Texas Fishing Forum

El Salto

Posted By: jmo49

El Salto - 09/25/15 11:46 PM

Going to Salto in a couple of weeks, any recent reports

Thanks
Posted By: forkduc

Re: El Salto - 09/27/15 04:58 PM

Check out Ron Speed's website for current info.
Posted By: Tiger Blue Fan

Re: El Salto - 10/01/15 02:51 AM

Just checked out Ron Speed's site, could not find current information. Is there a section of the site that is providing this information?

Thanks,
RM
Posted By: bluebonnet2

Re: El Salto - 10/01/15 11:02 AM

good morning,

check with doug king..............he's on here..

i'm booked for feb with probassadventures............
good luck,
PURA VIDA,
bluebonnet2
Posted By: salex

Re: El Salto - 10/01/15 06:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Tiger Blue Fan
Just checked out Ron Speed's site, could not find current information. Is there a section of the site that is providing this information?

Thanks,
RM

Last Report was June. El Salto Report
Posted By: NoWeighers

Re: El Salto - 10/01/15 09:14 PM

Speed's Camp at El Salto just opening this month.. They do not fish the rainy season on the Pacific coast..

I hear that Salto, Comedero, and Pichahos are full..

Can't wait to get there myself!
Posted By: bluebonnet2

Re: El Salto - 10/02/15 01:23 PM

good morning,

"el salto" ..........100% now.....per doug king....

good luck,
PURA VIDA,
bluebonnet2
Posted By: forkduc

Re: El Salto - 10/02/15 04:06 PM

Doing Salto and Picachos with Speed in mid February on full moon.
Posted By: Doug King

Re: El Salto - 10/02/15 07:23 PM

Hola all,

Call or email me and I'll be happy to give you many details about the current situation and fishing at El Salto & Baccarac.

I'm heading down in a week to get things rolling with our first official group of the season from the Houston area.
El Salto is 104% full as of this morning. We have removed many tons of hyacinth from the lake by "herding" it with thousands of yards of rope, and pushing it over the spillway. Things are looking great. The fish are fat and healthy, and I expect the fishing to be as good or better than last season, if that's possible. Our guides and local friends have been fishing through the rainy season, and we are ready to whack 'em in this month.

Give me a shout or email me anytime for the latest, no BS info.

Best regards,
Posted By: jmo49

Re: El Salto - 10/03/15 01:18 AM

I must be in the first group, we are heading down on the 12th, ready to go, looking forward to it
Posted By: Doug King

Re: El Salto - 10/03/15 03:26 PM

See you at the lake on the 12th Jerry. We are gonna have some fun at the lake amigo. El Salto is 103.6% full this morning, with some more rain this weekend.
Then, it looks like the rainy season is over after this weekend, as it normally is by 10/10.
Temps will be warm 70-90 degree range, with 50-60% humidity. New moon is 10/12.
Conditions are almost exactly what they were a year ago this same week. We will whack 'em...hopefully on top again.
Ping me if any questions before we go.
hooked
Posted By: Fernando_basser

Re: El Salto - 10/07/15 01:41 PM

Just got back from El Salto! Fished half day on Friday, full days on Sat and Sun. Got rained on all day Sat and Sun. Fishing conditions were tough, as the lake was over 110% full. We still manged to catch a few, but no double digits. Fishing is much better during the dry months. Good luck to all!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum