey man, I'm an Austinite with a boat without many friends that fish. I just got the boat last year and was going to spend this year learning all the lakes before doing tournaments next year. If you're interesting in doing some of the local tournaments this year PM me.

Disclaimer. My boat is not a fancy bass boat. It's an 18' Xpress center console Aluminum boat with a 90HP Yamaha 2 stroke. I have nice and new electronics and brand new trolling motor. I'm planning on getting a brand new Triton or Ranger later this year.

First off, ain't a thing wrong with that rig...perfect for those lakes.

Second to the OP: TTZ. I won't post any links, but register on their site, they have a partner finder section and you should be set!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum