Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing with a legend

Posted By: LunkersTV

Fishing with a legend - 05/15/16 08:42 PM

Gary Yamamoto is the most humble guy I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. I am glad he invited me out to his ranch and thought yall might enjoy watching him. Glad to see the fishing industry is starting to take notice of the guys on youtube. Should help with some growth of the industry as a whole.

Posted By: Chris Taylor

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/15/16 09:11 PM

Great video! Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/15/16 09:17 PM

Enjoyed the video. Thanks for sharing. cheers
Posted By: HOTBAMike

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/16/16 01:14 AM

Very well deserved opportunity. Appreciate all the videos and keep up the good work.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/16/16 02:21 AM

thumb
Posted By: T54

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/16/16 02:26 AM

In 8 short months you have gone from basically posting an instructional guide on how to break a fishing rod to fishing with celebrities. The internet is a funny thing. Congrats.
Posted By: airforcefishin

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/16/16 02:41 AM

Originally Posted By: T54
In 8 short months you have gone from basically posting an instructional guide on how to break a fishing rod to fishing with celebrities. The internet is a funny thing. Congrats.
roflmao
Posted By: LunkersTV

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/16/16 09:13 AM

Just had to try and grind it out I guess. YouTube has opened up a few doors and of course I had to stop fishing like an idiot.
Posted By: O.C.A.

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/16/16 11:21 AM

Great video....keep up the good work...
Posted By: WAWI

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/16/16 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: LunkersTV

Just had to try and grind it out I guess. YouTube has opened up a few doors and of course I had to stop fishing like an idiot.

Does this mean you are gonna stop pot licking?
Posted By: AdvTX

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/16/16 01:59 PM

Dang you must have got the hook up! cheers
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/16/16 02:01 PM

popcorn
Posted By: Chris_K

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/16/16 03:05 PM

I find it intriguing how haters flock to this guy. I've seen him on Rayburn and Athens multiple times and have never seen anything out of line.

There have been several other "this guy did such and such on the water" threads and most people reserve judgement because there's always two sides to every story right?...
Someone mentions this guy's on the water manners and everyone assumes him guilty immediatly. I don't know the guy, just curious why he brings out the haters so.

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/16/16 03:06 PM

BTW, I enjoy the videos dude...
Posted By: AdvTX

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/16/16 06:24 PM

How could anyone hate on this guy? He puts out the best and most detailed videos on youtube. I enjoy the vids, keep it up!
Posted By: JD/76708

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/16/16 06:41 PM

It really is easier to forgive than to act begrudgingly.....just seems like it isn't...
Posted By: Amackmac

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/16/16 06:43 PM

Gary rocks
Posted By: PredApex

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/16/16 09:36 PM

$85 a day to fish his ponds and $150 a night rooms….seems pretty fair to me…he even provides you a Legend boat at no charge. clap

Good video too!
Posted By: T54

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/16/16 11:44 PM

I admire the work you put into your videos. You're doing well. I wasn't trying to be critical, I just thought it was interesting how quickly this took off for you.
Posted By: Neches

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/17/16 12:54 AM

You do good a boat wrap will get you noticed, you do bad stuff a boat wrap will get you noticed. But really I have a question. What makes a guy think he is good enough to start posting videos? Won lots of major tournaments? A local fishing hero that doesn't fish tournaments? Or just want to be a hero? Like they named the go pro camera. Its a look at me world now!!
Posted By: Trickster

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/17/16 01:23 AM

I think we may have a replacement for Casey Allison. eeks
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/17/16 01:41 AM

Originally Posted By: Neches
You do good a boat wrap will get you noticed, you do bad stuff a boat wrap will get you noticed. But really I have a question. What makes a guy think he is good enough to start posting videos? Won lots of major tournaments? A local fishing hero that doesn't fish tournaments? Or just want to be a hero? Like they named the go pro camera. Its a look at me world now!!

Exactly! I do think his videos are top notch. But he he has zero skins on the wall so to speak. I won't get into his past which I have witnessed first hand. But someone who is going to post on how to do anything should have some experience. He clearly wants and at least gets some attention. I just hope that all takes it for what it's worth.

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/17/16 02:11 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris Borden

Exactly! I do think his videos are top notch. But he he has zero skins on the wall so to speak. I won't get into his past which I have witnessed first hand. But someone who is going to post on how to do anything should have some experience. He clearly wants and at least gets some attention. I just hope that all takes it for what it's worth.

His videos usually are of underwater movement of a senko, etc. How much experience do you really need? I sub to his video channel and have never heard him claim to be a good fisherman or that he can make you a better one.. to each their own.

As i stated before, i dont know thr guy but I have seen him take st judes kids fishing in one of his videos, I saw him offer his boat to the UT angler who was here looking for help and most importantly he served our country. In my book that deserves, NO scratch that, EARNS respect. If he enjoys film and video, let him do his thing..
Posted By: Preacher Ed

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/17/16 03:13 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris_K

His videos usually are of underwater movement of a senko, etc. How much experience do you really need? I sub to his video channel and have never heard him claim to be a good fisherman or that he can make you a better one.. to each their own.

As i stated before, i dont know thr guy but I have seen him take st judes kids fishing in one of his videos, I saw him offer his boat to the UT angler who was here looking for help and most importantly he served our country. In my book that deserves, NO scratch that, EARNS respect. If he enjoys film and video, let him do his thing..

Very nice post, Chris. I don't know the gentleman and have never watched any of his videos. I might at some point, just don't have the time to sit around and watch a lot of YouTube stuff. But I'm reminded of my days years ago when I coon hunted. Most liked to think that they had the best dog. But the wise men who hunted always told me that they suspected that the best coon hound probably belonged to a gentleman who hunted alone for the enjoyment of the sport, not to compare his dog to others. It is entirely possible, very likely in fact, that if not THE best bass fisherman then certainly some of the best don't fish tournaments and rarely fish with others. Instead, content to enjoy the peacefulness and solitude of that comes with fishing alone. I laughed this last Winter reading on the THF where a guy said that he could look at a man's set-up (hunting blind/stand & his feeder, suggesting that they had to have an expensive set-up) and his rifle to tell how GOOD of a hunter he was. Really? Is that where we are at today? Even though I might never take the time to watch this gentleman's videos, it is nothing personal. I just don't watch anyone's. But, I for one do not think that a person has to have trophies on his wall to be not only a good fisherman, but a great one. Is he? Don't know. But it is unfair IMO to say he isn't based on the fact he might not fish tournaments or won any.
Posted By: Brandon Adamcik

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/17/16 03:23 AM

Keep doing what you enjoy. cheers
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/17/16 04:12 AM

Man always some morons on here bashing someone for being successful. Robert has put allot of work and money into making quality YouTube videos and his hard work has paid off. I'm very proud to call him a friend and to him serving his country go watch his video regarding that and then try and post some garbage on here about him.
Posted By: JAY SHIPE

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/17/16 02:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)
Man always some morons on here bashing someone for being successful. Robert has put allot of work and money into making quality YouTube videos and his hard work has paid off. I'm very proud to call him a friend and to him serving his country go watch his video regarding that and then try and post some garbage on here about him.

Good job Rob! Jake...Rob and I often joke around and laugh at the bashers on here, I assure you he doesn't lose any sleep over it. Actually I think hes flattered they are thinking about him. haha.
Posted By: tincan86

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/20/16 04:51 PM

Originally Posted By: Preacher Ed
Originally Posted By: Chris_K

Very nice post, Chris. I don't know the gentleman and have never watched any of his videos. I might at some point, just don't have the time to sit around and watch a lot of YouTube stuff. But I'm reminded of my days years ago when I coon hunted. Most liked to think that they had the best dog. But the wise men who hunted always told me that they suspected that the best coon hound probably belonged to a gentleman who hunted alone for the enjoyment of the sport, not to compare his dog to others. It is entirely possible, very likely in fact, that if not THE best bass fisherman then certainly some of the best don't fish tournaments and rarely fish with others. Instead, content to enjoy the peacefulness and solitude of that comes with fishing alone. I laughed this last Winter reading on the THF where a guy said that he could look at a man's set-up (hunting blind/stand & his feeder, suggesting that they had to have an expensive set-up) and his rifle to tell how GOOD of a hunter he was. Really? Is that where we are at today? Even though I might never take the time to watch this gentleman's videos, it is nothing personal. I just don't watch anyone's. But, I for one do not think that a person has to have trophies on his wall to be not only a good fisherman, but a great one. Is he? Don't know. But it is unfair IMO to say he isn't based on the fact he might not fish tournaments or won any.

I have won lots of money of golf courses from guys with this mentality. Up until about 5 years ago I was still using clubs I got from my dad in 98. My dad always used to tell me it is not the bow and arrow it is the Indian, I now see that as I am older.
Posted By: tincan86

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/20/16 04:53 PM

Back on subject, I have subscribed to the channel and like the videos that you produce keep it going, haters will hate.
Posted By: Walker_wilson13

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/24/16 02:54 AM

The people bashing seem to be the ones with the "ego" and searching for the attention... Not the man giving back to the fishing community and teaching the beginners how to fish. Kind of sad to see the so called "Adults" of this sport react in such a childish way. I know how much work and effort go into his posts considering I've been doing it for quite some time too, much respect for Robert. flag
Posted By: stuntmandave

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/24/16 03:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Walker_wilson13

The people bashing seem to be the ones with the "ego" and searching for the attention... Not the man giving back to the fishing community and teaching the beginners how to fish. Kind of sad to see the so called "Adults" of this sport react in such a childish way. I know how much work and effort go into his posts considering I've been doing it for quite some time too, much respect for Robert. flag

Well said.. This guy is drawing kids into fishing, and recognizing the ones that send in their catches. Anyone can talk on here about all their experience and judge, but I'm sure there are a few who are on here doing much less for the future of fishing. He has a platform and is doing great things with it. Just because you may have tournament wins or more experience doesn't give you the right to detriment the success of someone doing good things for the fishing community. Keep up the good work brother. cheers
Posted By: Catch&Release-Me-Again

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/25/16 06:35 PM

What is a pot licker? I'm serious, liked the video too.
Posted By: Brent S

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/25/16 06:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Catch&Release-Me-Again
What is a pot licker? I'm serious, liked the video too.

Old terminology that should disappear.
Posted By: txmark1959

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/25/16 07:25 PM

I really like your videos......good stuff!
Posted By: 361V

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/25/16 07:44 PM

Originally Posted By: whatsaweighin

Does this mean you are gonna stop pot licking?
PM him your accusations!
Posted By: BigBassB

Re: Fishing with a legend - 05/25/16 08:06 PM

Great Job man. I have really been enjoying you underwater lure videos. Really cool so see the different actions.

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum