Texas Fishing Forum

skeet Reese

Posted By: crb798

skeet Reese - 03/01/15 01:08 AM

Any one like the skeet Reese rods? Pros/cons..seem decent for the price..just lookin for info
Posted By: Bill Durham

Re: skeet Reese - 03/01/15 01:25 AM

I have a Skeet drop shot rod.. been a good one for me. Plenty of backbone and plenty sensitive..

BD
Posted By: captain-kilroy

Re: skeet Reese - 03/01/15 01:33 AM

I have the drop shot spinning rod and the jig worm rod. I have no complaints. I have had both two season and they have survived being knocked around and catching alot of fish. Very happy with the quality. I have one wrinkle in one of the rubber grips but other than that I think they are pretty good for the money.
Posted By: crb798

Re: skeet Reese - 03/01/15 01:40 AM

Thanks for the input guys
Posted By: Roadrunner-3

Re: skeet Reese - 03/01/15 01:42 AM

I have the spinnerbait rod and three of the finesse fluke rods. finesse rods have the best sensitivity I've ever seen in a rod. Absolutely love them.
Posted By: TtownBassDude

Re: skeet Reese - 03/01/15 01:43 AM

ya not bad, they will have them on sale all the time for 60-70 dollars. life time warranty too,
Posted By: matto

Re: skeet Reese - 03/01/15 01:44 AM

I have 4 of them
I like em
Posted By: Lil joe

Re: skeet Reese - 03/01/15 02:01 AM

I had a shaky head/ senko rod and it was one of my favorites I have ever owned. I broke it and couldn't find another one in a bait casting model. I had one of the big crankbait rods and I hated it. It was too big and heavy
Posted By: bluebonnet2

Re: skeet Reese - 03/02/15 03:37 PM

good morning,

i have 2 .........like 'em......they are faded to pastel yellow....lol

good luck,
PURA VIDA,
bluebonnet2
Posted By: redskeeter190

Re: skeet Reese - 03/02/15 04:13 PM

Don't think I could get use to the yellow stick......
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: skeet Reese - 03/02/15 04:14 PM

I have the C-Rig/Swimbait one (two of them actually) they are great! Very versatile. Not sure they make that one anymore though.

Also have the drop shot rod; like it, dont love it; seems a little light to me but I use it all the time anyway, so I dont hate it.

That said, plenty of guys who spend $300+ on a rod will be along to tell you how junky they are and to not waste your money.
Posted By: NickHasty

Re: skeet Reese - 03/02/15 05:15 PM

I've always heard good things about the drop shot rod...
Posted By: rodiebob

Re: skeet Reese - 03/02/15 05:24 PM

So overall positive then..Im not a fan of the brightly colored rod, or the ive just won a classic use my stuff sell, but the rod/reels of his seem pretty solid..
Posted By: Black Bass Blake

Re: skeet Reese - 03/02/15 07:14 PM

I have never fished one, but my partner had 2 of them. They both broke on hook sets. Now they might have been stepped on and probably were because he has a "Nancy" hook set.
Posted By: Bassalong

Re: skeet Reese - 03/04/15 02:59 AM

I picked one of the crank bait rods off the shelf yesterday and it seemed a lot like the KVD crank bait rod that was selling for about $120. From the feel, I would have given it a try had I not already bought a cranker. It was priced at about $90. So it was yellow... Would have made it easier to grab off the deck.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum