Texas Fishing Forum

B.A.S.S. and no nets

Posted By: slim 285

B.A.S.S. and no nets - 06/19/15 02:40 AM

I read where the Opens are going to the no net rule. What is the benefit or reason of not using nets. I think I would rather see them netted than flopping all over the floor.
Posted By: Acts 4-11-12

Re: B.A.S.S. and no nets - 06/19/15 02:46 AM

I have fished some co angler opens and netting the pros fish and him netting yours help the interaction between the pro and co angler now your just competing against each other and that's about it. I liked the net, bring back the net lol
Posted By: Kicker16

Re: B.A.S.S. and no nets - 06/19/15 03:32 AM

I'd like to catch one big enough to tell somebody to get the net.
Posted By: John Anderson

Re: B.A.S.S. and no nets - 06/19/15 09:08 AM

I prefer no net in boater / coangler events.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: B.A.S.S. and no nets - 06/19/15 01:43 PM

Originally Posted By: John Anderson
I prefer no net in boater / coangler events.
me too. But, then again, I don't even own a net for my regular fishing. Figure if I hooked the fish, i should be able to land it. If I didn't land it without out help, I didn't catch it.
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: B.A.S.S. and no nets - 06/19/15 02:04 PM

BASS likes to see boat flipped fish flopping around on the floor during a hot summer day.
Posted By: Rob Lay

Re: B.A.S.S. and no nets - 06/19/15 02:33 PM

no net is more of a challenge and sporting. I don't mind either way.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: B.A.S.S. and no nets - 06/19/15 02:42 PM

No net rule doesn't bother met till, jerkbait time of the year. I can't get far away from those hooks.
Posted By: Anchorman

Re: B.A.S.S. and no nets - 06/19/15 02:44 PM

I prefer the net myself. Its easier on the fish and the angler...especially when there's treble hooks involved.
Posted By: Trickster

Re: B.A.S.S. and no nets - 06/19/15 02:52 PM

Nets are a bass's best friend

Re: B.A.S.S. and no nets - 06/19/15 02:59 PM

Originally Posted By: Trickster

Let me get this straight....

You tie on the sharpest hook. Throw it out concealed within a plastic bait. A unknowing bass takes the bait. You "GORILLA HOOKSET" the bass, driving the hook through the bait and into its skull. Then want to gently land the damn thing, as not to cause permanent injury????

thats rich.
Posted By: Outdoordude

Re: B.A.S.S. and no nets - 06/19/15 03:12 PM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

You tie on the sharpest hook. Throw it out concealed within a plastic bait. A unknowing bass takes the bait. You "GORILLA HOOKSET" the bass, driving the hook through the bait and into its skull. Then want to gently land the damn thing, as not to cause permanent injury????

thats rich.

The little hook wound is nothing compared to rubbing off the mucosal layer. That is the bulk of their immune system. But, every time I point that out I get called a tree-hugger so apparently few people here are interested in facts that might inconvenience their fish landing.
Posted By: John Anderson

Re: B.A.S.S. and no nets - 06/19/15 03:19 PM

Fish can be landed without dropping them in the floor of the boat. Accidents happen but flipping in the boat and dropping your rod like you just won the lottery usually is not an accident.

No net...
Posted By: Alex Finch

Re: B.A.S.S. and no nets - 06/19/15 06:42 PM

No offense, but this is old news. We haven't been allowed to use nets or A-Rigs in the Opens all year long.
Posted By: buda13

Re: B.A.S.S. and no nets - 06/19/15 07:21 PM

Real fishermen lip their fish anyway.... bolt

Re: B.A.S.S. and no nets - 06/19/15 08:02 PM

I
Originally Posted By: Outdoordude

thats rich.

The little hook wound is nothing compared to rubbing off the mucosal layer. That is the bulk of their immune system. But, every time I point that out I get called a tree-hugger so apparently few people here are interested in facts that might inconvenience their fish landing.
Originally Posted By: Outdoordude

thats rich.

I fully understand. Don't get me wrong.

I'm mearly pointing out the irony.

"sorry little green fish for poking your eye out, but hey!!! I netted you so at least your immune system will let the gapping hole heal." (Maybe) haha.
Posted By: TxBazzn

Re: B.A.S.S. and no nets - 06/19/15 08:55 PM

2 problem's with the nets

1) Guys get these 8 foot one's and land fish they would've never been able to even boat flip let alone lip.
2) When a co-angler or boating partner misses it or the fish gets off the other guy blames it all on the netter and drama ensues.

**2a) I'm terrible at netting my own fish. haha

Put a length restriction on it and make it illegal to net others fish in the opens and I could go for it.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum