Texas Fishing Forum

Sad & pathetic

Posted By: Senior Q

Sad & pathetic - 03/01/15 11:29 PM

Sitting here watching major league fishing, bass pros, and an assortment of other shows while dreaming of the weather getting better so I can actually go drop a line.
Posted By: reinke

Re: Sad & pathetic - 03/01/15 11:39 PM

Had 2 tournaments to fish this weekend. Both got cancelled.
Posted By: rodiebob

Re: Sad & pathetic - 03/01/15 11:43 PM

I went and bankfished just to look at water...Knew it was a waste of time...lol..

Re: Sad & pathetic - 03/01/15 11:45 PM

That sucks! Hopefully someday I'll learn enough to try one of them tournaments. Either way next weekend is looking ok so far, hope it stays that way.

Re: Sad & pathetic - 03/01/15 11:47 PM

Originally Posted By: rodiebob
I went and bankfished just to look at water...Knew it was a waste of time...lol..

I went out just long enough to buy a new bait casting combo. Trying to learn how to use them.
Posted By: SIR-FISH-LOT

Re: Sad & pathetic - 03/01/15 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Senior Q
Sitting here watching major league fishing, bass pros, and an assortment of other shows while dreaming of the weather getting better so I can actually go drop a line.

+ 1 same here.
Posted By: stuntmandave

Re: Sad & pathetic - 03/01/15 11:50 PM

On the upside the lakes are getting some water. I wish they quit showing repeats of fishing shows on WFN and Outdoor. Anyone catch the Scott Martin Challenge with Jacob Wheeler where they were using kids barbie and spiderman rods for part of the challenge?? Pretty funny stuff.

Re: Sad & pathetic - 03/01/15 11:52 PM

Originally Posted By: stuntmandave
On the upside the lakes are getting some water. I wish they quit showing repeats of fishing shows on WFN and Outdoor. Anyone catch the Scott Martin Challenge with Jacob Wheeler where they were using kids barbie and spiderman rods for part of the challenge?? Pretty funny stuff.

I watch the show yesterday where they were catching peacocks with his daughters.

Re: Sad & pathetic - 03/01/15 11:54 PM

I saw it awhile back..Competive mutha, then again Roland is..Scott and Roland pretty funny as well..
Posted By: stuntmandave

Re: Sad & pathetic - 03/02/15 12:14 AM

Ahh well it was a good one Senior Q. The peacock show with the kids was good too. Rodiebob the one with Scott and Roland sight fishing giants was really good. I couldn't even imagine sight fishing a 10+.
Posted By: TBT

Re: Sad & pathetic - 03/02/15 12:38 AM

Senior Q,

Come join us on Chambers next week. The weather is looking better and there should be some good sacks weighed in. Late registration will be at Oak Cove Marina beginning at 5am Saturday.

USAFT staff

Re: Sad & pathetic - 03/02/15 12:45 AM

Originally Posted By: TBT
Senior Q,

Come join us on Chambers next week. The weather is looking better and there should be some good sacks weighed in. Late registration will be at Oak Cove Marina beginning at 5am Saturday.

USAFT staff

I have never done a tournement. I would be clueless. Is this a team thing or individual tournement? I would love to do it but would almost prefer have somebody that actually has a clue with me. Is there a website with a flier about the tournement?
Posted By: jcombsiv

Re: Sad & pathetic - 03/02/15 12:59 AM

Still waiting for a new Bass Champs episode. And I did fish a tournament on Bastrop yesterday and froze on the way there while watching multiple cars slide off the road. Can't wait for spring though!

Re: Sad & pathetic - 03/02/15 01:11 AM

Is the ramp there okay? Only issue there..Great lake, better when full but make no mistake, 25 pounds easy just to have a shot..
Posted By: PlanoTom

Re: Sad & pathetic - 03/02/15 01:44 AM

Originally Posted By: jcombsiv
Still waiting for a new Bass Champs episode.

I watched Hubert cash another $200 check for 8th place today. I think that's about ten weeks in a row.
Posted By: cbow44

Re: Sad & pathetic - 03/02/15 02:26 AM

Went to Bass Pro just to get out. Only spent 25.00 on 3 naked rage blades.
Posted By: TBT

Re: Sad & pathetic - 03/02/15 04:03 AM

Senior Q,

The website is at www.usafishingtrails.com . Click on the Bud Light Trail logo on the right side of the home page. This will take you to the Bud Light Trail page. Click on the schedule at the top of the page.

It is a team tournament. Find someone you would like to fish with and come on out. The entry fee is $200 plus a one time membership fee of $35 per angler. After you pay the membership fee you can enter any of our tournaments on the schedule shown on our website. You could also enter by yourself but most anglers prefer to have someone with them in the boat.

You can just show up at the Oak Cove Marina before 6am Saturday March 7th and enter at the lake the morning of the tournament.

Good luck --- hope to see you there.

Call our TD -- Bryan Davis at 469-955-7808 if you have any questions.

USAFT staff
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum