Texas Fishing Forum

Rayburn map

Posted By: Danny L. Weems

Rayburn map - 03/02/15 12:53 AM

What paper maps are good for Rayburn?
I'll be visiting the lake for the first time in the next few weeks and will get the Vick boatlanes for the Lowrance but I would like to have a paper map to study.

Thanks
Posted By: YankHardReelFast

Re: Rayburn map - 03/02/15 02:32 AM

The ones they sell at Academy are about as good as you'll find nowadays.

Don't forget about the Navionics web app.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Rayburn map - 03/02/15 02:54 AM

I think Lake Products has the best paper maps of Rayburn. You going to the BassCat Owners tournament?

Re: Rayburn map - 03/02/15 03:57 AM

Yes I'll be on the Rayburn 3 weeks in a row. Pre fishing weekend before BassCat invitational and then fishing Rayovac the next week as a co. Do you run a cat Allen Bass Fisher?
Congrats YHRF on getting a check yesterday. It looks like it was tough with some of the local sticks not doing so well.
Posted By: parkj5

Re: Rayburn map - 03/02/15 06:07 AM

When will u be going to Rayburn ? i have a map i got 2 years ago when i visited it and have not used it since. I will not be home till Wednesday of next week but will be glad to send it to you free of charge if u want it.
Posted By: Kev-o

Re: Rayburn map - 03/02/15 12:24 PM

Buy the Hook n Line, Academy sells them and they are laminated.
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Rayburn map - 03/02/15 03:06 PM

Danny, Yep I'm a Cat owner. PM sent.

Re: Rayburn map - 03/02/15 08:22 PM

Parkj5 that's mighty kind of you sir.
I'm not going for another few weeks but was wanting to start planning out some areas to try.
Ill shoot you a pm.
Thanks!
Posted By: parkj5

Re: Rayburn map - 03/03/15 09:13 AM

Pm returned no problem...
Posted By: I'm The Dude

Re: Rayburn map - 03/03/15 01:29 PM

Check out navionics phone app, great tool for studying lakes...
Posted By: KingwoodCat

Re: Rayburn map - 03/03/15 01:36 PM

Originally Posted By: Danny L. Weems
What paper maps are good for Rayburn?
I'll be visiting the lake for the first time in the next few weeks and will get the Vick boatlanes for the Lowrance but I would like to have a paper map to study.

Thanks

You might check with Jeff Buchannan at his Realty in Zavala. He used to sell a good set of maps for Rayburn.
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Rayburn map - 03/03/15 11:05 PM

The old map that is 17 pages long on a 4' contour lines. BEST I have seen, and yes, I do have a paper copy of it, but it is not laminated or colored, either. I DO know someone who has it that used to live in Jasper, but they now live out of state. Was put on paper in 1964 or 5, I think. But, if you get to studying it too closely, you forget to look at the big picture. LOL.

Tight lines, keep safe and good luck.

Thad Rains
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: Rayburn map - 03/03/15 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Thad Rains
The old map that is 17 pages long on a 4' contour lines. BEST I have seen, and yes, I do have a paper copy of it, but it is not laminated or colored, either. I DO know someone who has it that used to live in Jasper, but they now live out of state. Was put on paper in 1964 or 5, I think. But, if you get to studying it too closely, you forget to look at the big picture. LOL.

Thad Rains

Hmmmm.. I wonder if that' the same one I have laminated but not in color? From a certain female that used to live in Jasper who got it from her Grandfather, with a few spots marked "X"? grin
Posted By: Thad Rains

Re: Rayburn map - 03/04/15 12:34 AM

YEP, SAME ONE there Robert. GREAT MAP, but mine is a little tattered, since I didn't laminate it, still a great map, though. We made the copies at the same time, if memory serves correctly. What was her daughters name? She was so precocious and SMART!!!! LOL. Long GREAT times NOT FORGOTTEN!!!!

Thad Rains
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: Rayburn map - 03/04/15 12:17 PM

Thad, I can't remember her daughter's name, but you're right, she was something else!

To the OP, like YHRF said, the one at Academy is good, but the Navionics app on your phone or computer is a good tool too.

Re: Rayburn map - 03/04/15 01:25 PM

Thanks guys.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum