Texas Fishing Forum

Ray Roberts?

Posted By: steve Mbass

Ray Roberts? - 02/21/16 11:43 PM

Went out on Ray Rob today, best water temp I saw was 56. Not much luck out there today. Fished east side and right north of wolf island. Did not see much going on. Tough day.
Posted By: mikereils5er

Re: Ray Roberts? - 02/21/16 11:56 PM

walked about 7 miles of shoreline around isle debois, same story, got two thumps. tough day for me
Posted By: Bobby ihn

Re: Ray Roberts? - 02/22/16 12:15 AM

I went out and boated 4 bass by the road bed by the marina then 1 that got off
Posted By: Brandon Potter

Re: Ray Roberts? - 02/22/16 01:54 AM

Had some 58 degree water in the back of Wolf, caught 3 and had 2 get off. Left around noon
Posted By: BlaiseWeimer

Re: Ray Roberts? - 02/22/16 02:02 AM

What's the water color like?
Posted By: steve Mbass

Re: Ray Roberts? - 02/22/16 02:34 AM

It's about all the other lakes around, 8 to 12 inch
Posted By: adam_p

Re: Ray Roberts? - 02/22/16 03:37 AM

Originally Posted By: BlaiseWeimer

18" best, most a foot or less.

Got a good rain this evening so I'd expect that to change and the water temps to drop several degrees.
Posted By: Kidde

Re: Ray Roberts? - 02/22/16 04:38 AM

I think I read somewhere that one of the lake's best guides is down guiding on falcon. That prolly tells you all you need to know about the fishing on RR
Posted By: B-rader

Re: Ray Roberts? - 02/22/16 01:32 PM

We caught ten or so fish yesterday best was around 5lbs, left when the wind started blowing from the North. We caught two of the illusive smallmouth
Posted By: fish4bass

Re: Ray Roberts? - 02/22/16 04:54 PM

Originally Posted By: adam_p
Originally Posted By: BlaiseWeimer

18" best, most a foot or less.

Got a good rain this evening so I'd expect that to change and the water temps to drop several degrees.

I live north of the lake in the watershed. We got nothing but a 15 minute sprinkle.
Posted By: steph670

Re: Ray Roberts? - 02/22/16 05:27 PM

Find the warmest water and you will find more activity. Got a few bites off wind blown rock points, it was slow for the most part. You can view my report on www.hathcoatfishing.com
Posted By: jimritcholds481

Re: Ray Roberts? - 02/23/16 04:18 AM

fished it sunday caught 2 4 pounders and my dad caught one that was 8 and one that was pushing 12 ounces lol. the biggest was caught in 1.5 feet and the 2 4's were in 4 foot, from what we saw they were coming up shallow getting ready for the march spawn. launched out of buck creek. kvd 2.5 square bill
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Ray Roberts? - 02/23/16 04:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Brad Hardt
We caught ten or so fish yesterday best was around 5lbs, left when the wind started blowing from the North. We caught two of the illusive smallmouth

Hey don't be sore lipping my pet smallmouth!
Posted By: CodyTuckerOutdoors

Re: Ray Roberts? - 02/23/16 01:31 PM

To be quite honest, I've never ever seen Ray Roberts fish this good in any February. It's usually known as the Dead Sea during winter months.. We've been catching fish pretty good. Most are big fish. It's not great, but it is good for Roberts in February. There are numerous patterns that have seemed to work
As well. I think the spring rains last year will make for a great year this year.
Posted By: get-bit

Re: Ray Roberts? - 02/23/16 02:29 PM

Fished yesterday. Warmest water I found was 58.2. Water clarity best was two feet visibility. Some nice fish shallow, but most of the fish are still waiting. Hopefully this little front won't change anything.

Falcon was fun. Lake is on the rebound, as long as they can keep water in it. Man I wish our bushes grew as fast as they do down there. We have some nice new shallow cover around Roberts, but nothing like down South.
Posted By: swarner

Re: Ray Roberts? - 02/24/16 01:17 AM

I'm ready to go back to falcon!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum