Texas Fishing Forum

BASS Elite Marshals

Posted By: Fishin24-7

BASS Elite Marshals - 02/24/15 09:23 PM

Anyone paid the $125 to be a Marshal? I know there were a lot of discussions going on back when they quite having co-anglers and went to marshals. Just wondering if anyone has done it and how the experience was? Would you do it again?
Posted By: 374 Trigger

Re: BASS Elite Marshals - 02/25/15 12:18 AM

My team partners daughter was a Marshal she had Rook Friday can't remember who on Saturday but other than cold She had a great time.No she didn't receive money to do it and think they have to put up money to do be marshals
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: BASS Elite Marshals - 02/25/15 12:42 AM

Originally Posted By: 374 Trigger
My team partners daughter was a Marshal she had Rook Friday can't remember who on Saturday but other than cold She had a great time.No she didn't receive money to do it and think they have to put up money to do be marshals
man. I think it would be worth the $125 to get to watch a top level pro fish up close. And when they are under the pressure of competition. I'd think it would be worth it's weight in gold. What a chance to learn.

Re: BASS Elite Marshals - 02/25/15 12:56 AM

Lisa Rabe had a blast both days and didn't have to go to the bank either day. She said it was worth the deep Freeze. Proud of Lisa and she is also a fine fisher women.
Posted By: Fishin24-7

Re: BASS Elite Marshals - 02/25/15 04:56 PM

Kind of what I was thinking. I think the classic is quite a bit more expensive but a regular season Elite event is $125 to marshal. Seems like you could learn a lot watching Elite pro's go about their business. I wouldn't think they would want a constant Q and A as they are probably hyper focused but probably depends on the pro too.
Posted By: SAKS

Re: BASS Elite Marshals - 02/26/15 12:24 AM

What is involved with being a Marshal? What are your responsibilities if any?

Re: BASS Elite Marshals - 02/26/15 02:07 AM

From what I was told they are more less a witness to rules being followed and report fish as they are caught back to Weighin by text. Pretty sure it cost $500 to be a classic marshal
Posted By: Matt1212

Re: BASS Elite Marshals - 02/26/15 02:47 AM

I've done it several times and really enjoyed it. I've been out 6 days and all but one was very talkative(
He was by no means rude, just quiet). I found out they are pros for a reason so efficient and prolly make 3 casts to my one. Try it out
Posted By: Jimfishes

Re: BASS Elite Marshals - 02/26/15 03:57 AM

I was a Marshal in 2013 when they fished the Sabine river in Orange. Paid $125 online thru the Bassmaster website several months in advance. You get a confirmation and a packet of all the info including the rules meeting for Marshals. I rode 3 days with Rick Clunn, Randy Howell, and Matt Reed. Enjoyed it but didn't sign up for this year's Elite Sabine event. As stated, depends on the pro...some like to talk more than others. Worth doing if you've never been in a boat with any fishing pros.
Posted By: bgmg17

Re: BASS Elite Marshals - 02/27/15 01:03 AM

Been a Marshal on Toledo Bend, Falcon and Amistad. It is a great learning experience. You learn about the latest in equipment and techniques. Well worth the time and money, especially if it is a lake you will continue to fish.
Posted By: Fishinreelslow

Re: BASS Elite Marshals - 02/27/15 04:43 AM

I did it a few years ago. Was paired with Mike McClelland . A total learning experience. Very serious yet answered any questions you wanted to ask. Never fished a single place I fished on my home lake. I highly recommend doing it if the chance arrives. You will not regret it.
Posted By: JacksonBean

Re: BASS Elite Marshals - 02/27/15 02:15 PM

It's a great learning experience. I do it once a year but may have to miss Sacramento this year.

You'll come away with some great information.
Posted By: T Bird

Re: BASS Elite Marshals - 02/27/15 02:18 PM

Think I'd be bored to death watching someone else fish all day. sleep
Posted By: jimham82

Re: BASS Elite Marshals - 02/27/15 02:35 PM

I have ridden with Skeet Reese, Morizo Shimuzu, Shaw Grigsby and Ott DeFoe. When I got in the boat with Skeet he said "why did you sign up for this". I replied that I wanted to see how the big boys did it. His reply was "we do it just like you guys, we just make better decisions". I watched him pitch jigs in really tight places time after time. Ott threw topwaters under buckbrush in tight areas. Decisions and accuracy is the main thing I got out of them.
Posted By: Jason Gilstrap

Re: BASS Elite Marshals - 02/27/15 05:00 PM

We interview some of the Marshals at the Classic.

Posted By: Karl Dietz

Re: BASS Elite Marshals - 02/27/15 05:42 PM

I'm on the waiting list for the second Elite event at Lake Guntersville! I probably registered too late but I might get lucky!
Posted By: billclay

Re: BASS Elite Marshals - 02/28/15 12:18 PM

I live up north and I did it on Onieda Lake in 2012 and I'm going to do it on the Upper Chesapeake this summer. I should have done Cayuga Lake last year. I had a lot of fun. I rode with JVD, Dustin Wilks, and Cliff Prince. I'm not into tournament fishing, but it is really cool to really see how these guys approach and execute these events. It's like sitting right next to the home plate umpire during an MLB game.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum