Texas Fishing Forum

Using electronics question

Posted By: Mike Zachary

Using electronics question - 02/24/15 09:10 PM

Although I have fished for most my life, Im still pretty new to using my electronics to fish by. I end up fishing the structure and not the fish. I have gone with some guys that are quite good at their electronics but it seems they want the fish on the structure. How many of you guys find fish away from any obvious structure and just throw to the fish? Is this something Im missing? Ive got 6000 dollars worth of electronics on my rig and I honestly feel like Im missing out on some fish because I don't know when to throw to fish I see.
Posted By: TIM CLINE

Re: Using electronics question - 02/24/15 09:27 PM

Mike,
Depends on water body and the dominate offshore species! On Texoma it is hard to pinpoint in open water because of stripers! Which they are easy to identify and target once you find them! Broken Bow and Magee creek are lakes where you can target bass in open water as some will suspended in deep water. In many cases searching for the fish relating to structure and cover is more repeatable than open water fish not relating to anything!
Posted By: James Biggs

Re: Using electronics question - 02/24/15 10:18 PM

What Tim said +1
Posted By: MikeSouza

Re: Using electronics question - 02/25/15 12:08 AM

I agree with Tim, especially about Texoma.

I love fishing "video game" style and watching the fish eat the bait on my graph. It's one of my favorite deep winter and deep summer techniques. The easiest fish for me to catch doing this, are on deep humps, suspended in standing timber or bridge pilings.

If you are wanting to learn, hit Murray in the middle of summer and look for deep fish. With the numbers of fish in that lake, it makes it fun, especially when you can find a deep school of smallies.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum