Texas Fishing Forum

FORK

Posted By: Boat flip

FORK - 06/06/16 04:31 PM

Anyone been to fork lately? Where are they? Any ideas how to catchem?
Posted By: hopalong

Re: FORK - 06/06/16 04:42 PM

yes, in the water, with a rod and reel (they frown on dynamite for some reason) grin
Posted By: Bugzout10

Re: FORK - 06/06/16 04:45 PM

I prefer gill nets
Posted By: hopalong

Re: FORK - 06/06/16 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Boat flip

it is skeeter week, good luck on anyone sharing anything. probably have more luck getting the wifes cell phone # and a hook up with her than a single set of waypoints.
Posted By: BAGaBass

Re: FORK - 06/06/16 05:38 PM

Originally Posted By: hopalong

it is skeeter week, good luck on anyone sharing anything. probably have more luck getting the wifes cell phone # and a hook up with her than a single set of waypoints.

roflmao
Posted By: str1249

Re: FORK - 06/06/16 06:35 PM

Not just Skeeter week...
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: FORK - 06/06/16 06:53 PM

They are biting good on Fork.
Posted By: FSWITX

Re: FORK - 06/06/16 06:54 PM

OMG

Good luck, LOL
Posted By: LakeForkGroupie

Re: FORK - 06/06/16 06:58 PM

I was on a good timber pattern last week. I seem to find the fish around trees and stumps.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: FORK - 06/06/16 07:13 PM

Skeeter Owners tournament June 9-12. There are approx. 2.3 million registered and they are probably up there now posting their names on trees and shorelines. The boat ramps will be full with trucks and trailers parked in peoples yards and out in the street this from personal experience. If I were you I'd head to Lake Gilmer or Palestine and eliminate all the stress. You'll catch more fish too. bannana2
Posted By: 203 CHAMP

Re: FORK - 06/06/16 07:16 PM

On the east side past the hwy 17 bridge north there is an orange cone on a tree. You can't miss it when you find it hang on lots of big bass there. I use a Banjo minnow and always catch a DD. Good luck and tight lines.Let us know how you do.
Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

Re: FORK - 06/06/16 07:22 PM

roflmao
Posted By: PaPa@fork

Re: FORK - 06/07/16 12:20 AM

I needed a good laugh, thanks guys
roflmao roflmao roflmao
Posted By: Peepaw on Fork

Re: FORK - 06/07/16 01:06 AM

Try a yellow magic about 25' of water on a Carolina rig under the giant salvania
Posted By: slim 285

Re: FORK - 06/07/16 01:22 AM

Tough crowd around as you can see. If you were going this weekend or the later part of the week ,don't go unless you are fishing in the tournament . And if you are and you have a pre conceived notion forget about it. Your starting spot will have at lead six other boats on it. Just go fishing and fish your strengths.
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: FORK - 06/07/16 02:12 AM

I ran two new trot lines across Birch, hope no one hits'em...lotta big cats over there.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: FORK - 06/07/16 02:46 AM

If it were me I would probably start out midlake with your favorite topwaters and frogs in the flooded grass and the edges of the flooded grass. I would also throw in a 5-7" soft plastic swimbait rigged weedless on outside edges of said grass. The grass closest to breaks etc will be better as any vegetation near on on shallow points. Once that bite slows down maybe try a weightless Senko, Fluke etc just outside the grass for a while. After that back off and start flipping the first level of timber/stumps just off the grass edges focusing especially hard near points , drops etc. The slightly larger stumps or places where 2-3 smaller ones are clumped up will work.
Flipping/pitching wise this time of year its hard to beat a green pumpkin or black neon creature or craw bait. Everyone else will be throwing black/blue. If they are being finicky change out to a 6-7" blue fleck worm in same areas with a slightly lighter weight. I usually start the day with at least an 1/2oz and work up or down as needed.
Don't be afraid to check the flooded bushes periodically as well especially if you are noticing any baitfish activity near them. The ones on points can and will hold fish all day long.

Last but not least hit the docks. Not all docks are presented equal. Pay attention to how others are fishing them and change it a up a bit if you gotta go in behind fished water.

If none of that works remember the info was free.

Nice thing about fishing Fork this time of year is that you often get the shallow stuff to yourself. cheers
Posted By: DevinJoe

Re: FORK - 06/07/16 05:13 AM

Bass are fair to good on texas rigged powerworms and carolina rigged french frys onmain lake points and humps in 18 to 25 ft. Crappie are good on minnows and jigs around the bridges and brushpiles. Catfish are fair on cut shad and prepared baits
Posted By: Mike_Soriano™

Re: FORK - 06/07/16 05:50 AM

With all the deep spots basically covered up with skeeters..your best bet is to grind it out shallow. A lot of cover and pretty much the entire rim of the lake is covered in grass/willows/docks that are holding fish right now.
Posted By: flexpress

Re: FORK - 06/07/16 06:47 PM

Good info Slim ...!
Posted By: Ty's Team

Re: FORK - 06/07/16 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES
Skeeter Owners tournament June 9-12. There are approx. 2.3 million registered and they are probably up there now posting their names on trees and shorelines. The boat ramps will be full with trucks and trailers parked in peoples yards and out in the street this from personal experience. If I were you I'd head to Lake Gilmer or Palestine and eliminate all the stress. You'll catch more fish too. bannana2

No way this is true. Last year was the biggest and it was like 1600 registrants. Would expect about the same, maybe a little more this year.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: FORK - 06/07/16 10:09 PM

Sarcasm.....look it up
Posted By: DBFishing83

Re: FORK - 06/07/16 10:39 PM

Magee Bay & the Johnson Lake dam has been producing quite well. C-Rig & T-Rig 7 inch B/B worms.
if that doesn't work run up to the back end of Glade or Coffee Creek; throw square bills in the tree stumps.
Posted By: 8upwithfishin'

Re: FORK - 06/07/16 11:07 PM

Glad to see a few people giving some pointers, instead of a bunch of nonsense. Good folks!
Posted By: jbcarroll3000

Re: FORK - 06/08/16 03:14 AM

Originally Posted By: Ty's Team
Originally Posted By: GIG'EM AGGIES

No way this is true. Last year was the biggest and it was like 1600 registrants. Would expect about the same, maybe a little more this year.

No Aggie's right--2.3 million registered--give or take of course... OMG

Another option on Skeeter Tournament weekend is to follow around all the Skeeters with a big dip net. With all the porpoising they're known for, a good portion of the DD's in the lake get either knocked out or sea sick and just float to the surface. Boom. Net 'em--nice dinner. bolt
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum