Texas Fishing Forum

Anyone have Gen 2 Touch 7??

Posted By: mudd

Anyone have Gen 2 Touch 7?? - 03/02/15 01:37 AM

If so how u like it? I have a hds 5 on the front and wanna make sure I can link them together before I buy it. Anyone know that's possible with the newer units
Posted By: Mrppl2

Re: Anyone have Gen 2 Touch 7?? - 03/02/15 01:44 AM

Yes you can. I believe the best way is with Ethernet cable. I had considered keeping my HDS 10 with a touch 9 and was told by Lowrance rep no problems. Should be the same . Love mine, have a 9 and 12. They are lot more sensitive on settings. Menus have changed a little easy to navigate with the touch screens.

Re: Anyone have Gen 2 Touch 7?? - 03/02/15 01:49 AM

Thanks!

Re: Anyone have Gen 2 Touch 7?? - 03/02/15 01:54 AM

My boat also has the Navico Expansion Port 1 since it has the hds 5 on front and a lcx on back. Anyone familiar if I can do away with this if I get rid of the lcx unit??
Posted By: JPeel

Re: Anyone have Gen 2 Touch 7?? - 03/02/15 02:00 AM

Originally Posted By: mudd
My boat also has the Navico Expansion Port 1 since it has the hds 5 on front and a lcx on back. Anyone familiar if I can do away with this if I get rid of the lcx unit??

Hmmm... as I recall, the navico expansion port was installed to link the Sirius weather antenna to the HDS on the front since it didn't have a long enough cable to reach the front, nor work with the LCX. Keep the expansion port. It doesn't take up much room and could be useful.
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Anyone have Gen 2 Touch 7?? - 03/02/15 02:01 AM

I currently have that set up: Gen 2 Touch 7 at console & HDS 5 at bow. They are linked, it's not a problem.

Re: Anyone have Gen 2 Touch 7?? - 03/02/15 02:03 AM

Originally Posted By: JPeel

Hmmm... as I recall, the navico expansion port was installed to link the Sirius weather antenna to the HDS on the front since it didn't have a long enough cable to reach the front, nor work with the LCX. Keep the expansion port. It doesn't take up much room and could be useful.

I was gonna call you and ask bout that. Lol. Boat still running strong! I have a flight to Vegas the 12th and don't fly out again till the April 29th so we need get together
Posted By: bush hog

Re: Anyone have Gen 2 Touch 7?? - 03/02/15 02:48 AM

I'm currently moving my Gen 2 HDS5 from the console to the bow and installing a HDS7 Gen 2 touch in the console. What kind of info can the 2 units share other than waypoints?

Re: Anyone have Gen 2 Touch 7?? - 03/02/15 03:15 AM

That's a good question also. I would think everything being both gen 2s
Posted By: M. Alexander

Re: Anyone have Gen 2 Touch 7?? - 03/02/15 03:20 AM

That's a good question also. I would think everything being both gen 2s

As far as I know, they share everything.
Posted By: JPeel

Re: Anyone have Gen 2 Touch 7?? - 03/02/15 11:38 AM

Originally Posted By: JPeel

I was gonna call you and ask bout that. Lol. Boat still running strong! I have a flight to Vegas the 12th and don't fly out again till the April 29th so we need get together

You still have my number? You haven't called inviting me to fish smile
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Anyone have Gen 2 Touch 7?? - 03/02/15 01:21 PM

Originally Posted By: bush hog
I'm currently moving my Gen 2 HDS5 from the console to the bow and installing a HDS7 Gen 2 touch in the console. What kind of info can the 2 units share other than waypoints?

I have a touch 12 on the console and a touch 9 up front connected through a sonar hub with ethernet cables. I have a Navionics card in the 12 and it shares that with the 9 also.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum