Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14

Posted By: Nutman

Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/14/15 11:07 PM

Anybody catch any fish ?
we didn't ---- creeks and coves we fished were awfully muddy.
clearer water down south at the dam did not produce for us either.
saw lots of boats but never saw a fish boated at all.
??????????????????
Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/14/15 11:23 PM

I didn't get a bite but 9 out of the 12-13 that fished our club tourney caught fish.
I only saw one small fish caught early this morning.
Posted By: Texbird

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 12:01 AM

I boated 5...biggest was a little over 4 pounds. All on the south end of the lake. Was on the water from 12 - 4:30
Posted By: Bass98

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 12:07 AM

Slow for us, didn't catch any, but I haven't been on fish all week anywhere. I think I'm in a slump lol. I did hear that the people catching them and the guides are using certain jerk baits and rogues. But fish being caught were few and far between. I tried to find some rogues this morning at LFM but they were out.
Posted By: hanson3708

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 12:18 AM

I was there the 14th, we threw a rig jerk baits ,rattle traps. My guide caught 1 on a jerkbait . That wasy first time on fork ,I'll be back.
Posted By: BassColonel

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 12:36 AM

I caught 3 small fish within about 20 minutes of getting on the water early this morning in 2-3 ft on a secondary point with a senko type bait. I caught one slightly over 4lbs off a main lake point around 10:00 am on a jerk bait. Off the water at 11:00 am. Water temps ranged from 48-51 degrees.
Posted By: Alex K.

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 12:41 AM

Had a fun day out there today. Caught a few fish, biggest being 7lbs. Up north was pretty dirty, but didn't see any bad floaters.
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 01:57 AM

No bites. Tomorrow will be better.
Posted By: DKennimer

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 02:22 AM

I didn't make it down today. Hoping to get on the water tomorrow.
Posted By: LakeForkLodge

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 02:42 AM

Cold, muddy water. They're not going to bite under those conditions. This week's weather should help.
Posted By: GUER03

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 03:06 AM

We fished with guide Eric Wright and my 9yr old son caught a 8.90lbr today. After the guided trip I took the family to a bridge that we fished under off the bank and he also caught a 6.5lbr. This is or firsttip here to Fork but we are already coming bck in 2-3 weeks

I'd post the pics but I'm on my phone so I can't upload them. Maybe Eric will post them soon
Posted By: Fork-LegendV21

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 03:07 AM

It's tough... But if you get bit in a spot... Just stick around in that area and slow way down cuz they might be stacked in a little spot..keep mixing it up.... Muddy water doesn't help much either

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 03:09 AM

They also might be sick of seeing A rigs fly by their face... bolt
Posted By: bmartin

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 03:15 AM

This was only my second time on the lake but we didn't get a bite all day. Staying at Mustang tonight and going to give it another try tomorrow. Good luck to everyone

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 04:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Alex K.
didn't see any bad floaters.

We saw alot of small sticks and things floating, only bad floater we saw was in the main boat lane, it was where the lane makes a ninety degree turn heading up the east side, coming from the west side. Pretty easy to see though.

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 04:10 AM

Best part about today was that even though the fishing was slow for most, everyone was just happy to see the water back up. It's still got a good bit to go, but it's looking like rain in the forecast possibly this weekend, and possible thunderstorms on Wednesday. The ground is soaked so it should all run off.
Posted By: mwbmod74

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 04:34 AM

Originally Posted By: GUER03
We fished with guide Eric Wright and my 9yr old son caught a 8.90lbr today. He also caught a 6.5lbr using shiners under a bridge. This is or firsttip here to Fork but we are already coming bck in 2-3 weeks

I'd post the pics but I'm on my phone so I can't upload them. Maybe Eric will post them soon

Eric is a good guide and a even better fella!!
Posted By: Evan O'Brien

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 04:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Bass98
Best part about today was that even though the fishing was slow for most, everyone was just happy to see the water back up. It's still got a good bit to go, but it's looking like rain in the forecast possibly this weekend, and possible thunderstorms on Wednesday. The ground is soaked so it should all run off.

Well said. thumb

Slow overall is the word on the street... I heard of some fish caught, but nothing extravagant. Mikey may or may not have been one of handful catching them today. All I have to say is that right now I'm glad he's my Mega Bass partner next weekend... Well as long as he starts shaking off those big slots and starts catching some 3lb - 15&7/8" unders!
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 05:18 AM

I saw some big fish(slots)on F/B from RMAX and Curtis they fished the Castaways bass club today... Nice ones over 8+ biggest with several 7's... But that's to be exspected from them. Nice job guys..! thumb
Posted By: RangerBass21

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 06:09 AM

How is he your partner for next weekend, if you guided within 30 days of the tournament you can't qualify for entry huh
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 12:50 PM

We caught Ten. Two unders.

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Evan O'Brien
Originally Posted By: Bass98

Well said. thumb

Slow overall is the word on the street... I heard of some fish caught, but nothing extravagant. Mikey may or may not have been one of handful catching them today. All I have to say is that right now I'm glad he's my Mega Bass partner next weekend... Well as long as he starts shaking off those big slots and starts catching some 3lb - 15&7/8" unders!

Thanks bud... I hope we can just stay on them
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 05:35 PM

Sunday was much better......
Magee, Johnson Lake & the Oil Well all produced good unders and a nice over.
The Minniw Bucket still has some gold Rogues as of this morning
Posted By: manhunter

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 05:52 PM

My son and I fished Running Creek and it was muddy. Moved to Glade not much better. Went into Long Branch and boated 2. Both 4 pound slot fish. My son got broken off on a t rig Senko and I had one come unbuttoned on a spinnerbait. We were around a lot of boats all day and didn't see another fish caught. Lots of debris in the water made for reduced casts picking leaves, grass and the like off of our baits all day. It's about to bust loose next week.
Posted By: Fishing14CW

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 06:24 PM

My dad and I didn't have much luck either but my dad did catch this good one Friday evening.
Posted By: lakeforkfishon

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 06:26 PM

Originally Posted By: GUER03
We fished with guide Eric Wright and my 9yr old son caught a 8.90lbr today. He also caught a 6.5lbr using shiners under a bridge. This is or firsttip here to Fork but we are already coming bck in 2-3 weeks

Live Bait will always produce... banana
Posted By: mikemtx

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 06:29 PM

Brother and I went Friday. It rained all day. I got skunked, brother caught 2 5 # in Long Branch on a red eye shad chili orange craw.
Posted By: ToadSnatcher14

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 09:43 PM

1 Jerk bait fish I got Friday(slot) in the first hour. Fished 8 more hours into Saturday without sniffle.

Went into Alba to grab some supplies for supper and ran across this trophy.

barf
Posted By: reeltexan

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/15/15 11:22 PM

I fished it from about 3 until 5:30, only caught one.
7.5 lbs.
Stickbait.
Posted By: Slade

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/16/15 12:16 AM

I was out there with my wife yesterday and it was a tough day. Colder and wetter than I was expecting also.
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/16/15 04:29 AM

Originally Posted By: ToadSnatcher14
1 Jerk bait fish I got Friday(slot) in the first hour. Fished 8 more hours into Saturday without sniffle.

Went into Alba to grab some supplies for supper and ran across this trophy.

barf

keepn it klassy
Posted By: 25orbust

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/16/15 12:05 PM

Where is this store in Alba?
Posted By: DNewt

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/16/15 01:19 PM

Was tough, caught one Friday and one Saturday, lost a small one Saturday as well.
Posted By: B_Thomas

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/16/15 01:31 PM

I fished 8 hrs on Saturday. It was tough for me as well but finally got my first bite at hour number 7. I was able to catch a couple unders but nothing real special.
Posted By: GUER03

Re: Lake Fork -- Sat. 3-14 - 03/16/15 05:54 PM

********CORRECTION*********

Just to be clear on my earlier post, I only fished artificial lures on my guided trip. However when I took my family fishing under a bridge we fished with live bait. My wife and daughter don't really fish much and can't use lures so we just used shiners for them. That's the only place we used live bait was when I took my family and fished off the bank.

I'm sorry for any confusion I may have caused. I'm still trying to learn the lingo around here.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum