Texas Fishing Forum

LOWRANCE HELP

Posted By: Ty Burns

LOWRANCE HELP - 02/15/16 10:50 PM

I JUST GOT BACK FROM A 4 DAY TRIP TO FORK.
THE FISHING SUCKED FOR US, BUT THE WEATHER WAS GREAT.
WHILE I WAS THERE, I GOT MY GRAPHS TUNED BY SLADE DAUGHERTY (MIGHT HAVE MISSPELLED HIS LAST NAME), MONEY WELL SPENT.
HE TOOK US OUT IN MY BOAT AND EXPLAINED WHAT WE WERE SEEING ON THE SCREEN.
HE ALSO SHOWED US HOW TO DO MANY THINGS WITH THE GRAPH I DIDN'T KNOW YOU COULD DO.
IF YOUR IN THE AREA, GIVE HIM A CALL, YOU'LL BE GLAD YOU DID.
HE BLEEDS HUMMINBIRD, BUT HE IS AMAZING WITH LOWRANCE AS WELL.
Posted By: jhall239

Re: LOWRANCE HELP - 02/15/16 11:02 PM

Been there done that highly recommend Slade
Posted By: Txmedic033

Re: LOWRANCE HELP - 02/15/16 11:09 PM

I see lots of text praising Slade. Let's see some screen shots.
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: LOWRANCE HELP - 02/16/16 12:41 AM

Posted By: Troutnout

Re: LOWRANCE HELP - 02/16/16 01:55 AM

BH your PM box is full, I tried on the other post to get you to send the settings but cannot send you the PM.. Thx..
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: LOWRANCE HELP - 02/16/16 05:52 AM

BH, can you walk us through your settings por favor? Inquiring minds would like to know. cheers
Posted By: Bruce Bullard

Re: LOWRANCE HELP - 02/16/16 07:30 AM

Slade Dougharty will make you wish you had used his expertise years ago. He will explain what you are seeing and answer any questions you ask.
Posted By: bassmasterffej

Re: LOWRANCE HELP - 02/16/16 01:49 PM

laugh Awesome!
Posted By: Ropers12

Re: LOWRANCE HELP - 02/18/16 05:30 PM

Does anyone have the contact information for Slade?

Re: LOWRANCE HELP - 02/18/16 06:23 PM

Slade- 817-797-8762
Posted By: Troutnout

Re: LOWRANCE HELP - 02/18/16 06:42 PM

How does it work, do you send him your units? Or does he explain over the phone? Fee?
Posted By: Mayo

Re: LOWRANCE HELP - 02/18/16 06:57 PM

Found this this past Sunday on Fork. Installed and setup my graphs myself... grin

Posted By: grout-scout

Re: LOWRANCE HELP - 02/18/16 08:32 PM

Yeah, honestly there's not much you can setup with Lowrance since it's all automatic with a few minor adjustments. If you have bad images then you have a bad install or a bad transducer.

I wonder how many props & lower units that guard rail has claimed victim to???

Re: LOWRANCE HELP - 02/18/16 09:46 PM

Originally Posted By: grout-scout
Yeah, honestly there's not much you can setup with Lowrance since it's all automatic with a few minor adjustments. If you have bad images then you have a bad install or a bad transducer.

Its far from automatic, I don't run one setting on auto. Running on auto is the worst and most false reading you can get.
Posted By: Chris Borden

Re: LOWRANCE HELP - 02/18/16 09:59 PM

Agree with bh.

Originally Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Its far from automatic, I don't run one setting on auto. Running on auto is the worst and most false reading you can get.
Posted By: Nutman

Re: LOWRANCE HELP - 02/18/16 10:08 PM

Mayo.
bottom is 11 foot. Top of guard rail is at 4 feet.
I hope that is off the beaten path or somewhere where one would not be on plane.
That would have to have been exposed before the water came up

Re: LOWRANCE HELP - 02/18/16 11:09 PM

Originally Posted By: Chris Borden
Agree with bh.

Ok Lowrance gurus, go ahead and tell us all what you think you can change? The automatic statement was true 10 years ago, now it doesn't apply.

Scroll speed? Only on 2d sonar.
Sensitivity? Only on 2d sonar.
Surface clarity? Only on 2d sonar.
Color palette? Yeah ok, 2d and LSS.
Oh wait, contrast? Yeah that must be what you guys are changing.

roflmao

I sure don't see you guys in the general equipment page helping other Lowrance users out with your infinite knowledge. hmmm Heck, you 2 gurus didn't even share your settings with these other guys, might be because you don't really know them though I suppose.
Posted By: Mayo

Re: LOWRANCE HELP - 02/18/16 11:19 PM

Yes it was off the beaten path but I was still surprised when I saw it. I've never been to this area before. I marked it obviously and no I would not run the area I was in and its not in a running lane. This is the second one I've found on Fork.

I was kinda busy and not paying much attention to my graphs coming out of the area and when I got the chance I scrolled back and saw the bridge. Because of this I wasn't dialing them in like I would normally coming out but you can clearly see what's going on.

Nice image B. Hollingshead and it takes a little work to make them shine...

Re: LOWRANCE HELP - 02/19/16 02:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Chris Borden
Agree with bh.

Ok Lowrance gurus, go ahead and tell us all what you think you can change? The automatic statement was true 10 years ago, now it doesn't apply.

Scroll speed? Only on 2d sonar.
Sensitivity? Only on 2d sonar.
Surface clarity? Only on 2d sonar.
Color palette? Yeah ok, 2d and LSS.
Oh wait, contrast? Yeah that must be what you guys are changing.

roflmao

I sure don't see you guys in the general equipment page helping other Lowrance users out with your infinite knowledge. hmmm Heck, you 2 gurus didn't even share your settings with these other guys, might be because you don't really know them though I suppose.
to bad you can change all that in SI and DI and Sonar, the only thing that is set in auto is range and you set the range from ? To ?. It's not what I think I can change I do change it.

Re: LOWRANCE HELP - 02/19/16 03:26 AM

You show me a menu to change the scroll speed of SI/DI and show me a sensitivity setting on SI/DI and I'll send you $500. You can change nothing because you know nothing about your graph. Now if you had a Humminbird then yes, you can change those items. Not so on a Lowrance.

Oh forget about it, not worth arguing with someone about. Tell me your thoughts on chirp and what transducer you feel would be superior to use, to get the best chirp available? What frequencies do you find to be the most beneficial while using chirp?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum