Texas Fishing Forum

Anyone here used V@M Wild Thang worm

Posted By: Thecrankster

Anyone here used V@M Wild Thang worm - 08/17/16 02:42 AM

They look really cool How have they performed for you
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Anyone here used V@M Wild Thang worm - 08/17/16 02:50 AM

Yes and they are really good worms nothing else like them also great if you like to night fish.
Posted By: JWRid

Re: Anyone here used V@M Wild Thang worm - 08/17/16 03:04 AM

I have a problem with line twist due to the worm twisting on retrieve.
Posted By: mhall1986

Re: Anyone here used V@M Wild Thang worm - 08/17/16 04:03 AM

Oh yeah. Me and Pops went night fishing on Tole do a couple months ago and we're fishing a hump where we always had luck. After a couple hours of no bites, we heard a boat about 40 yards away pulling in fish every 10 minutes or so. As we cross paths, he asks us how we're doing and tells us we need a straight tail worm, black if possible. I don't hesitate and jump to the bottom of the boat and search through the 50lbs of soft plastics we hoard in search of the magic worm. I thought I had every possible creature, craw, lizard, fluke, and worm in every color and size, but no straight tail worm. I threw everything and the kitchen sink that night without a bit and this guy was 35 yards away and lands a 6lber. The next day we head to that new tackle shop on 6 and discover the v&m wild Thang. Next night we head to Indian mounds and I caught three 4+lber and Pops broke is Toledo PB 7.5 after fishing the lake 35+ years. I will not leave home without those Wild Thangs now.
Posted By: Thecrankster

Re: Anyone here used V@M Wild Thang worm - 08/17/16 04:03 AM

Line twist didn't think about that
Posted By: Fast Lane

Re: Anyone here used V@M Wild Thang worm - 08/17/16 05:13 AM

Great worms!

Who worries about line twist with a baitcaster?....c'mon man..
Posted By: ko bass attack 27

Re: Anyone here used V@M Wild Thang worm - 08/17/16 05:26 AM

I'm gonna have to give them a try.
Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI

Re: Anyone here used V@M Wild Thang worm - 08/17/16 12:10 PM

I bought some but haven't used them that I recall. I've bought a lot of stuff I haven't used !
Posted By: McKinneyMike

Re: Anyone here used V@M Wild Thang worm - 08/17/16 12:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Billy Blazer 300 HPDI
I bought some but haven't used them that I recall. I've bought a lot of stuff I haven't used !

Truth!
Posted By: Bigron119

Re: Anyone here used V@M Wild Thang worm - 08/17/16 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By: JWRid
I have a problem with line twist due to the worm twisting on retrieve.

Try hooking the worm with the Hook aligned with the same side where the tail piece leaves the round body. It helps if the Tail is curled facing down and the hook is on the down side also. If you hook it with the tail flat it will try and right itself and twist. Just a suggestion.
Posted By: New Start

Re: Anyone here used V@M Wild Thang worm - 08/17/16 03:44 PM

Love the Wild Thang Worm. Great go to worm when they won't bite a regular worm. The tail has a lot of action to it and moves a lot of water. I really love the New Straight Wild Worm. Need to make sure and give these a try...

http://www.bayououtdoors.com/index.php/wild-thang-series/wild-thang-series-strait-wild-worm.html
Posted By: Brian_Martin

Re: Anyone here used V@M Wild Thang worm - 08/17/16 03:58 PM

I have been through atleast 10 packs of these worms on Toledo and Rayburn in the past few months not counting the packs my guide customers went through. They have a great action and seem to be more durable than similar worms of other brands. To help with the line twist trying using a 1/2 oz or bigger weight if you can and it also seems to help when i peg my weight with a bobber stopper.
Posted By: LipRippinLanders -BryanLanders

Re: Anyone here used V@M Wild Thang worm - 08/17/16 04:05 PM

We have absolutely whacked 'em on Rayburn with the V&M Wild Thang worm, especially at night (like one of the guys said above). However, that worm isn't the only V&M bait that catches them better than other brands. You've got to try the 6" Pork Pin and Cliff's Wild Craw as well.

When the bite is really tough throw the Pork Pin on a VERY LIGHT Tx rig. You'll be shocked at how big a fish will eat that small bait.

There is no better action from a crawfish bait than the Wild Craw. It is great for Tx rigging with the weight pegged or used as a jig trailer.

I don't at all get paid to use their baits so don't take this as a commercial. I'm just telling you what really works. I use them because they catch fish for me.

If you like the Wild Thang worm keep in mind that they make a Wild Lizzy too. Best action from any lizard on the market.

V&M has some of the best in the business doing their designing and testing before putting the final product on the market. There's a reason the baits catch 'em.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum