Texas Fishing Forum

Portable Scale and Safe Culling

Posted By: jcombsiv

Portable Scale and Safe Culling - 02/23/15 05:46 AM

Any recommendations for a portable digital scale? Have seen multiple cases where the scale someone uses was way off the certified scale weight. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg but would like to get a decent one.

Also looking for a decent culling system. Any suggestions? And the bass mafia bag any good? Thanks in advance!

Posted By: D Thomas

Re: Portable Scale and Safe Culling - 02/23/15 06:02 AM

Here are a few I've used.
Accu Cull
34.99 at Tackle Warehouse
Ardent Smart Cull
39.99 at Tackle Warehouse
Duncan Just Keepers
24.99 at Tackle Warehouse. Zipper is really nice.

These should fix you up!
Posted By: MikeSouza

Re: Portable Scale and Safe Culling - 02/23/15 06:04 AM

Accu-cull is a good scale for $35

Cul-M-rite system is a great scale and culling system for around $200

I have both and they are within an ounce of each other on all fish we weigh
Posted By: Pumadon

Re: Portable Scale and Safe Culling - 02/23/15 06:22 AM

Cull m rite dead on accurate. A little expensive but real good.
Posted By: Karl Dietz

Re: Portable Scale and Safe Culling - 02/23/15 01:04 PM

Salter-Brecknell SA3N253 ElectroSamson Digital Hand Held Scale with LCD Display, 22lbs Capacity
Posted By: YankHardReelFast

Re: Portable Scale and Safe Culling - 02/23/15 01:44 PM

We've went through several brands of scales and this by far is the best one we've bought. It's pretty easy to use and it makes culling very easy since you can see all your weights at one time. We've got colored cull balls and have labeled each area on the scale with the corresponding color. For example, the first weight on the scale is red, the second weight is green, etc. Put your cull ball in, weight your fish and punch where you want to store that weight. Once you start to cull, weigh your fish, replace the lightest fish's weight on the scale and then grab that fish outta the live well and put his cull ball in the fish you just caught. Very simple.

One last thing...this is our second one of these in 4 years. Keep them in a safe dry place rather just throwing it in with your tackle boxes. They are a little sensitive to beatin' and bangin'.

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/rapala-t...ale&Ntk=All

Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Portable Scale and Safe Culling - 02/23/15 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By: YankHardReelFast
We've went through several brands of scales and this by far is the best one we've bought. It's pretty easy to use and it makes culling very easy since you can see all your weights at one time. We've got colored cull balls and have labeled each area on the scale with the corresponding color. For example, the first weight on the scale is red, the second weight is green, etc. Put your cull ball in, weight your fish and punch where you want to store that weight. Once you start to cull, weigh your fish, replace the lightest fish's weight on the scale and then grab that fish outta the live well and put his cull ball in the fish you just caught. Very simple.

One last thing...this is our second one of these in 4 years. Keep them in a safe dry place rather just throwing it in with your tackle boxes. They are a little sensitive to beatin' and bangin'.

http://www.academy.com/shop/pdp/rapala-t...ale&Ntk=All

Same one I have. Compaired it to a fellow TFFers yesterday. We hung my cara/Lews from them and got exactly the same reading on both scales. 10oz. I'd say that's close enough. Lol.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum