Texas Fishing Forum

Boating Safety

Posted By: Tundra/Tyler

Boating Safety - 05/13/15 04:41 PM

With all the big tourneys coming up at Fork everyone please be safe and know the general boating rules. A couple just died in a boating accident in Viginia. If anyone can post the Wired to Fish general Boaters guide, please put the link up. When in doubt just SLOW down trust yourself and not others. I've hit a jet skier before and he's lucky he's not dead. No joking matter. Be safe everyone.
Posted By: steve Mbass

Re: Boating Safety - 05/13/15 04:47 PM

+1
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Boating Safety - 05/13/15 06:31 PM

+1 Texas needs to have a mandatory boaters class and license as some other states have.
Posted By: Okhissa2

Re: Boating Safety - 05/13/15 06:51 PM

Yes be safe. It will be Crazy on Toledo Bend this weekend with that Big of event and that place is bad enough keeping up with the buoys , not counting 5000 boats running around trying to win a Truck/Boat combo. Be careful out there
Posted By: Tundra/Tyler

Re: Boating Safety - 05/14/15 10:59 AM

I just want people to be aware. I know how quick things can happen. Everyone be safe on the drive in all this nasty weather and be safe in your time on the water. Things can happen fast on the water when going 60+ mph. Especially going head on.
Posted By: FMJshooter

Re: Boating Safety - 05/14/15 11:22 AM

Originally Posted By: lamoon78
+1 Texas needs to have a mandatory boaters class and license as some other states have.

Makes no difference I've boated in states with boater license laws and they still drive like azzholes.
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Boating Safety - 05/14/15 12:31 PM

Originally Posted By: FMJshooter
[quote=lamoon78]+1 Texas needs to have a mandatory boaters class and license as some other states have.

Makes no difference I've boated in states with boater license laws and they still drive like azzholes.[/quote) It would if it was done right in a class room and not online were people couldnt cheat the test is actually a little difficult for the average person.
Posted By: ShoogerBooger

Re: Boating Safety - 05/14/15 12:55 PM

Originally Posted By: Okhissa2
Yes be safe. It will be Crazy on Toledo Bend this weekend with that Big of event and that place is bad enough keeping up with the buoys , not counting 5000 boats running around trying to win a Truck/Boat combo. Be careful out there

Can you please explain to us how there will be 5000 boats on Toledo this weekend?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum