Texas Fishing Forum

Toledo Bend

Posted By: BassFisher317

Toledo Bend - 03/03/15 03:49 PM

I'm heading to Toledo for the first time next week and don't know where to start. If anybody has any general info on the lake, it will be much appreciated. Looking for general areas on the lake to fish, any patterns working, and most importantly any hazards I should watch out for. Thanks in advance!
Posted By: YankHardReelFast

Re: Toledo Bend - 03/03/15 04:10 PM

It'll help folks help you if you'll post where you'll be staying and launching. It's a big lake. Also, I'm not sure you're going to get any help with the hazards. That entire lake is full of hazards! It's basically an underwater forest other than the boat lanes.
Posted By: Darold Gleason, T-bend Guide

Re: Toledo Bend - 03/03/15 04:11 PM

Stay in the boat lanes and idle when out of them. Where is your tournament launching from? Just shoot me an email and I will help out. Plenty of Toledo guys on here, so a few should chime in and help out. gleasonfishing@gmail.com
Posted By: TwoLakes

Re: Toledo Bend - 03/03/15 08:06 PM

I'll be on Toledo Bend starting on the 12th for a few days. Temps forecast to be in the 60s next week. I'm hoping for some stable weather by then to get the fish active.

Good luck on your trip.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Toledo Bend - 03/03/15 09:43 PM

Its really 3 lakes not 1 and fishes accordingly. As stated, its one huge hazard. Stay in the boat lanes and idle when in doubt. Just cause you see a guy run into an area doesn't mean you should.
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Toledo Bend - 03/04/15 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Jaret Latta
Its really 3 lakes not 1 and fishes accordingly. As stated, its one huge hazard. Stay in the boat lanes and idle when in doubt. Just cause you see a guy run into an area doesn't mean you should.

Jaret speaks the truth. I'll never forget doing 50mph in a boat lane for the 1st time in 70 feet of water and 15 feet away there were trees sticking out of the water!
Posted By: Texascajun69

Re: Toledo Bend - 03/04/15 12:44 AM

Be sure to run from Buoy directly to the next buoy. Don't cut the corners. If you are fishing the south end of the lake. The north bank at the mouth of Housen is pretty good. If you are fishing midlake. The slaughter creek and little slaughter creek areas are pretty good. If you are fishing up the lake any of the ridges along the Louisiana side from East/West 13 up to East West 16 will have fish. Several of these go back into the trees to get out of the wind. Red Traps, spinner baits, Charteuse/white, black blue lizards, etc will all work

Good Luck.
Posted By: Ride 211

Re: Toledo Bend - 03/04/15 02:24 AM

Man I have to get over there. Might try this weekend. Good luck and report back
Posted By: big fish2

Re: Toledo Bend - 03/04/15 03:39 AM

Hey what days are you going to be down there and what part ? Im leaving Thursday for Rayburn and will be down for two + weeks I can share some things with you shoot me a pm with your email or phone number.
Posted By: BassFisher317

Re: Toledo Bend - 03/04/15 03:07 PM

Thank you all for the info! I'll keep the post updated on how we do. We will be there Thursday-Sunday next week.
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Toledo Bend - 03/04/15 03:11 PM

>> This man ! He knows the lake, JMO
God Bless
Originally Posted By: Darold Gleason, T-bend Guide
Stay in the boat lanes and idle when out of them. Where is your tournament launching from? Just shoot me an email and I will help out. Plenty of Toledo guys on here, so a few should chime in and help out. gleasonfishing@gmail.com
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum