Texas Fishing Forum

Grapevine ramps open?

Posted By: wlgorman

Grapevine ramps open? - 08/29/15 12:02 AM

I know silverlake was open but thought it closed again. Looking for something that we can launch at 4:30 AM.
Posted By: Boo in FW

Re: Grapevine ramps open? - 08/29/15 01:32 AM

I just read on COE site that Katies Woods is open but with "very limited parking". I'm sure they mean the high water ramp only.
Posted By: JoshMan734

Re: Grapevine ramps open? - 08/29/15 03:26 PM

Yes the High Water ramp is open with very limited parking! Better get there really early and expect a mad house when trying to leave anytime after 10am! Should be just a couple weeks before it drops low enough for a few other ramps to open! Any of the Flower Mound side guys know how Twin is looking... When it might open up?
Posted By: Hard Rain

Re: Grapevine ramps open? - 08/29/15 03:37 PM

According to the Flower Mound website Twin Coves Park will not reopen until fall of 2016 as they are going to make some major renovations along with all the needed repairs.

I think the Murrel high water ramp should be open maybe even this weekend if I have chance I will drive out and check. I did call the COE office yesterday but the lady I spoke with was about as non-committal as possible.
Posted By: danceswithbass

Re: Grapevine ramps open? - 08/30/15 01:18 PM

Drove by Murrell last week and took this pic. Guessing maybe two or three more weeks as lake is dropping about 9 ft a month right now?

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum