Texas Fishing Forum

Livingston Lures...worth the hype?

Posted By: JC Skeeter

Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/25/15 07:59 PM

Are these lures, mainly the crank baits like dive master etc, really worth it? Or are they no better than any other typical crainkbait?
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/25/15 07:59 PM

Ask Lee in Texas... roflmao

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/25/15 08:06 PM

Originally Posted By: SoCal Tom
Ask Lee in Texas... roflmao

I'm guessing I missed a thread on them already? Lol

Hey Lee, so what's the word?
Posted By: YankHardReelFast

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/25/15 08:13 PM

Lee will be here to chime in and his opinion is the same as mine. LOL
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/25/15 08:13 PM

Leeeeeeeeeee!!! Our local Livingston pro! banana
Posted By: Fishinfellow

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/25/15 08:29 PM

de de de de
Posted By: lamoon78

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/25/15 09:06 PM

They suck dont waste your money I bought a couple a year or so ago and never got a bite.
Posted By: 'Ole Man

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/25/15 09:21 PM

They look good in a shadow box hanging on a wall in the man cave, other than that not worth the money or time, jmho.
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/25/15 09:25 PM

Ask Lee. I think he is on their staff. He can help you. Send him a PM.
Posted By: basscat dad

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/25/15 09:31 PM

i thought i saw a mushroom cloud out in the direction of his place. hope after reading this he's ok.
Posted By: Slade

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/25/15 10:09 PM

Doesnt Lee have his boat wrapped with Livingston advertisement? I think he prefers the exact one that one the classic last year but I may be wrong...
Posted By: Ban-D

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/25/15 10:36 PM

No
Posted By: snickers

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/25/15 10:41 PM

Lee must be working a show. He will be along soon if the Toledo thread did not take him out
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/25/15 10:47 PM

Originally Posted By: snickers
Lee must be working a show. He will be along soon if the Toledo thread did not take him out

I'm dying
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/25/15 10:55 PM

Chirp chirp
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/25/15 11:04 PM

Somebody needs to check on Lee. He can't go 14 posts on this subject without commenting.
Posted By: Rhaider

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/25/15 11:13 PM

I can see how they're tempting because they have just about every pro and tv show advertising them to the max, but I don't think they're anything special. IMHO they're a new age banjo minnow or walking worm with better ad men
Posted By: SlowDown

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/25/15 11:14 PM

Do you really want to ask someone on their payroll if the lures are worth the money? Not likely. LOL

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/25/15 11:17 PM

Probably went out to check the ramps at Eagle Mountain
Posted By: BThomas

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/25/15 11:19 PM

Originally Posted By: fish 'till I drop
Do you really want to ask someone on their payroll if the lures are worth the money? Not likely. LOL

Sure, Lee is down-right honest. I trust him.
Posted By: FMJshooter

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/25/15 11:50 PM

Lee won't admit it but he was leading day 3 of last years classic until the battery in his Livingston died, zeroed out after that.

Now you know the truth behind the legend.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/25/15 11:52 PM

I use them. Not on the payroll. I am always amazed how people who don't use a product assume they are qualified to give a negative comment. I don't use more fishing gear than I do use but I've never had the urge to say I don't use something because it's junk.

I like to pause the retrieve when I hit a rock or stump and let it chirp. I've picked up many a fish with them using that retrieve. I don't consider them expensive because most of my other cranks are Lucky Craft. I don't worry about the battery since the cranks I throw the most won't last a season before snagging or cracking on rocks or poles. That's my two cents on Livingston lures.
Posted By: Phoenix 920 Pro xp

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/25/15 11:53 PM

not worth it
Posted By: T54

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/25/15 11:55 PM

No amount of croaks and laser beam eyes is going to make me buy something that looks like a Pradco bait, when for the same money I can have a Lucky Craft or Jackall.
Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/25/15 11:57 PM

These guys are all joking around but Ill give you an honest review. I have now tried both their squarebills and their lipless cranks all in various colors and have caught a grand total of 2 bass on them. I have outfished the Livingston with Excalibur and h20 brand lipless cranks and will take a handmade wood crank ANY day over the Livingston squarebill. I bought all my lures super cheap to try them out too. I made sure they all made the chirping sound, becuase my first experience with these i had 2 brand new out of the box that DID NOT make the sounds, and still I can't hardly buy a bite on these things compared to what I normally fish. In my honest opinion they are a gimmick and will catch a few fish and nothing more. They are most certainly not worth the retail price. You are better off sticking to the traditional stuff. Trust me. Im done with them now.

And the funny thing is when I was throwing the lipless the bass were keyed in on shad (had shad running everywhere all up and down the river) and they were biting my other liplles cranks good. The Livingston that make the "shad" sound however it was like I turned off the switch and they just shut down. Truly amazing how well these things DONT work lol
Posted By: Big Red 12

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 12:06 AM

I don't know if it is their shape and vibration or if it is the technology. But, the Lipless one has produced for me when others have not and in some really tough conditions this winter.
Posted By: Jpowell7575

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 12:20 AM

Lee will have his remaining 4 Livingston lures on display during his seminar at Toledo bend this April.
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 12:22 AM

Well, your not going to like/believe this but, they are basically a good hard bait, BUT, the ADVERTISED feature they sell the lures for is a gimmick! Just think about it for a few minutes. It is advertised to make a sound that will attract fish.
I ordered four of their baits. 2 of the Randy Howlers and 2 minnow coloring jerk baits. Of those four, I got only ONE to make any sound at all, EVER.
One of the Howlers, I in fact gave away to a fellow TFF'r on here, Ranger Holly. Ask him. I'm pretty sure when he opened and ever used it, it did not work either.
But I tried to deal with the company AND their local 'Factory Rep' for around here.
I got NOTHING in the way of support.
So, you form your own opinion. Mine is, they will never get another dime out of me and I 'm only too happy to pass along my experience to anyone who ask, such as yourself.
A good tackle manufacturer will stand behind their product.
The Pro's you see using or talking about them, well, think about this as well. They get PAID to do this. Now, what do you expect them to say? roflmao
Good luck with that one.
My best recommendation: stay with what is tried and proven, your choice.
There are a number of really good hard bait manufacturers out there and they have really good products.
Bottom line: you ask opinions/hype. My opinion is nothing but a gimmick (I mean come on, everything that makes sound is going to require a battery or some kind of power source - so how long do you think that will work?)
Hype: Definitely!!

One day some other manufacturer will begin to make a product like this and FIX the shortfalls of 'Livingston' but, for now, it's ALL HYPE!

I told you you might not like or want to hear this but there it is for what it's worth. I am definitely not the only one who has had bad/bitter experiences with this company and/or baits.
Make up your own mind.
BTW: roflmao You can literally buy these now at WALMART !! Soon to come to the $$ stores $$

God Bless
Originally Posted By: YankHardReelFast
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 12:26 AM

Not sure if his boat is wrapped with Livingston advertisement, but I can guarantee his toilet bowl is! banana
Originally Posted By: Slade
Doesnt Lee have his boat wrapped with Livingston advertisement? I think he prefers the exact one that one the classic last year but I may be wrong...

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

I'm dying
roflmao OMG, you guys are killing me! I darn near fell off the chair reading this thread.....
oh, BTW: Slade: Nope pardner....not only no boat wrap but, I'm buying you a case of your favorite beverage if you can find anything in my garage, tackle bag or my boat that says 'Livingston' on it.. frkazoid

God Bless, you guys are killing me... woot
Posted By: Tristen

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Slade
Probably went out to check the ramps at Eagle Mountain

roflmao
Posted By: BassinBilly

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 12:33 AM

I will go against the masses here. I will tell you that I don't endorse something if it doesn't work and I don't send resumes trying to get on prostaffs. When the elites were here at Falcon in 2012 I attended the show on the 3rd day and Hank Cherry was working the booth. I asked Hank what Crankbait should I be throwing at the dam and he said the citrus sparkle Dm20. I bought one for the hell of it threw it in my boat. I was at the damn one day and took it out of my box, there was a Mexican tournament going on so the dam had many boats and many of them were throwing crankbaits. I thought to myself this is something they haven't seen and tied it on. I caught 3 7 pounders and a 5 in less than 20 minutes. Needless to say I had 4 guys throwing right on top of my cast and they caught nothing. I went home that night and said damn I need to check into this. I sent them an email telling them my story and they picked me up. If you look at my results with clients in Jan/Feb of 2013 you will see we caught a lot of big fish on them. Do like I did and buy one and see for yourself. I haven't had a CB bite this year, but I will at some point.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 12:40 AM

The difference...... Is clear

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 12:41 AM

Hey BIlly, if that particular lure worked for you, great!!! But, their track record is NOT a good one.
Time will tell.
Best advice I could give: If you think you like the sound of the premise of the bait/ buy one... try it!
But, they sure lost any business from me but again, I'm not fishing on any tour or a tournament fisherman.
Purely for the joy of fishing and feeling that 'tug on the line'.
God Bless
Posted By: armadillo joe

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 12:50 AM

I have had descent luck with them one of the soldiers I took out caught an 8.02 on a square bill biggest fish he ever caught.

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 01:54 AM

do they sell a Spanish sounding version

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 02:02 AM

A fisherman, any fisherman, using any particular bait that he/she likes and/or is confident in, will eventually catch fish on any given day.
If a Pro, like Hank Cherry told me about a particular bait to fish and recomended it, you betcha I would be using it!! Now, how much did you use it? How long? How many others using that particular bait caught fish?
I know there are MANY really good fishermen on here that are making their own baits. They all look and are based on sound and proven qualities that work with, just that 'special' touch, enough to make them unique.
I fished with the jerk bait and the much touted 'Howler' with no success. I mean I fished with them a LOT!! Just to see if it was me, the bait, or what.
Just my 2 cents
God Bless
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 02:07 AM

I won a tourney on the wakebait.

That's the only bait of theirs I've fished. Probably won't ever fish the others.

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 02:17 AM

I could catch a fish on a pickle if I fish it long enough

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Lee in Texas
Well, your not going to like/believe this but, they are basically a good hard bait, BUT, the ADVERTISED feature they sell the lures for is a gimmick! Just think about it for a few minutes. It is advertised to make a sound that will attract fish.
I ordered four of their baits. 2 of the Randy Howlers and 2 minnow coloring jerk baits. Of those four, I got only ONE to make any sound at all, EVER.
One of the Howlers, I in fact gave away to a fellow TFF'r on here, Ranger Holly. Ask him. I'm pretty sure when he opened and ever used it, it did not work either.
But I tried to deal with the company AND their local 'Factory Rep' for around here.
I got NOTHING in the way of support.
So, you form your own opinion. Mine is, they will never get another dime out of me and I 'm only too happy to pass along my experience to anyone who ask, such as yourself.
A good tackle manufacturer will stand behind their product.
The Pro's you see using or talking about them, well, think about this as well. They get PAID to do this. Now, what do you expect them to say? roflmao
Good luck with that one.
My best recommendation: stay with what is tried and proven, your choice.
There are a number of really good hard bait manufacturers out there and they have really good products.
Bottom line: you ask opinions/hype. My opinion is nothing but a gimmick (I mean come on, everything that makes sound is going to require a battery or some kind of power source - so how long do you think that will work?)
Hype: Definitely!!

One day some other manufacturer will begin to make a product like this and FIX the shortfalls of 'Livingston' but, for now, it's ALL HYPE!

I told you you might not like or want to hear this but there it is for what it's worth. I am definitely not the only one who has had bad/bitter experiences with this company and/or baits.
Make up your own mind.
BTW: roflmao You can literally buy these now at WALMART !! Soon to come to the $$ stores $$

God Bless
Originally Posted By: YankHardReelFast

Lee, glad you are ok and finally replied. I know these guys are giving you a hard time but it is because you are well liked around here. I didn't know there was once a thread on this already, but I sincerely appreciate all of the feedback.

I'm sticking with the regular stuff, I figured it was a gimmick lure but wanted to ask. Thank you all, and this thread is highly entertaining.
Posted By: BassinBilly

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 02:25 AM

You do that !!!
Posted By: David Burton

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 02:45 AM

Not worth the bad paint jobs and substandard rattles.

The spook is too heavy, sits low in the water, so it doesn't walk properly.

The lipless crank paint job stinks

The wake bait's gold bluegill might work when that is the main forage, but just doesn't match right here in north Texas.

The red and orange painted divers look great, and I will try to buy a bite on one.

Fish don't hit them when still for me, they don't jump into the boat doing back flips. I have those four baits, no fish... But, I haven't spent more than a few hours with them.
Posted By: bbassfishes

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 03:14 AM

Over hyped and overpriced. I'm sure one will eventually get you a bite, but no better than any other lure. A 3 dollar Academy H2O Express bait will work just as good if not better than those noise makers. If you need sound, make it in your head and save yourself 10 dollars.
Posted By: soonersorlaters

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 03:23 AM

http://www.finsntales.com/all/baits-that-won-the-2014-bassmaster-classic/#.VO6MgS7sZUE

Read this to figure out what lures produced aside from the Livingston in the 2014 Classic for top finishers.

The fact is that Howell picked the right spot on day 3, more so than the lure being the game changer.

If you saw the rate at which he was boating fish, you'd be a simpleton to think that the Livingston lure was the only reason he won.

Those fish were stacked in that current and he would have boated a ton of them on several lures.

If you watched, you will know that he did not throw the Livingston exclusively that day but it was the one that got all the praise.

I remember the comments on that thread last year with everyone trying to ID the other bait/s he used in addition to Livingston. Dig it up and read it.

It was The Perfect Storm for him that day and that win should be credited to the angler's hunch on the spot, not the lure.

Anyone else remember when Chris Lane won? Just a few short weeks later, I couldn't push my way through all of the Ugly Otter baits at Academy to find a Zoom Fluke.

If you get suckered in to a single lure that's going to work magic, well, perhaps getting on the interwebz and dog cussing it because you don't have success..............I digress.

Now, when will my underspins be here? I can't catch another fish without them!!!!!!!! fish

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 03:23 AM

I don't have any so I can't say, seems gimicky to me but hey I don't have a hydrowave either and people swear by them.

I will say this, I can't walk by the display in a Walmart without thinking of Lee in Texas!

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 10:51 AM

Saw the Livingston boat on Amistad fishing the Rayovac. I think he was the only 0 posted in the event in two days.
Posted By: CTA

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 12:44 PM

Saw the Livingston boat on Amistad fishing the Rayovac. I think he was the only 0 posted in the event in two days.

Oh snap!
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 01:14 PM

answer me this:
why do you put glass beads & brass together on a C-rig --- create "noise"
why does a buzz bait have a 2 or 3 blade propeller on it --- create "noise"
why do you have BBs in a lipless crank bait --- create "noise"
why do you have one knockers vs several knockers --- create a "different noise"
why do plastic baits have ridges, legs, claws, etc etc --- create vibration & imitate real baits

all these things were thought of as "gimmicks" when they were first introduced.
anything introduced now days is a gimmick, just like the new plastics are gimmicks according to the "old" geezer fishermen.
all Livingston is trying to do is to imitate a dying fish or create "noise".
if you don't like their customer service,,,,, then OK
if you don't like their ideas ,,,,, then OK
if you don't think they catch fish for you ,,,, well then OK

BUT,
for those people that catch fish with them, for those folks that like the way the bait works, they will keep buying them.
& what's wrong with selling the bait thru Wal-Mart ? Gary Yamamoto baits are sold there as well, how about Z-Man Chatter Baits & Bill Lewis Rattle Traps,,,,,,,does that make them any less effective that they are sold in Wal-Mart ?

Baits are like coffee,,,,you just have to try it to see if you like it or not.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 01:17 PM

Noob bait. Next it will come pre rigged on the cheap baitcast combos at Walmart. Lol.

Just kiddin. Never tried it. Nor have I ever thought of trying it. I did, however, watch the entire video at the Walmart Kiosk one day while waiting for my wife to grocery shop. Lol. She kept coming by and asking me what was so funny?! Lol.
Posted By: Steven Hennige

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 03:03 PM

For me its like the A rig, there is a time and place.
won $1000 two years ago at a fall hourly big bass event on one.
other then that very little luck.
When they work they feel like "magic"
Posted By: kirbydog

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 03:18 PM

There are no magic lures.
Posted By: J.Chambers

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 03:35 PM

Don't know how good they really are, I have a few square bills. Although I did catch my biggest bass to date on a Livingston square bill 9.43 #
Posted By: armadillo joe

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 04:00 PM

Originally Posted By: Nutman
answer me this:
why do you put glass beads & brass together on a C-rig --- create "noise"
why does a buzz bait have a 2 or 3 blade propeller on it --- create "noise"
why do you have BBs in a lipless crank bait --- create "noise"
why do you have one knockers vs several knockers --- create a "different noise"
why do plastic baits have ridges, legs, claws, etc etc --- create vibration & imitate real baits

all these things were thought of as "gimmicks" when they were first introduced.
anything introduced now days is a gimmick, just like the new plastics are gimmicks according to the "old" geezer fishermen.
all Livingston is trying to do is to imitate a dying fish or create "noise".
if you don't like their customer service,,,,, then OK
if you don't like their ideas ,,,,, then OK
if you don't think they catch fish for you ,,,, well then OK

BUT,
for those people that catch fish with them, for those folks that like the way the bait works, they will keep buying them.
& what's wrong with selling the bait thru Wal-Mart ? Gary Yamamoto baits are sold there as well, how about Z-Man Chatter Baits & Bill Lewis Rattle Traps,,,,,,,does that make them any less effective that they are sold in Wal-Mart ?

Baits are like coffee,,,,you just have to try it to see if you like it or not.
I don't know about baits but the short time I worked there I saw boxes of reels among some other things marked Walmart only. Garcia 5500c reels with 5500cl3 on them were special made for walmart.
Posted By: cephusjoe

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 04:00 PM

I'm sure they catch fish but the question was are they worth the money $$$$$.... I draw the line at 6 bucks for a hard bait. As long as people keep paying money for 70k boats, $16 cranks, $7 hooks for a set of 5, $500 for rods, $400 for reels,.... You see where I'm going. The bass fishing market knows guys will pay big money that "edge" so they will throw advertising gimmicks at any means. Same with bow hunting. If you got the money go nuts!
Posted By: RangerBass21

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 04:05 PM

It's not to create "noise" it's create mostly higher frequency of vibration, to stimulant the fishes lateral line, fishes lateral line detect vibration through the water, fish use the lateral line to fine prey, when a shad swims the water it produces a vibration and a bass uses it's lateral line to pick up vibration waves from the shad swimming and it stimulates them into feeding to eat then eyesight and smell, eyesight you get the flashy shiny baits that produce flash that triggers the fishes eyesight and also the vibration then you use scent for the fishes smell, fish can't hear very well....i don't know if they can hear at all....
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 02/26/15 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: BassinBilly
I will go against the masses here. I will tell you that I don't endorse something if it doesn't work and I don't send resumes trying to get on prostaffs. When the elites were here at Falcon in 2012 I attended the show on the 3rd day and Hank Cherry was working the booth. I asked Hank what Crankbait should I be throwing at the dam and he said the citrus sparkle Dm20. I bought one for the hell of it threw it in my boat. I was at the damn one day and took it out of my box, there was a Mexican tournament going on so the dam had many boats and many of them were throwing crankbaits. I thought to myself this is something they haven't seen and tied it on. I caught 3 7 pounders and a 5 in less than 20 minutes. Needless to say I had 4 guys throwing right on top of my cast and they caught nothing. I went home that night and said damn I need to check into this. I sent them an email telling them my story and they picked me up. If you look at my results with clients in Jan/Feb of 2013 you will see we caught a lot of big fish on them. Do like I did and buy one and see for yourself. I haven't had a CB bite this year, but I will at some point.

C'mon Billy! If you would have said any color other than citrus I might have believed you a little bit. You can paint a bottle top citrus and catch fish down there. roflmao
Posted By: Smurfs

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 03/02/15 12:18 AM

Yes there is, Yellow Magic! juggle
Originally Posted By: kirbydog
There are no magic lures.
Posted By: Troutnout

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 03/02/15 01:06 AM

Just for everyone's knowldege... I am currently working on a super duper, totally terrific bait.. This thing makes 4 times the noise of the Livingston.. I will even have shirts to hand out and stickers to put on boats if needed. And from our tech guys it sounds just like a real baitfish... Don't be late, get them on our pre order sale.. We will also sale a charger with these things.. Every 20 minutes the need a recharge they are so powerful... Charger hooks straight to your trolling motor.. Couldn't resist.....
Posted By: Crankin'King

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 03/02/15 06:30 AM

Guys the baits emit a baitfish sound of a shad being chased through the water. The actual sound is the sound of the gill plates slamming shut on the shad so they may swim faster. It was researched and tested extensively before put into the bait by the founder Ive met the guy, great guy. No the bait does not work in every situation, in fact i still use a SK 1.5 square bill in a silent because of some situations i face, like over pressured water or extremely clear water like Amistad. I 100% believe that the bait does reserve a place in my tackle box for life as I do believe I has a time and a place.
In fact the first time I used on a received a free one fishing a collegiate tournament on lake amistad. I took it home with me and fished it on choke canyon. I spent all day fishing my go to Strike King 1.5 Chart, Black with and without rattles up and down my favorite bank which any day normally produces a few nice fish and a bag limit. Without catching anything I switched over to the Livingston Dive Master Jr in the same color. Filled out a limit on the same bank and won my Club tournament in less than an hour.
The bait won't work if you don't use one also crank baits are confidence baits so you really must try one like I did on a spot you know produces fish then after you catch a few It will catch them elsewhere.
I have a lot more examples like this so if your not sure PM me and Ill tell you more.
Posted By: Crankin'King

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 03/02/15 06:32 AM

Also before I get bashed for it I am Promotional staff for Livingston but that really only means that I know a lot more about the bait. They do test us on the performance and features on the products they sell before the let us use this title.
Posted By: 361V

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 03/02/15 01:11 PM

It's a HydroWave for your fishing pole. Enough said. stir
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 03/02/15 01:56 PM

I'm trying folks.... I really am. You guys know me. It's tough to just read this thread.

Ok.

Will power.
Posted By: Ban-D

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 03/02/15 02:38 PM

I can tell you that I fished the exact same color and depth range Livingston after using a strikeKing and didn't catch a fish for over an hour. Switched back to the strikeking and boom. Fish were back on it. If its so much better then why wouldn't they hit the "better" bait? I also watched a buddy throw the squarebill for I don't even know how long without a bite. Switched to a lucky craft same color and once again,fish.
Posted By: kirbydog

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 03/02/15 02:59 PM

Bought their 0-4 ft crank just to see what all the hoopla was about. After throwing it
for an hour or so the jury is still out. I like my shallow cranks to have a tighter wiggle
than this bait had.

Like a lot of things in fishing-if it gives you confidence then that alone can make it better-
for you. I've got a lot of confidence in Bill Norman cranks and so thats what I throw more than any
other crank
Posted By: COWBOYSFAN008

Re: Livingston Lures...worth the hype? - 03/02/15 09:28 PM

gimmick, right up there with the Banjo Minnow! Save your money and buy two or even three H2O for the price. JMHO.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum