Texas Fishing Forum

Toledo eating my lunch

Posted By: trenthuntin

Toledo eating my lunch - 04/14/16 01:27 PM

Got here Tuesday afternoon and did pretty good to four pounds on many lures. I've caught one tiny one since. The front shut them down, at least I hope it's not just me. And there is no hay grass in San miguel arm. I've been all the way to main lake. Even found pads, but no hay grass. Punched brush, top, bottom, even cranked points. Very frustrating for my vacation. Hope yall are having better luck. You know it's bad when I'm already back at the cabin writing this at 0830.
Posted By: Jkrez

Re: Toledo eating my lunch - 04/14/16 01:30 PM

It's 0830 and you're already back in???
Posted By: mudd

Re: Toledo eating my lunch - 04/14/16 01:34 PM

U need go south. Those fish up north of bridge r just bout full post spawn. Go down to 6 mile, Indian mounds, housin bay areas. Plenty of grass and fish
Posted By: kellisag

Re: Toledo eating my lunch - 04/14/16 01:35 PM

0830 and back in the cabin? I get enough time behind the computer when I am at work. Get back out there with a chatter bait or square bill and just start covering water, you will run into some fish eventually.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Toledo eating my lunch - 04/14/16 02:33 PM

If they aren't biting in Miguel, try the other 180,000 acres available. 1215, patroon, negreet, housen, it's endless really

Re: Toledo eating my lunch - 04/14/16 03:15 PM

Ya I'm back that early. After getting skunked yesterday, after 2 hours of the same this morning I let the frustration get the best of me. I went to the main lake by truck to check out different ramps.
Posted By: Tristen

Re: Toledo eating my lunch - 04/14/16 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
If they aren't biting in Miguel, try the other 180,000 acres available.

roflmao
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Toledo eating my lunch - 04/14/16 03:39 PM

We fished last Friday and it was tough. Boated only three fish. We fished Indian Mounds and Patroon. Fished every which way and depth.
Posted By: coachmas

Re: Toledo eating my lunch - 04/14/16 03:41 PM

We caught them deep 3 weeks ago in Ram Open Series. Coach
Posted By: Bullet20XrD

Re: Toledo eating my lunch - 04/14/16 03:46 PM

If they aren't biting in Miguel, try the other 180,000 acres available. 1215, patroon, negreet, housen, it's endless really

^^This^^

LOL
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: Toledo eating my lunch - 04/14/16 03:49 PM

We fished San Miguel hard last weekend. We beat the banks shallow for a day. Went up to Solan's, Bison (sp?), Anderson Island the next day. Saturday we stayed in San Miguel again, but moved to humps and secondary points. We caught a few smaller ones out on the humps and secondary points, but not much. Fishing was tough.

I think you need to go South of the bridge and look around. Fishing seems to be off in San Miguel. I'm sure if you pull up to the right hump at the right time, you could catch them, but I don't know it well enough to know those spots.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Toledo eating my lunch - 04/14/16 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Bullet20XrD

^^This^^

LOL

you get discouraged to easy its thursday and you have only caught one dink since tuesday?? change up what your doing my friend
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Toledo eating my lunch - 04/15/16 12:53 AM

They bit really well yesterday for me. Today was a bit slower for me but I was doing a lot more looking and checking out areas. The monsoon rains made it a bit harder too. They bit but you had to slow your. presentation down. The key for me the last 2 days has been covering a lot of water and shallow junk fishing.I had 6-8 rods on the deck both days and rotated like crazy. Sometimes a couple of different baits on a me spot before I got bit. Yesterday numbers and size were goid. Biggest going 7-8lbs. Lots of decent fish. Today was keeper fish with a couple of chunks.

Re: Toledo eating my lunch - 04/15/16 06:21 PM

That's awesome Mark! They but a little better yesterday afternoon and better this morn. Gonna hit again this evening and tomorrow morn before I head back home.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Toledo eating my lunch - 04/15/16 06:47 PM

Originally Posted By: trenthuntin
That's awesome Mark! They but a little better yesterday afternoon and better this morn. Gonna hit again this evening and tomorrow morn before I head back home.

Hope you catch a giant or three. Wish I was still there today.
Posted By: Neal G

Re: Toledo eating my lunch - 04/15/16 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: mudd
U need go south. Those fish up north of bridge r just bout full post spawn. Go down to 6 mile, Indian mounds, housin bay areas. Plenty of grass and fish

Yes - please go down there. Just look for the other 200+ boats.

Re: Toledo eating my lunch - 04/17/16 02:33 AM

Today was tough again. We went out yesterday evening when the winds laid. Luckily the winds stayed down till we got back, right at dark, then they jumped to 20+. This morning there were a lot of other boats, thus the reason I usually try to fish during the week. I was surprised seeing that many on 200,000 acres. Hope they all did better than us though! Thanks for the tips for those who shared and thanks for sharing your waters! Beautiful lake!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum