Texas Fishing Forum

Greetings From Deep East Texas

Posted By: HuknBull67

Greetings From Deep East Texas - 07/30/16 09:35 PM

Hello All,

I am a long time visitor and just joined last night. I am 50 years young :P and I have a place on Toledo Bend that I inherited from my father. This place means more to me than words will ever be able to describe.
I was blessed beyond measure to have a family that loved fishing and the outdoors. I will fish for anything that swims, but the black bass will always be #1 in my world with Crappie in a respectable second.
Love the information and stories that are shared from you awesome folks. I have a 04' Skeeter SX190 w/ 150 Vmax that was my fathers and it has been an awesome rig to fish from. I see a new one in my future, not sure how soon, but I can see it on the horizon smile
Here is a video of the creek I stay on ( Lowes Creek )that was shot with a drone from a dear friend who came down from Colorado to spend a few weeks during the spring this year. Spring Toledo Bend 2016
Looking forward to getting to know folks on here and would love the opportunity to get to fish with whomever likes to fish.

Peace and Bent Rods

HuknBull67
Posted By: RYAN R

Re: Greetings From Deep East Texas - 07/30/16 09:59 PM

Welcome to the forum!
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Greetings From Deep East Texas - 07/30/16 10:31 PM

welcome Glad your here. Thanks for sharing your information. I would love to fish there some day. The stories are wonderful.
Posted By: Fork Fanatic

Re: Greetings From Deep East Texas - 07/30/16 11:43 PM

Welcome to the forum. Lot of great people on here. I have fished all over Lowes Creek on TB. I'm actually looking for a camp on Toledo Bend myself. I love that place! Enjoyed the video.
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Greetings From Deep East Texas - 07/30/16 11:49 PM

fish

Re: Greetings From Deep East Texas - 07/31/16 02:29 AM

Many thanks for the welcome wagon folks. Looking forward for what is to come here.

Peace and Bent Rods

HuknBull67
Posted By: JerryC

Re: Greetings From Deep East Texas - 07/31/16 03:19 AM

HuknBull67,

Welcome to TFF!

I grew up right there on Lowes Creek in the 70's, fished that area when
my Dad wouldn't let me take our stick steer Kingfisher
out of the marina area. Great times. Learned a lot on how to find them in Lowes.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Greetings From Deep East Texas - 07/31/16 03:25 AM

Welcome to the forum.
Posted By: toddfish

Re: Greetings From Deep East Texas - 07/31/16 08:58 AM

cheers
Posted By: june-bug

Re: Greetings From Deep East Texas - 07/31/16 01:31 PM

Welcome to the forum. Neat video. I spend alot of time in Lowes creek. I have a place just around the bend from you in Rebel Ridge.
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Greetings From Deep East Texas - 07/31/16 01:43 PM

welcome to TFF and thanks for sharing the video !!
Man, you are blessed, one of the premier lakes of Texas and having a lake front lot.....man, pea green with envy !!!
Nice.....very nice

God Bless us all
Lee

Re: Greetings From Deep East Texas - 07/31/16 01:48 PM

Awesome,

Many Thanks for the welcome! I have a few friends that have camps in Rebel Ridge. I have jumped off that ridge many time in the fairly distant past..lol. I do not see myself doing that anymore, I'll just watch the younger ones do it now.
We will have to get together and go jerk some jaws. I am seriously thinking about hitting some TB tournaments this fall, so if your interested, maybe we can get something going.

Peace and Bent Rods

Dale
Posted By: june-bug

Re: Greetings From Deep East Texas - 07/31/16 02:40 PM

Yeah lol I have never taken the jump myself but watch my teenage boys do it all the time. Just bought my place about a year and a half ago man and wouldnt trade it for the world. If you drive straight all the way back to the cove you run right into my bank. I have the white mobile home up on the hill sitting on two lots with about 180' lake front. Only mobile home on the water in the cove lol. I'm usually up every other week or so and will have my silver, gunmetal and red Phoenix sitting out on the water if i'm not fishing. Stop by and say hello if you see me. Last October I caught my personal best twice (8.00 and 8.33) in Lowes creek so bring on the fall lol. Maybe we can hook up some time.

Denny
Posted By: JDJ01

Re: Greetings From Deep East Texas - 07/31/16 07:44 PM

Welcome
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum