Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing license for Toledo Bend

Posted By: Nick From Minnesota

Fishing license for Toledo Bend - 02/12/16 03:01 PM

My family and I are looking to come down to Toledo Bend next year and I was wondering if I need an out of state fishing license for both Texas and Louisiana. Anyone know?
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Fishing license for Toledo Bend - 02/12/16 03:04 PM

Either Texas or Louisiana should work. Check for exceptions to LA licensing requirements to see if you qualify.
Posted By: Jkrez

Re: Fishing license for Toledo Bend - 02/12/16 03:13 PM

They're reciprocal. If you have a LA or TX fishing license, you'll be legal. And this doesn't matter which side of the lake you launch from like I've heard others say.
Posted By: nwest10

Re: Fishing license for Toledo Bend - 02/12/16 03:17 PM

As long as you are in a boat. If you fish from the bank in LA and you are from Texas ( or anywhere else ) you need a LA license. If you are floating in a boat you are legal with either.
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Fishing license for Toledo Bend - 02/12/16 05:08 PM

Originally Posted By: nwest10
As long as you are in a boat. If you fish from the bank in LA and you are from Texas ( or anywhere else ) you need a LA license. If you are floating in a boat you are legal with either.

Yeah, this one! Stay in your boat... My note about exemptions only apply to the reciprocity agreement for LA and TX residents. So get a temp LA or TX depending on where you plan to stay or what is convenient!
Posted By: Texascajun69

Re: Fishing license for Toledo Bend - 02/12/16 09:44 PM

You can fish anywhere on the lake with either states license. But I do believe the statement about bank fishing is correct.
Posted By: Crick

Re: Fishing license for Toledo Bend - 07/08/20 04:45 PM

I live in Alexandria La. and need a texas fishing licenses for Sam Rayburn where is the nearest place near to the Dam can i purchase one.
Posted By: bassmanrudy

Re: Fishing license for Toledo Bend - 07/08/20 05:19 PM

^^ There are 3 tackle stores in a half mile stretch of road that spans the dam- Tackle Addict, Tackle Monkey and Need More Tackle that all should have licenses for sale.
Posted By: andy52887

Re: Fishing license for Toledo Bend - 07/08/20 05:27 PM

Just order online and they will email you a conformation number. Usually within a week they send the paper copy.
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Fishing license for Toledo Bend - 07/08/20 06:27 PM

I also agree that either license works when fishing from a boat on Toledo Bend. A suggestion would be to get the Texas license to give yourself the option of running over to fish Rayburn for a day if you like. It is very close to Toledo Bend, so you can stay wherever you plan to at Toledo Bend, but trailer over to Rayburn to fish - no need to change your camp base if you don't want to.
Posted By: Rich12

Re: Fishing license for Toledo Bend - 07/08/20 08:20 PM

If you launch from the Texas side, you need a Texas license. If you launch from the La. side, you need a La. license. On the water, either one is fine. Its where your boat ramp is governs the state license you need. If you pull out on a Texas ramp and get checked with a LA. license, you can have a problem etc.
Posted By: Crick

Re: Fishing license for Toledo Bend - 07/08/20 08:44 PM

I cannot order online, i am applying for free lifetime license, i am 72 and 100% disabled Army Vet., i was directed by Texas wildlife to go to the local outlets that sell license and they will process it their with proof of 100% disability. I was looking for the closes store to toledo bend. I was not aware that i could get one free.

Thanks Guys for the help.
Posted By: DCJohnson

Re: Fishing license for Toledo Bend - 07/08/20 10:20 PM

I don't believe it matters where you launch on Toledo Bend. A TX or LA license, even a non resident license, should be good regardless of where on the lake you launch.
Posted By: Flippin-Out

Re: Fishing license for Toledo Bend - 07/08/20 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by DCJohnson
I don't believe it matters where you launch on Toledo Bend. A TX or LA license, even a non resident license, should be good regardless of where on the lake you launch.

A Texas-issued non-resident license IS a Texas license, btw.
Posted By: Igofish2

Re: Fishing license for Toledo Bend - 07/08/20 11:58 PM

A lot depends on if you put a knife to them. If you're staying in LA w/ a TX licence & cut you some fish. You best have a LA tag. Same for the TX side.
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Fishing license for Toledo Bend - 07/09/20 12:32 AM

Only need one or the other they are both recognized on Toledo.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum