Texas Fishing Forum

25 lb test Floro

Posted By: Minner Bucket

25 lb test Floro - 02/28/15 12:11 AM

Which 25 lb test floro do you use for flipping heavy cover? Is Seguar Abbrasix any good? Thanks!
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: 25 lb test Floro - 02/28/15 12:13 AM

It is. It is a little more stiff than invisX.
Posted By: Rhaider

Re: 25 lb test Floro - 02/28/15 12:21 AM

For one, I don't know that 25 is ever really necessary because if I'm going up that high because of thick cover I will just flip 50lb braid. That being said, the seaguar abrazx and the sunline flippin flouro are both pretty good.
Posted By: BassinBilly

Re: 25 lb test Floro - 02/28/15 12:22 AM

Seguar Abrasix
Posted By: Donald Harper

Re: 25 lb test Floro - 02/28/15 12:45 AM

XPS from BPS. This is all we use in Mexico. Braid and wind do not get along.
Posted By: Minner Bucket

Re: 25 lb test Floro - 02/28/15 01:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Rhaider
For one, I don't know that 25 is ever really necessary because if I'm going up that high because of thick cover I will just flip 50lb braid. That being said, the seaguar abrazx and the sunline flippin flouro are both pretty good.

It's a confidence thing, I get more bites with floro.. Thanks for the replies.
Posted By: Matt1212

Re: 25 lb test Floro - 02/28/15 01:15 AM

20lb Invisx
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: 25 lb test Floro - 02/28/15 01:53 AM

25lb flourocarbon? THICK. holy geez. Id only get about 50yrds on my reel. Haha

I'd use some 55lb braid way before I went that thick on flourocarbon. Low light diffraction seems kinda like a wish when draggin that weed eater string through the water. Lol.

I'd just use 15-17 lb and check the line for nicks every so often. You should retie a lot anyway fishing heavy cover.
Posted By: Codybphillips

Re: 25 lb test Floro - 02/28/15 02:05 AM

15 lb flipping heavy cover? Haha

You'll be re tying all right , when you stick a big one and she drags you over a stump and breaks you off.

20lb invisx
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: 25 lb test Floro - 02/28/15 02:48 AM

Use the braid and tie a leader at the end. 20lb is unruly, I can only imagine how much a pain 25lb is.
Posted By: bassdude10

Re: 25 lb test Floro - 02/28/15 02:55 AM

Originally Posted By: SteezMacQueen

I'd use some 55lb braid way before I went that thick on flourocarbon. Low light diffraction seems kinda like a wish when draggin that weed eater string through the water. Lol.

I'd just use 15-17 lb and check the line for nicks every so often. You should retie a lot anyway fishing heavy cover.

Ha do you fish in texas?
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: 25 lb test Floro - 02/28/15 03:11 AM

Originally Posted By: bassdude10

Ha do you fish in texas?

Haha. Yessir. And I use 55lb braid and 17lb leaders. Or just straight braid if it's really
Rough stuff. And I also use a extra heavy rod and try my best to get out of cover quick. Usually I do. Then I check my leader, and or retie. Retieing is free. Have only lost one bass is cover last year. It wasn't because the line failed. It wrapped me up. Fast. Waited for 30 minutes for it to free up. Finally cut and re tied.
Posted By: ironmike

Re: 25 lb test Floro - 02/28/15 03:13 AM

Invisx works great. I use it when flipping reeds and matted grass. I use the Diawa braid also, but I like the floro having a little stretch when fishing close quarters. Good luck!
Posted By: Rhaider

Re: 25 lb test Floro - 02/28/15 03:16 AM

Yessir! I understand, I think confidence is half the battle!
Posted By: bassdude10

Re: 25 lb test Floro - 02/28/15 03:26 AM

Originally Posted By: bassdude10

Ha do you fish in texas?

Haha. Yessir. And I use 55lb braid and 17lb leaders. Or just straight braid if it's really
Rough stuff. And I also use a extra heavy rod and try my best to get out of cover quick. Usually I do. Then I check my leader, and or retie. Retieing is free. Have only lost one bass is cover last year. It wasn't because the line failed. It wrapped me up. Fast. Waited for 30 minutes for it to free up. Finally cut and re tied.

Flipping and pitching with an extra heavy rod and braid to fluoro leader sounds like a recipe to break off on the hookset. Straight braid is fine but you are sacrificing bites.
Posted By: H B

Re: 25 lb test Floro - 02/28/15 08:18 AM

Seaguar Tatsu 25 lb with a uni or doubled uni knot, it's strong and works really well in thick timber. Also it's my only alternative to braid for flippin deep grass in clear water with a heavy jig.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: 25 lb test Floro - 02/28/15 11:39 AM

Originally Posted By: Matt1212
20lb Invisx

+1
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum