Texas Fishing Forum

Found on Joe Pool lake---Update Owner found and rod and reel devlivered

Posted By: ToadThrower

Found on Joe Pool lake---Update Owner found and rod and reel devlivered - 05/24/16 11:14 PM

If you recently lost a rod and left handed reel in the water at Joe Pool lake I caught it today...send me a message to identify the rig.. I don't think it was in the water more than a week or two at most...It is a very nice set up...sure somebody was sick when it went overboard...hopefully I can find the owner.

Met a grateful fisherman and enjoyed a great burger and company with Roland at Joe Pool Oasis...he was very glad to get his rod and reel back...very nice of him to treat for the lunch...I enjoyed getting to met Roland and enjoyed talking fishing...and best of all have a new fishing friend...
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 05/25/16 12:37 AM

Good catch. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 05/25/16 02:11 AM

Too bad you didn't say Wax....I lost a Falcon Cara micro medium and a lefty Team Lews Pro over the side a while back.

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 05/25/16 02:31 AM

Maybe I will fish there next...sadly it was my best catch of the day...caught a lot of fish nothing of size...and I did try flippin a jig to shallow stickups...I guess I just dont have your jig magic
Posted By: mitchmoore01

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 05/27/16 06:07 PM

Bump

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 06/02/16 03:27 PM

Well a happy update to this post...I have found the owner of the lost rod and reel...thanks to his friend..The owner doesn't participate on TFF...but his friend does...and sent me a message and he correctly identified the lost rod and reel..hopefully I will meet him and return it this weekend...I thought it was a long shot when I posted but never underestimate the TFF network of fisherman...glad I found the owner...
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 06/02/16 03:29 PM

thumb That is cool
Posted By: Preacher Ed

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 06/02/16 03:36 PM

That is so cool. Thank you for your honesty!
Posted By: danwill12

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 06/02/16 03:55 PM

Toad, you should hop around happy today, as you have done your good deed for at least a year.!
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 06/02/16 04:20 PM

thumb
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 06/02/16 04:39 PM

Too cool.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 06/02/16 04:57 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen
Too bad you didn't say Wax....I lost a Falcon Cara micro medium and a lefty Team Lews Pro over the side a while back.

You still fishin' those fairy wands?
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 06/02/16 04:58 PM

Nice gesture Toadthrower.....

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 06/02/16 05:56 PM

Originally Posted By: Okie Poke
Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

You still fishin' those fairy wands?

Seems as though I am slowly kicking off the front deck. Lol. Not on purpose ....but you know.
Posted By: RAT TRAPPER

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 06/02/16 10:04 PM

Get that man a cold BEER. cheers
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 06/02/16 10:06 PM

Good job
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 06/02/16 10:48 PM

cheers
Posted By: Big Swimbait

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 06/03/16 01:27 AM

Class act!
Posted By: Ranger-188-2007

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 06/03/16 02:02 AM

banana Great Job!
Posted By: soje

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 06/03/16 09:35 AM

That was very good of you. Since it's been claimed, can we hear what kind of gear it was? When you said I'm sure somebody was sick, I'm thinking NRX with a Pixy, or something real fancy.
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 06/03/16 09:59 AM

Sweet !

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 06/03/16 12:03 PM

It was a 7 foot 4 inch Duckett micro eye rod with an Abu Garcia Revo S reel....(left handed) ..Pretty nice set up ....I am guessing it was worth at least $250 to replace...not your $500 plus set up but one I know I would hate to see take a dive overboard...I am glad I found the owner....kind of gives me hope that when I send one over the side (again) someday in the future that if someone finds it they will do they same...Finding the owner surely made my day..I should mention the owner said he spent over 3 hours trying to locate it with various methods..and he had the rod labeled with the line type weight and reel ratio..(neatly typed on a label maker)..I'll bet his tackle is just as organized as well...

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 06/03/16 12:07 PM

Originally Posted By: ToadThrower
It was a 7 foot 4 inch Duckett micro eye rod with an Abu Garcia Revo S reel....(left handed) ..Pretty nice set up ....I am guessing it was worth at least $250 to replace...not your $500 plus set up but one I know I would hate to see take a dive overboard...I am glad I found the owner....kind of gives me hope that when I send one over the side someday in the future that if someone finds it they will do they same...Finding the owner surely made my day..
ah hell......a throwaway.

Just kidding
Posted By: dynatrakben194

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 06/03/16 04:46 PM

Great karma! Next big fish should go to you. btw what lure was on it?

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 06/03/16 05:10 PM

The owner said it was a crank bait...when I caught the rod there was a lot of line out...and it was stuck solid so I cut the line...he said he laid the rod down on the boat to put a sand bass in the live well and the rod with crank bait went over the side...(was about 3 weeks before I found it) so my guess the crankbait caught on something and then maybe someone caught the line and pulled extra line off...the reel had a lot of mud on it like it had drug the bottom...so I only recovered the rod and reel..
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 06/03/16 05:15 PM

thumb
Posted By: spacejunkie

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 06/03/16 05:49 PM

Gives me hope that someone might snag my rig I kicked over on Amistad. If and when the water drops 20' (which I am not really wanting to happen) I will spend some time looking on the bank for it. At least the experience taught me not to have too many rods and reels on the deck at one time. I now limit it to two only on each side plus what is in my hand.

Re: Found on Joe Pool lake - 06/04/16 08:45 PM

Just got back from delivering the rod to its owner Roland at Joe Pool Oasis.

Roland was very grateful and happy to get his rod and reel back...he was nice enough to treat me to a great lunch at the Oasis at Joe Pool...enjoyed talking fishing and best of all making a new fishing friend...I would have never thought I could locate the owner...amazing network here on the TFF...especially since Roland does not post or read or participate on the forum...but his friend does and made the connection...just goes to show you can never have too many friends...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum