Texas Fishing Forum

H20 nano micro

Posted By: basscaster46

H20 nano micro - 03/25/16 10:52 PM

Was at academy today looked at h20 nano micro rod was light and looked great any reviews out there?
100.00 rod didn't look bad just thought I'd ask for opinions

J D
Posted By: timwins31

Re: H20 nano micro - 03/26/16 04:02 PM

For that price you can get a 13 Omen Black or a Mojo Bass rod, both better than anything All Star makes now days.
Posted By: Matthew Scogin

Re: H20 nano micro - 03/26/16 04:44 PM

I have been using the H2O rods for years now. My favorite model is their foam handled $79 model. It is very light and sensitive. Previously, I have used several other higher end rods including Kistler LTAs, Falcon Cara's, Duckett, and years ago the high end Allstar rods before they become a commoditized rod. I absolutely love the H2O rods. From what I have found, you would have to spend over double the price to get a comparable rod.

The nano rods are newer for Academy and venture into the mid level rod market price wise. I have used them a fair amount. The nano resin makes the blank a little stronger and a touch stiffer in the same action. I like the $79 version better because the cork handle in the nano rod does not fit my hands as well. Additionally, I like the matte finish better.

Note that a few times per year they run some good sales on them. Keep your eye out.

Action wise, I live the 7' MH for a wide range of applications from spinnerbaits to traps to shaky heads to light Carolina rigs. Their 7'3" H is great for heavy Carolina rigs and flipping. Their 6'8" spinning rod is a great drop shot rod too if that fits your fancy.

Not saying there are not other good rods out there. The H2O blue colored rods are just some of the best for the money IMO. I have not used the omen rods yet, but their reels seem nice. The Mojo Bass rods are good, but they are a lot heavier weight and balance wise.
Posted By: jiggmann

Re: H20 nano micro - 03/26/16 05:45 PM

I have a couple of the 79 dollar ones very good rod for money!
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: H20 nano micro - 03/26/16 08:16 PM

These rods will fling it a country mile, great distance and solid sensitivity with these.
Posted By: basscaster46

Re: H20 nano micro - 03/27/16 04:04 PM

Thanks guys

J D popcorn
Posted By: Kyle405

Re: H20 nano micro - 03/27/16 04:27 PM

Big fan of H20 products. Cant best the warranty either!
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: H20 nano micro - 03/27/16 06:39 PM

I like them. I have mostly Ethos. Composite Cranker, Magnum Cranker,6'10" - 7'0" MH's, all paired with H20 Mettles or Quantam Accurists.

Posted By: YAKaddict

Re: H20 nano micro - 03/28/16 09:29 AM

The rods are great. I have both h2os and omens and I believe the h20 is a much better rod. As a matter of fact I'm grabbing 2 more mh this week
Posted By: Hobbs McAvoy

Re: H20 nano micro - 03/28/16 12:19 PM

I have the H2O with the nano, micro and the regular guides. I prefer the regular guide version with the cork handle. Great rod and it's the cheapest of the three versions.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum