Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon?

Posted By: SheCrappieKilla

Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/16/15 02:17 PM

The Qualifying Time Trials must have been yesterday, man they flat had them eared back yesterday in the boat lanes.

To the guy in the bright yellow Skeeter, I am glad you were able to get off of that stump. That big cloud of white smoke and high rpm’s had me worried that I wasn’t going to be able to get there fast enough. Also to the gentleman in the New Ranger, it was good to see you finally got your boat on the trailer.

Let the Games Begin!

Stay safe out there this weekend.
Posted By: Bass&More

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/16/15 02:21 PM

roflmao clap peep
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/16/15 02:26 PM

Zoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom,......bang. "Hey Merle what was that,...?" OMG
Posted By: epicoutdoors

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/16/15 02:32 PM

A lawn chair, a Yeti full of cold ones and a shade tree could be a seat at the best comedy club in the state this weekend.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/16/15 03:05 PM

This is the Tourny where I put my shoes on and run the opposite direction as fast as I can bolt
You guys go get all you want!
Posted By: fishmagnet

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/16/15 03:38 PM

Where are the game wardens when you need 'em?...Oh wait, they'll all be at the ramp writing tickets for fish brought to the weigh-in that are 1/16" over. fish hammer
Posted By: RangerBass21

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/16/15 03:40 PM

It's gonna be fun I'm sure I'll be cussing and yelling all 3 days
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/16/15 03:49 PM

Originally Posted By: fishmagnet
Where are the game wardens when you need 'em?...Oh wait, they'll all be at the ramp writing tickets for fish brought to the weigh-in that are 1/16" over. fish hammer

Were the Game Wardens supposed to pull the guy off the stump and load the man's Ranger for him? I just don't get the hate for the Game Wardens at Lake Fork. Reckon' they might have been out doing their jobs and checking teal hunters? Or maybe investigating a felony poaching case? SMDH!

http://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/releases/?req=20150821b&nrtype=all&nrspan=2015&nrsearch=
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/16/15 03:59 PM

Damn, I was out there and personally did not see one issue at all. Everyone was friendly and courteous. Guess it depended on where you were at on the lake.
Posted By: buda13

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/16/15 04:41 PM

You mean your not supposed to run the boat fully trimmed and pinned everywhere you go? I had no idea. eeks
Posted By: T CLIMER

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/16/15 04:52 PM

Fouzman Can you call me tommy Climer (214) 886-7338
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/16/15 05:46 PM

Greatest Show on water
Keep your cool
Grin n Bear it
Smile and have a nice day
cheers
welcome
To my
fish
Posted By: timwins31

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/16/15 05:59 PM

I'll never understand why people go out there during these circus events. . .I'm a gambler, and the chances of winning that money are really poor. Id do better playing online poker, and I won't get killed or put in jail that way. . .
Posted By: Jmsteele

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/16/15 06:43 PM

Honestly, Ive fished this event for the last 5 or 6 years and have only had an issue with one boat and it wasn't worth staying mad about. There are always lots of people but most are courteous. The ramps can be frustrating but I've never been to fork that I didn't see atleast a couple people that couldn't back a boat in. Maybe I've just been lucky. Hope everyone has fun this weekend.
Posted By: kcb

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/16/15 10:10 PM

fouz I will take you at your word regarding the game wardens out there patrolling the lake. I personally fished Fork A LOT from the mid 80's to the mid 90's and some of the stories I heard and witnessed myself are probably what brings out some of the comments going against the wardens. I did not see justification for some of the things that went on back then. I know that they are understaffed and they do have my respect. Did not mean to get off the topic and as evidenced by your link many of these guys do a great job.
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/16/15 10:23 PM

I have fished 3 of these large Big Bass tournaments and have not had any problem with others. Maybe its because I don't move around much, I get to an area and pretty much fish it all day. I pay to put in at private ramps close to the area that I plan to fish.
I have had knuckleheads cut me off and do other rude stuff several times on any given Saturday. But this is not just on Fork, they are everywhere. The thing is I just laugh and go on about my fishing, there's no sense in getting worked up about something like getting cut off.
So, I will be out there again this year doing my own thing and hoping for that first big bass tournament over to tug on my line!
woot
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/16/15 11:21 PM

Originally Posted By: Danny L. Weems
I have fished 3 of these large Big Bass tournaments and have not had any problem with others. Maybe its because I don't move around much, I get to an area and pretty much fish it all day. I pay to put in at private ramps close to the area that I plan to fish.
I have had knuckleheads cut me off and do other rude stuff several times on any given Saturday. But this is not just on Fork, they are everywhere. The thing is I just laugh and go on about my fishing, there's no sense in getting worked up about something like getting cut off.
So, I will be out there again this year doing my own thing and hoping for that first big bass tournament over to tug on my line!
woot

Well said, Danny!!!
Posted By: SheCrappieKilla

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/17/15 12:08 AM

Originally Posted By: fouzman
Originally Posted By: fishmagnet

Were the Game Wardens supposed to pull the guy off the stump and load the man's Ranger for him? I just don't get the hate for the Game Wardens at Lake Fork. Reckon' they might have been out doing their jobs and checking teal hunters? Or maybe investigating a felony poaching case? SMDH!

http://tpwd.texas.gov/newsmedia/releases/?req=20150821b&nrtype=all&nrspan=2015&nrsearch=

Don't get me wrong the guy in the brown Legend boat had me jealous and wishing I had one. It was obvious he knows how to drive.

As far as the game warden, he has checked me at the ramp and it was a pleasure talking with him. He a good dude, knows his job and does it well.

Stay safe.
Posted By: ETXsabre

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/17/15 06:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger1
This is the Tourny where I put my shoes on and run the opposite direction as fast as I can bolt
You guys go get all you want!

This ^^^^^
Posted By: bogey♂

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/17/15 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By: T CLIMER
Fouzman Can you call me tommy Climer (214) 886-7338

That's what I've always called you grin
Posted By: armadillo joe

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/17/15 08:50 PM

I used to fish it but the year I was leaning over the side to get a fish and a guy let his boat drift into mine and I went in the lake. All the guy did was say woops and went on leaving me to get out on my own. When I went in after the tournament I said the rule on how close a boat could get to another needed to be put back in I was told there were too many boats to do that. That was my last time and the next year a real bad thing happened just too many fools out there during this one.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/17/15 09:04 PM

if you are referring to the hurricane event, that was un unfortunate accident.
Posted By: armadillo joe

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/17/15 10:58 PM

No I was talking about the wreck at Mustang.
Posted By: ogles824 (aka Lakewaydr50)

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/20/15 01:05 PM

I made the mistake of showing up on Friday afternoon before the Big Bass Splash a few years back because I was unaware it was going on.......never again.........
Posted By: Mickeyc4

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/21/15 02:56 AM

No doubt the ramps are all entertaining but the ones used predominately by skiers and wake boarders provide the most head shaking.
Posted By: Bobby Milam

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/21/15 09:31 PM

I heard there were over 2500 people there. For that many, it really didn't seem that bad except in the boat lane at the end of the day. When you can only run 30mph, you realize how many people are running those lanes very quickly.
Posted By: stratos1760dv

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/24/15 04:15 AM

Think I may show up with my boat covered and all rods tackle and fish finders in truck back to the edge of the water on the one lane boat ramp and then get the boat ready. When I finally get everything perfect in the boat back it in and get it off the trailer and then put back on the trailer and pull up to just double check the plug is in. Then back in the water get off the trailer do a test run then beach the boat, take a whiz, walk back to truck, then walk back to boat because I forgot keys to truck, back to the truck to park but when I pull up, I pull up just out of water and get out and make sure all lag bolts are tight on bunks and check my lights work. Then park the truck and the ask everyone in line how the fishing has been and if they would if I followed them around because I have never been on the lake.
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Lake Fork Boat Races Coming Soon? - 09/24/15 04:20 AM

Originally Posted By: stratos1760dv-Jeremy
Think I may show up with my boat covered and all rods tackle and fish finders in truck back to the edge of the water on the one lane boat ramp and then get the boat ready. When I finally get everything perfect in the boat back it in and get it off the trailer and then put back on the trailer and pull up to just double check the plug is in. Then back in the water get off the trailer do a test run then beach the boat, take a whiz, walk back to truck, then walk back to boat because I forgot keys to truck, back to the truck to park but when I pull up, I pull up just out of water and get out and make sure all lag bolts are tight on bunks and check my lights work. Then park the truck and the ask everyone in line how the fishing has been and if they would if I followed them around because I have never been on the lake.

how do you really feel?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum