Texas Fishing Forum

TTT Rayburn ?

Posted By: Kristopher Douglas.

TTT Rayburn ? - 01/29/16 12:58 AM

I have a buddy trying to register for this tournament online but the website won't let him. Is the field full?
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/29/16 01:11 AM

I don't know, but the Stump is packed!
Posted By: WAWI

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/29/16 02:08 AM

The stump was tasty tonight.
Posted By: Bullet20XrD

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/29/16 03:15 AM

I registered online last night no problem.
Posted By: Dillon Y'Barbo

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/29/16 02:45 PM

I registered Tuesday and said that they already have 220 boats eeks
Posted By: RO519

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/29/16 04:13 PM

They turned the online registration off yesterday at 5:00. I had to call to pre register...
Posted By: B-rader

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/29/16 11:03 PM

The stump was tasty? Next you're going to say it was fast .
Posted By: pil,b

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/30/16 12:16 AM

Buddy just sent me a text and their boat # 58 with 378 entries and no trailering. woot
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/30/16 12:54 AM

Heck of a turnout. Hope everyone has a lot of fun and a lot of fish are caught. Looking forward to hearing the results.
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/30/16 12:55 AM

I like my take off in the 6th flight and don't have to be back till 415. Was 348 teams when we registered today but that was at like 315
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/30/16 01:00 AM

Originally Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad
I like my take off in the 6th flight and don't have to be back till 415. Was 348 teams when we registered today but that was at like 315

Go get em bud! Good luck thumb
Posted By: WAWI

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/30/16 01:32 AM

Some how we got 344. It's hard to get a number that bad.
Posted By: CDubSmith2

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/30/16 01:45 AM

What time would you guys suggest we get there if we're in the first flight? Does anyone know if we still need to pay to park? Any other helpful tips and suggestions for 1st timers?
Posted By: Nutman

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/30/16 01:47 AM

I might have to come watch this.
or go to Toledo Bend,,,,,,might be pretty open there.
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/30/16 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By: CDubSmith2
What time would you guys suggest we get there if we're in the first flight? Does anyone know if we still need to pay to park? Any other helpful tips and suggestions for 1st timers?
Early and yes you should pay to launch Im sure most dont.

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/30/16 02:24 AM

Early narrows it down

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/30/16 02:27 AM

Originally Posted By: lamoon78

You would think not paying a required boat launch fee would be considered not following all local laws and regulations and jepoardize a polygraph result.
Posted By: WillieKetchum

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/30/16 03:02 AM

Early narrows it down

We are boat 68. We will be at the ramp around 5:15 to eliminate any hassle. That's a little early, but I'm the guy that can sit in the boat on the morning of a tournament for hours and stare at the stars.

Yes you do still have to pay to launch. I believe it's $4. At th public ramp beside Umphreys the box is on the right after you go thru the first parking and past the left hand turn to cut thru to Umphreys.
Posted By: Crawl

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/30/16 03:08 AM

Good luck to everyone tomorrow and be safe.

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/30/16 03:44 AM

wow, really 300+ teams? seemed like it on the water today. I spent last 2 days practicing, yesterday was nice had lake to myself, today I never saw less than 3 boats around.

will be interesting to see the results! I was mainly marking trails and checking waypoints, little fishing I did was tough! I only saw one fish caught today and it was a dink, that's 9 hours with 3+ boats all around me. I caught one yesterday on a spot, today 3 pm after not catching anything went back to that same spot and caught a bigger one. Not sure how I would do if just soaked that same spot all day, it was a large offshore spot.

my prediction some always gets the kickers for 25+ pounds, but there will be a bunch of teams short of limits.
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/30/16 04:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Rob Lay
wow, really 300+ teams? seemed like it on the water today. I spent last 2 days practicing, yesterday was nice had lake to myself, today I never saw less than 3 boats around.

will be interesting to see the results! I was mainly marking trails and checking waypoints, little fishing I did was tough! I only saw one fish caught today and it was a dink, that's 9 hours with 3+ boats all around me. I caught one yesterday on a spot, today 3 pm after not catching anything went back to that same spot and caught a bigger one. Not sure how I would do if just soaked that same spot all day, it was a large offshore spot.

my prediction some always gets the kickers for 25+ pounds, but there will be a bunch of teams short of limits.

No need to show up to fish tomorrow. Thursday was not a practice day. That's why no one was on the water besides us locals not fishing ttt.

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/30/16 04:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo
No need to show up to fish tomorrow. Thursday was not a practice day. That's why no one was on the water besides us locals not fishing ttt.

no [censored], I was practicing for Costa, I've been back in DFW for an hour. save your stupid comments.
Posted By: Andrew Y'Barbo

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/30/16 04:20 AM

no [censored], I was practicing for Costa, I've been back in DFW for an hour. save your stupid comments.

My apologies sir. Did not consider that tournament. Sorry for the stupidity.

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/30/16 04:24 AM

popcorn

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/30/16 04:29 AM

My apologies sir. Did not consider that tournament. Sorry for the stupidity.

no worries, I was just being nice sharing my experience the last couple days, is there anyone that does a tournament that doesn't read the rules? I guess there must be some.
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/30/16 02:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Mark Perry
Originally Posted By: lamoon78

You would think not paying a required boat launch fee would be considered not following all local laws and regulations and jepoardize a polygraph result.

If that were the case better make sure you don't speed on the way there or break any other laws. I doubt parking has anything to do with the rules of the tournament. If it does it would be mentioned in the rules. Either way, ya pay for parking!

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/30/16 02:49 PM

Yesterday at Boykin they ran out of envelopes early. There were 10 of us standing around. Some just walked away, some wrapped money up in paper, and I just threw $3 cash in taking a picture as proof. They left an envelope with my info on it to send in $3 again, sure I will get a ticket if I don't. Thinking back I think putting $3 in paper with your info is the best thing, but those people might have still received the envelope and future ticket as they didn't have the official envelope tab in window.

If the park doesn't have enough envelopes I think responsibility should be on them and not the anglers trying to figure out a work around.

Posted By: Neal G

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/30/16 04:41 PM

This is a frequent problem at Boykin. Some of us (me) may be contributing to the problem because I will get a few when there are some at the box because many times there are not any. BUT is wasn't me this week.
Posted By: Big Kev

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/30/16 06:13 PM

I had the same problem back in October. I wrote all of my pertinent info on a piece of paper and wrapped up the money in it. When I got back to the ramp that evening I had an envelope on my wind shield telling me to pay. I wrote a note on it and placed more money in it. I doubt they even read the note and not sure who to call to question it. I thought it was an isolated problem but sounds like it happens a lot. I quit using that ramp and will probably not use it again. Not because I have a problem with paying six bucks vs three I just do not want to risk getting a ticket for not paying the launch fee when I did. Just my opinion.

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/30/16 07:02 PM

Originally Posted By: Big Kev
I had the same problem back in October. I wrote all of my pertinent info on a piece of paper and wrapped up the money in it. When I got back to the ramp that evening I had an envelope on my wind shield telling me to pay. I wrote a note on it and placed more money in it. I doubt they even read the note and not sure who to call to question it. I thought it was an isolated problem but sounds like it happens a lot. I quit using that ramp and will probably not use it again. Not because I have a problem with paying six bucks vs three I just do not want to risk getting a ticket for not paying the launch fee when I did. Just my opinion.

I agree with you and that proves you can't get around it whether you just drop cash in box or you actually take time to write all info on paper, they still take your tag and give you envelope!
Posted By: forkduc

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/30/16 08:45 PM

If you had said that in your post,no one would have questioned it.

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/30/16 11:43 PM

Any word on results?

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/30/16 11:59 PM

Any word on results?

All I've heard Kris Wilson second again.

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/31/16 12:00 AM

From TTT:
Congrats to Blake Schroeder and Easton Heigley on winning a Triton 189TRX with a 150 HP Mercury!!
Posted By: WillieKetchum

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/31/16 12:22 AM

Posted By: the skipper

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/31/16 12:51 AM

I'm honestly suprised it didn't take over 30.

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/31/16 12:57 AM

Originally Posted By: the skipper

It was tough out there, but a 13 pounder like Rennquiest caught would get you there.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/31/16 02:18 AM

It was tough out there, but a 13 pounder like Rennquiest caught would get you there.

That was a toad Packman showed me a pic of it Friday evening. Rob I believe I spoke with u at castle Boykin Friday while u were getting boat prepped for launch. Good luck in costa tournament
Posted By: slim 285

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/31/16 04:30 AM

Big fish Rosenquist
Posted By: SRitchey

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/31/16 04:51 AM

Results
Posted By: RodBreaker CWill

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/31/16 05:00 AM

My dad and uncle got 51st. Barely drew a check but he said my uncle had one every bit of 9 come off at the boat. OUCH
Posted By: Skeeter man ZX225

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/31/16 11:24 AM

352 entries, 106 zeroes, and 52 paid places. last paying spot was 16.12 lbs and first place was 27.06 lbs. There were 16 sacks over 20 lbs.
Posted By: Kristopher Douglas.

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/31/16 01:40 PM

Rayburn's in great shape

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/31/16 02:30 PM

I was impressed by the number of limits, we had a tough day catching keepers, caught 8 fish in 20-25ft only 3 were keepers and had to finish off the limit flipping buck brush and running crankbaits on points. Culled a couple times, just never found the good ones. I had a great time on Rayburn for the first time down there. Also ttt did a great job with the take off and weight in with the number of boats. See you guys next month at Toledo.

Also we took the cheap way out and tent camped with the great weather I think I made the trip even better, had a nice camp site and view!

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/31/16 02:58 PM

I was impressed by the number of limits, we had a tough day catching keepers, caught 8 fish in 20-25ft only 3 were keepers and had to finish off the limit flipping buck brush and running crankbaits on points. Culled a couple times, just never found the good ones. I had a great time on Rayburn for the first time down there. Also ttt did a great job with the take off and weight in with the number of boats. See you guys next month at Toledo.

Also we took the cheap way out and tent camped with the great weather I think I made the trip even better, had a nice camp site and view!

eeks WOW, that looks like the definition of a good time right there Brad. Beautiful. You and Beatty fishing TTT?

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/31/16 03:20 PM

Not the cheap way - it was the best way with a million dollar view.
Posted By: B-rader

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/31/16 03:53 PM

I know one thing, when you're fishing with 400 boats and you only see 5 boats all day , you're in the wrong part of the lake.

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/31/16 04:03 PM

Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)
That was a toad Packman showed me a pic of it Friday evening. Rob I believe I spoke with u at castle Boykin Friday while u were getting boat prepped for launch. Good luck in costa tournament

thanks! good job in the tourney.

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/31/16 04:04 PM

Easy to hide 400 boat on 110k acre lake, but I would agree we didn't see many boats either so we were probably in the wrong area aswell. Regardless my partner and I set a goal of catching a limit and we did so it was a good trip for us. Only spent 4 hours prefishing and didn't figure anything out then and never figured them out in the tournament.

Mr. Franks I'm fishing with one of my buddies that lives right down the street he is on here as wcgunns, our schedules work out great to fish together during the week and he helps me a lot with building up baits and we swap work for finished baits. He probably has a better selection of my baits than I do.

Michael is fishing champs I believe and he will do very well on those tournaments.

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/31/16 04:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Neal G
Not the cheap way - it was the best way with a million dollar view.

It was a great view and a really nice park, we stayed at twin dikes and the manager said that campsite had the best view of the lake also could have pulled the boat on the bank if we needed to get back to camp and was very protected from a north wind. If we fish next year at Sam rayburn we will sure be staying in the same spot.

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/31/16 04:07 PM

my guess even teams in the Top 10 didn't have a high numbers day. everyone I have talked with were in range of 5-10 keeper bites at best.
Posted By: Barrett

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/31/16 04:08 PM

Fun tournament and a lot of boats. We were in the crowds and it was kinda like a take a number thing. We found a ledge that had some fish on it and never left. Don't really have spots on that lake so we just sat on the same spot for 5 hours. Was def a grind and very tough fishing for us and most.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/31/16 04:50 PM

Rayburn is always a great tournament I have had some terrible tournaments out there over the past 5 years and it sure felt good to get a solid sack finally during a tournament. Got to meet Brad after weigh in and let me tell you his skeeter is CLEAN probably best looking older skeeter I have seen puts mine to shame and they are probably the same year.
Posted By: champ 198

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/31/16 06:32 PM

Don't feel bad fellas,Rayburn can be tough at times.I see some of the best,had tough day.

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/31/16 06:39 PM

6 bites all day but 5 in the well.
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/31/16 09:34 PM

I grew up taking trips there with my dad and we did it just like that! Good luck at Toledo brother!

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/31/16 10:25 PM

Easy to hide 400 boat on 110k acre lake, but I would agree we didn't see many boats either so we were probably in the wrong area aswell. Regardless my partner and I set a goal of catching a limit and we did so it was a good trip for us. Only spent 4 hours prefishing and didn't figure anything out then and never figured them out in the tournament.

Mr. Franks I'm fishing with one of my buddies that lives right down the street he is on here as wcgunns, our schedules work out great to fish together during the week and he helps me a lot with building up baits and we swap work for finished baits. He probably has a better selection of my baits than I do.

Michael is fishing champs I believe and he will do very well on those tournaments.

thumb
Posted By: pinesjunkie

Re: TTT Rayburn ? - 01/31/16 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Brad Hardt
I know one thing, when you're fishing with 400 boats and you only see 5 boats all day , you're in the wrong part of the lake.

Not to sure about that I think we had 4 boats all day around us we never had a shot at the win but should have had 20 instead of 17.10 but we cash a check at 34th
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum