Texas Fishing Forum

Best place on Rayburn for Lodging?

Posted By: DEFMP

Best place on Rayburn for Lodging? - 09/12/16 08:19 PM

I've searched a bit and I see a lot of posts asking the best place to stay on Toledo, but nothing on Rayburn. I'll be going out this fall for the first time and wondering what are good places to get a reservation. Thanks!
Posted By: PowPowOl'Son

Re: Best place on Rayburn for Lodging? - 09/12/16 08:34 PM

The nicest place to stay on Rayburn as far a hotel is Rayburn Country Resort (409) 698-2444. I don't think anyone will argue this. The problem is that it's on the south end of the lake and the majority of the people will tell you the better fishing is mid lake or further north.

If you want something that is located mid lake, is clean, has great access to a boat ramp and is located right beside a convenience store, then Lakeview Motel is the deal (936) 897-2102.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: Best place on Rayburn for Lodging? - 09/12/16 08:38 PM

Jackson Hill Marina ain't bad either. 936-872-9266
Posted By: RO519

Re: Best place on Rayburn for Lodging? - 09/12/16 08:51 PM

Lakeview is nice. The current owners redid all of the rooms a couple of years ago. There aren't a bunch of places to eat in Zavalla though.
Posted By: RBO

Re: Best place on Rayburn for Lodging? - 09/12/16 08:56 PM

Powell Park

Re: Best place on Rayburn for Lodging? - 09/12/16 09:08 PM

Originally Posted By: RO519
Lakeview is nice. The current owners redid all of the rooms a couple of years ago. There aren't a bunch of places to eat in Zavalla though.

You're right about that part, but the Dairy Mart in Broaddus is plenty good!

Re: Best place on Rayburn for Lodging? - 09/12/16 09:21 PM

Originally Posted By: PowPowOl'Son
Originally Posted By: RO519

You're right about that part, but the Dairy Mart in Broaddus is plenty good!

The Brookshire's in Zavalla has pretty good fried chicken. Big Momma's Seafood and Steaks right before you get to Toledo is pretty good food, but its about as far as the stump from Lakeview. There is also a decent BBQ joint in Huntington that is open pretty lake and decent food. I think it is called Red's. Its a few blocks off of 69.
Posted By: june-bug

Re: Best place on Rayburn for Lodging? - 09/12/16 09:34 PM

Big Momma's Seafood and Steaks was good .... but they closed down recently.
Posted By: undercover

Re: Best place on Rayburn for Lodging? - 09/13/16 12:50 AM

Try the Last Resort. Clean, safe, electrical outlets to charge. Cabins have everything you need. Close to Powell. Call Brian he will take care of you.
Posted By: the skipper

Re: Best place on Rayburn for Lodging? - 09/13/16 02:24 AM

Best bet is stay at rayburn country and trailer to Caney or Cassell Boykins. They have everything you will need down there and it's not that far of a drive to the ramps. Being your first time if you don't have a boat lanes chip I would stay below Caney. There are some big forest above there

Re: Best place on Rayburn for Lodging? - 09/13/16 02:33 AM

Originally Posted By: june-bug
Big Momma's Seafood and Steaks was good .... but they closed down recently.

That's disappointing.
Posted By: JKib

Re: Best place on Rayburn for Lodging? - 09/13/16 04:28 AM

Originally Posted By: RBO

X2, powell park is great, with great food, also Look into the cabins at Farmers cove. They are nice and aren't far from Powell park, Rayburn Park, and Five Fingers...
Posted By: Skeeter443

Re: Best place on Rayburn for Lodging? - 09/13/16 05:17 AM

I have cabins and a lodge close to Powell Park. Give me a call to discuss or just to find out what they are biting on while you are here.
Brian 281-475-6385
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Best place on Rayburn for Lodging? - 09/13/16 01:01 PM

Bass buster has sold, and they will be doing renovations.

On the north end, lake view is good. I like Janes shady acres.
Posted By: nwest10

Re: Best place on Rayburn for Lodging? - 09/13/16 01:24 PM

If you are a veteran, look up Veterans Holidays on line. My folks can get a 2 BR condo at Rayburn Country through this program for around $325 a week. I've stayed there many times with them and it's very nice. All of them have full kitchens, Dining Room, LR with cable TV, and two bathrooms. They have 3BR options as well.

They get great deals all over the country through this program and love it.

Re: Best place on Rayburn for Lodging? - 09/19/16 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: BMCD
Bass buster has sold, and they will be doing renovations.

On the north end, lake view is good. I like Janes shady acres.

I don't think Bass Buster Inn has sold. Where did you get this info?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum