Posted By: MBDLAW

Re: Taking a swim at Ivie - 04/26/16 05:09 AM

Wow...that's cool!!
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Taking a swim at Ivie - 04/26/16 05:32 AM

I got a cool little video also but heck if I know how to upload
Posted By: Jigfish

Re: Taking a swim at Ivie - 04/26/16 10:37 AM

That's cool, Jim and I was fishing somewhere years ago and had a small buck swimming the river. Have you ever fished an island somewhere and someone see something and say " wonder how they got there" well now you know.
Posted By: pil,b

Re: Taking a swim at Ivie - 04/26/16 01:45 PM

It's amazing how fast and good swimmers they are with the sharp pointed hooves.Watched one on Ivie swim app. 400 yards to one of the islands and shook off like a dog and trotted off.On Alan Henry saw 2 Mule deer does cross the lake. Good picture. fish
Posted By: Stompy

Re: Taking a swim at Ivie - 04/26/16 01:51 PM

Had a nice 8pt swim across Cow Creek at Amistad earlier this year. Cool pic.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Taking a swim at Ivie - 04/26/16 03:38 PM

Awesome site! I have seen deer crossing in lakes and rivers several times over the years. Do not see it all that often. thumb
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Taking a swim at Ivie - 04/26/16 03:47 PM

Cool photo, Chris. Thanks for sharing.
Posted By: JD/76708

Re: Taking a swim at Ivie - 04/26/16 03:54 PM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
Cool photo, Chris. Thanks for sharing.

+1
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Taking a swim at Ivie - 04/26/16 04:17 PM

We come across three of them swimming from Mexico on Amistad. They made it but that third one was slowing down before she hit landfall. They were coming across on main lake, and that is one big body of water.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Taking a swim at Ivie - 04/26/16 04:24 PM

About 10 years ago I saw a deer swimming from the Canadian shore to Isle Royale in Lake Superior. That's a several mile swim.
Posted By: InTheClear

Re: Taking a swim at Ivie - 04/26/16 04:56 PM

Seen a few do that on Lake Tyler, kept my distance but was there until they crossed safely. Amazed at how far they will swim!
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Taking a swim at Ivie - 04/26/16 05:01 PM

It's been a good weekend for seeing animals
Got to watch a bobcat yesterday for about 10 minutes
Several deer and this morning had a few quail run across the boat ramp while I was backing down
Posted By: tin man 55

Re: Taking a swim at Ivie - 04/26/16 06:11 PM

about 2 years ago I followed 2 deer that were swimming across Little Caney at Fork. one of them was small, so I followed just in case he/she had a problem. of course, now that I think about it, what would I have done? try to pull a drowning deer into my bass boat???
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Taking a swim at Ivie - 04/26/16 07:04 PM

Awesome
Posted By: hanson3708

Re: Taking a swim at Ivie - 04/26/16 11:50 PM

I saw a bobcat swimming at Ivie a few yrs ago. The water was a steamy 45 degrees.
Posted By: bradnitro175

Re: Taking a swim at Ivie - 04/27/16 12:29 AM

Did you see any feesh
Posted By: Paparon

Re: Taking a swim at Ivie - 04/27/16 12:55 AM

Nice pic! Thanks for sharing!
Posted By: SIR-FISH-LOT

Re: Taking a swim at Ivie - 04/27/16 01:49 AM

Seen a few herbs cross Lake Welsh a couple of times.
Posted By: bronco71

Re: Taking a swim at Ivie - 04/27/16 02:27 AM

Cool, somewhere I have a pic of 3 bucks swimming across a cove at Lake Lewisville of all places!!
Posted By: bayesj

Re: Taking a swim at Ivie - 04/27/16 05:48 PM

I've seen several deer swim across the Ohio river in Pennsylvania where the river is approximately 1/3 mile wide with a mild current.
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: Taking a swim at Ivie - 04/27/16 08:08 PM

Nice, have seen them cross the discharge at Fayette before like it was nothing and that water is moving!
Posted By: mitchmoore01

Re: Taking a swim at Ivie - 04/28/16 12:40 PM

Sweet
Posted By: R.J.E.

Re: Taking a swim at Ivie - 04/28/16 12:50 PM

My last dog chased a deer into the water on a decent size cove on Lake Buchanan a few years ago and my dog went in right behind it, the cove was pretty wide and when the deer got to the other side, she looked back and there was my dog right behind it. It was the funniest thing, my dog chased it into the woods and she came back a little while later. On a different occasion I heard a unique sound up ahead of myself as I was walking by the lake, there was my dog and it had caught a young doe out in the water and the doe was yelling out, I had to jump om my dog so she would turn it loose. Sadly I had to put the dog to sleep last weekend, she had cancer. Her name was Bear, great dog!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum