Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Holbrook Map

Posted By: Cummins5.9

Lake Holbrook Map - 03/01/15 11:48 PM

We are looking for a good topographical map of Lake Holbrook, if anybody knows where to get one or has one for sale, please call us...

Thanks!
Cliff and Lisa Petree
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Marc Mitchell

Re: Lake Holbrook Map - 03/02/15 12:01 AM

Might try the court house in Mineola they may have a old map of the area where the lake is now or they may can point you in the right direction where to find one. Most wood county lakes are hard to find a map of unless someone drew them up.
Posted By: SIR-FISH-LOT

Re: Lake Holbrook Map - 03/02/15 12:36 AM

My Topo.com/Maps
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Lake Holbrook Map - 03/02/15 12:44 AM

Sorry, not to hi-jack this thread, but is the ramp on the middle of the lake public? Which ramp is better to launch at? Safer? the middle lake or South by the dam/apartments?
Posted By: Bryanmc57

Re: Lake Holbrook Map - 03/02/15 12:49 AM

There are three ramps and they're all pretty safe. The third one is off 2275 on the North end of the lake.
Posted By: Phototex

Re: Lake Holbrook Map - 03/02/15 12:55 AM

Go to Navionics.com and click on WebApp at the top. Move the map to Holbrook. Once you see the Holbrook map, just keep zooming in until you see the contour interval you want. It's a great topo map of the lake bottom, but you'll have to cut and tape it together to get a workable map with useable detail.Can't beat the price, though.
Posted By: GTrigg

Re: Lake Holbrook Map - 03/02/15 01:48 AM

I like the ramp on the east side of the damn. Plenty of parking and easy access to beach your boat at the bank. The ramp on the west side is also nice, but water isn't deep enough at the bank to beach your boat. It does have a pier you can tie up to though.....
Posted By: Bass98

Re: Lake Holbrook Map - 03/02/15 03:12 AM

Navionics probably your best bet for a map.

I too like the ramp on the east side just cause of being able to beach your boat, but in the next few weeks as things heat up it will get crowded on weekends, and there are rarely more than a couple trailers at west ramp. North ramp is nice but I don't see how you could park more than a couple boats in it.
Posted By: Cummins5.9

Re: Lake Holbrook Map - 03/04/15 01:20 AM

Thank every one for your input and advice. What ramp would be best for a 15 boat tournament?
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Lake Holbrook Map - 03/04/15 01:30 AM

Originally Posted By: clff
Thank every one for your input and advice. What ramp would be best for a 15 boat tournament?

The park ramp or the ramp by the apartments will have the most parking. ALL ramps are EXCELLENT on Holbrook BTW.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum