Texas Fishing Forum

First SAL of the season

Posted By: Douglas J

First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 02:42 PM

Per Jackon Hill Park and Marina's facebook post,

"Big Sam Rayburn Roars with the States first Sharelunker recorded for the new season. Congratulations Roy Euper of Lufkin on this 13.20 lb beauty caught near Jackson Hill"
Posted By: Karl Dietz

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 02:56 PM

Awesome!

I hope they have better luck keeping them alive this year!
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 04:42 PM

Same thought! Beautiful fish! Hope it survives!
Posted By: musiclife_7

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 04:46 PM

Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 05:13 PM

Nice Congrats
Posted By: ddmm

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 05:24 PM

awesome fish!
Posted By: David Burton

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 05:58 PM

Interesting, didn't get the text alert. They were testing it, I guess they didn't get it fixed. I'll have to dig on Facebook!

Someone from TPWD is watching, just got the alert!
Posted By: JSpeckETx

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 06:08 PM

Originally Posted By: Karl Dietz
Awesome!

I hope they have better luck keeping them alive this year!

Especially when it came from 30ft deep!
Posted By: timwins31

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 06:28 PM

Yea says he caught it in 30fow on a crankbait. . .
Posted By: Jpurdue

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 06:31 PM

I'd be very surprised if the fish was actually hooked at 30 feet with a crankbait. Trolling a 6XD with 12lb line I can tick bottom at 21 feet. With a 10XD maybe a hair over 25. I know there are modifications and different techniques that can be used to get a few cranks down that deep, but if that is really what happened this guy was fishing where few have fished before. In any case I'm excited to hear more details, and congrats on an awesome fish!
Posted By: Rudy Lackey

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 06:41 PM

She is a beauty .

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 06:50 PM

Long lining a 6XD I've seen them dig mud in 21-24 feet of water on 12 lb big game.

This is with 150-165 yards of line out. I think 30 feet is do able with the jumbo crank baits
Posted By: BlaiseWeimer

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 06:58 PM

Keith Combs says he can long line a 6xd and get it 30 feet and with a 10xd he can get it 40.

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 07:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Jpurdue
I'd be very surprised if the fish was actually hooked at 30 feet with a crankbait. Trolling a 6XD with 12lb line I can tick bottom at 21 feet. With a 10XD maybe a hair over 25. I know there are modifications and different techniques that can be used to get a few cranks down that deep, but if that is really what happened this guy was fishing where few have fished before. In any case I'm excited to hear more details, and congrats on an awesome fish!

A Manns 30+ will hit 30 feet out of the box, so will one of the Luhr Jensen cranks, can't remember the name.

And just because the fish was caught in 30fow doesn't mean it was sitting on bottom. . .it could have been on a 6XD if the fish was suspended. . .
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 07:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Doug R.
Long lining a 6XD I've seen them dig mud in 21-24 feet of water on 12 lb big game.

This is with 150-165 yards of line out. I think 30 feet is do able with the jumbo crank baits

I get 25+ with a 6XD long line with braid... its easy.

Anyways what a fish!! AWESOME!
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 07:40 PM

I bet he was sitting in 30 not cranking 30...
Posted By: MagFluker

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 07:54 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta

+1

And great fish, congrats to the angler.
Posted By: Walls

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 08:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta

This^. If, in fact he wasn't in six fow in the Canyons or Deerstand and just didn't tell the truth....I wouldn't. You?
Awesome fish no matter where caught. Congrats to the fella.
Posted By: patriot07

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 08:00 PM

Nice fish. Congrats to the angler!
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 08:16 PM

Congrats, sure hope the fish survives. Wished she would have just gone back right away to spawn in big Sam this year instead of a maybe in a tank.
Posted By: fishinman

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 08:18 PM

Congrats on the catch!
Posted By: Rhino68W

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 08:24 PM

That is a hoss!!! cheers
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 10:14 PM

Excellent fish. Congrats. to Mr. Euper.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 10:22 PM

Originally Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell
Congrats, sure hope the fish survives. Wished she would have just gone back right away to spawn in big Sam this year instead of a maybe in a tank.

And here it goes again... What's wrong with just congratulating the angler, and not spinning it with personal agenda. It's his choice to make with what he does with it.
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 10:59 PM

I'm thinking Fork will have one soon this month...
Posted By: Leever

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 11:00 PM

He gone!
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 11:19 PM

Here she is.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 11:33 PM

Wasn't on a deep crank....... Would bet my boat on it hahaha
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/03/15 11:48 PM

Why would it not have been if that's what the man said he caught it on yall just jealous cause you can't catch one.
Posted By: Dr JL

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/04/15 12:06 AM

Funny how the big bass start appearing about the same time every year, not the same dates but just when they start being caught.
Congrats to the angler!
Posted By: Chasin Hogs

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/04/15 12:11 AM

Man he looks thrilled.
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/04/15 12:35 AM

Beautiful fish. Congrats!
Posted By: Slade

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/04/15 12:37 AM

Congrats! I may never catch one but that's what I keep dreaming of!
Posted By: SpiderJig

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/04/15 03:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Fish Killer

And here it goes again... What's wrong with just congratulating the angler, and not spinning it with personal agenda. It's his choice to make with what he does with it.
Most these guys are just jealous they've never caught a DD, much less a Lunker. Congrats on an amazing fish
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/04/15 03:38 AM

Awesome fish - let the ShareLunkin' Games begin.

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/04/15 03:59 AM

Originally Posted By: SpiderJig

Most these guys are just jealous they've never caught a DD, much less a Lunker. Congrats on an amazing fish

Lol. I think Marc has caught a few DDs in his life.

I congratulate the guy who caught her, but I agree with Marc. Too bad they didn't just release her and keep the genes in the gene pool. Obviously it's his fish to do what he wants with, no one is debating that. This is also an open forum, where people give their opinions on issues. If you can't handle reading an opinion you don't agree with, this probably isn't the place for you.

Plus, with the multiple fish that died last season, how could you not be apprehensive? Seems like a natural reaction to me.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/04/15 04:02 AM

Nice fish! Congratulations to the angler! cheers

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/04/15 04:03 AM

Originally Posted By: timwins31

I congratulate the guy who caught her, but I agree with Marc. Too bad they didn't just release her and keep the genes in the gene pool. Obviously it's his fish to do what he wants with, no one is debating that. This is also an open forum, where people give their opinions on issues. If you can't handle reading an opinion you don't agree with, this probably isn't the place for you.

Plus, with the multiple fish that died last season, how could you not be apprehensive? Seems like a natural reaction to me.
Key word- most
Posted By: Dubee

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/04/15 04:03 AM

Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Do you own a boat to bet, or still using daddy's?
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/04/15 04:07 AM

Man that's a nice fish! I sure hope I get a DD someday.

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/04/15 04:07 AM

Key word- most

Yet you were clearly quoting one person. At least be a man and stand behind your statement.
Posted By: WillieKetchum

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/04/15 04:12 AM

Originally Posted By: Dubee

Do you own a boat to bet, or still using daddy's?

Haha!! Classic.

Why would anyone even think the guy lied about it? You think since he told us the truth, that he caught her in 30' on a crankbait, that it's really giving away a secret?

After my day there on Sunday, I wholeheartedly believe the man.

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/04/15 04:13 AM

Sorry I'm not going to look up every post to quote. This happens on every big fish post. A bunch of jealous guys that have never caught a DD, much less a Lunker. Always talkin [censored]

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/04/15 04:14 AM

Obviously I know Mark has caught a lot, it's right in front of me to see. It's a blanket statement for all the haters.

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/04/15 04:30 AM

What are you saying, it was caught on live bait?

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/04/15 04:37 AM

Sorry I'm not going to look up every post to quote. This happens on every big fish post. A bunch of jealous guys that have never caught a DD, much less a Lunker. Always talkin [censored]

It's unfortunate that you see that statement as talking [censored]. Sounds like you might have an underlying issue.

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/04/15 04:49 AM

It's unfortunate that you see that statement as talking [censored]. Sounds like you might have an underlying issue.
You win. Your not worth getting sent to the WOS over. Carry on!!

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/04/15 01:02 PM

If it was caught on a crankbait it would only be the 4th fish out of over 500 in the sharelunker program to be caught on a lipped crank. If it was caught at 30 feet, I'd say it's peerless. Impossible? No, of course not. Probable, not in my book. None of this is to take away from a great fish, however it was caught, but extraordinary claims require at little more evidence than internet chatter in my book.
Posted By: Ken A.

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/04/15 01:19 PM

Regardless of how he caught her.

Congrats to the lucky angler!
Posted By: WillieKetchum

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/04/15 01:28 PM

If it was caught on a crankbait it would only be the 4th fish out of over 500 in the sharelunker program to be caught on a lipped crank. If it was caught at 30 feet, I'd say it's peerless. Impossible? No, of course not. Probable, not in my book. None of this is to take away from a great fish, however it was caught, but extraordinary claims require at little more evidence than internet chatter in my book.

The Sharelunker that was caught on Rayburn this past season during Basschamps. I heard that straight out of the guy's mouth.
Posted By: Dubee

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/04/15 01:46 PM

Which 4?

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/04/15 02:12 PM

212 (1995), 292 (1999), and 463 (2009) were the previous fish listed as being caught on cranks.
Posted By: UTDmiller

Re: First SAL of the season - 11/04/15 02:14 PM

haha yall crack me up, that is an awesome fish... Now if only I could ever find one thatll bite
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum