Texas Fishing Forum

Custom Fit Cover: Where and How Much $ To Expect to Spend

Posted By: Lee in Texas

Custom Fit Cover: Where and How Much $ To Expect to Spend - 02/21/15 08:00 PM

I have a cover for my rig it's under carport cover but, the dang cover is a 'generic' 18'. Good one, warranty for 7 years but, doesn't cover it or go on as easy as it should. The dang TM creates huge bulge.
What did ya'll do ?
thanks
God Bless
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Custom Fit Cover: Where and How Much $ To Expect to Spend - 02/21/15 08:13 PM

I'd say $400-$500 minimum for a quality custom
Posted By: NickHasty

Re: Custom Fit Cover: Where and How Much $ To Expect to Spend - 02/21/15 08:14 PM

http://www.auroracanvas.com/

I have one for my Champion, its a good cover...

I'm unsure of the cost, mine came with my boat.
Posted By: lakeforkfisherman

Re: Custom Fit Cover: Where and How Much $ To Expect to Spend - 02/21/15 08:56 PM

Lee, I had Dallas Canvas do mine (Farmers Branch). Was $1,200. If all your concerned about is the bulge and you keep it under carport, I would just buy an off-the-shelf one every 10 years for about $150 a pop. Just my $.02.

Re: Custom Fit Cover: Where and How Much $ To Expect to Spend - 02/21/15 10:12 PM

$1,200 OUCH! roflmao I may just have to live with the 'bulge'. Have never seen a custom fit cover on a bass boat, so I guess that they all have that for the TM.
Thanks pardner,
God Bless
Originally Posted By: lakeforkfisherman
Lee, I had Dallas Canvas do mine (Farmers Branch). Was $1,200. If all your concerned about is the bulge and you keep it under carport, I would just buy an off-the-shelf one every 10 years for about $150 a pop. Just my $.02.
Posted By: Chris B

Re: Custom Fit Cover: Where and How Much $ To Expect to Spend - 02/21/15 10:55 PM

I think Nolan's makes the best custom cover in dfw.

Re: Custom Fit Cover: Where and How Much $ To Expect to Spend - 02/21/15 11:25 PM

QUESTION: Don't factory fit covers cover the outboard engine as well? I have an engine cover but, it is a separate 'bag'. I think an all 'one piece' cover would be ideal that not only covers the boat and motor but the steering arms and cables to the engine being all sewn together.
Wrong ?
God Bless
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Custom Fit Cover: Where and How Much $ To Expect to Spend - 02/22/15 12:41 AM

Lee,
Aurora Canvas is having close out clearance on their covers, go to BBC and they put the list on there for what they have, they have a lot of them for 175 bucks
Posted By: JT Evans

Re: Custom Fit Cover: Where and How Much $ To Expect to Spend - 02/22/15 12:56 AM

I have a cover from a company out of SC that was designed for my Bass Cat Pantera Classic. It does have a motor cover but unfortunately covering the motor leaves a gap so after the wasp's moved in I stopped covering the motor and cinched it down to keep bugs and critters out.

It's canvas and I have extended its life by applying water repellent. Also I get foam pipe insulation from Lowes to cover sharp points like top of windscreens or trolling motor blades to prevent sharp wear spots.

I paid $250 for the cover and its lasted me 5 years I guess...
Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Re: Custom Fit Cover: Where and How Much $ To Expect to Spend - 02/22/15 01:03 AM

Lee there is a small shop down the street from me that does the work for some of these shops in keller/NRH area. They do exceptional work and are local. You can drop your boat off and they will custom make with top grade canvas and straps. Let me know and I can give you there number. Looking at anywhere between 400.00-600.00 avg. thanks
Posted By: fishinlance

Re: Custom Fit Cover: Where and How Much $ To Expect to Spend - 02/22/15 01:22 AM

Well Lee you know what they say that what boat means.BREAK OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND

Re: Custom Fit Cover: Where and How Much $ To Expect to Spend - 02/22/15 01:24 AM

Originally Posted By: fishinlance
Well Lee you know what they say that what boat means.BREAK OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND
bang Man I'm constantly learning the meaning of BOAT, over and over again.
God Bless
Posted By: fishinlance

Re: Custom Fit Cover: Where and How Much $ To Expect to Spend - 02/22/15 01:33 AM

Thank you,God luck on your quest.
Posted By: SkeeterRonnie

Re: Custom Fit Cover: Where and How Much $ To Expect to Spend - 02/22/15 03:59 AM

Nolans will come to u and make it
Posted By: D Thomas

Re: Custom Fit Cover: Where and How Much $ To Expect to Spend - 02/22/15 04:09 AM

Originally Posted By: Ranger1
Lee,
Aurora Canvas is having close out clearance on their covers, go to BBC and they put the list on there for what they have, they have a lot of them for 175 bucks

+1

Do this Lee. You won't find a better deal!

http://www.bbcboards.net/miscellaneous/574769-aurora-canvas-garage-sale-cover-section-%24175.html

Re: Custom Fit Cover: Where and How Much $ To Expect to Spend - 02/22/15 10:06 AM

Now that is unique and sounds GREAT!! Don't like the idea of having to totally unload, and then leave my rig somewhere.
That is a REALLY good idea. Thanks shipmate!!!
God Bless
Originally Posted By: SkeeterRonnie
Nolans will come to u and make it
Posted By: rowlettfisherman

Re: Custom Fit Cover: Where and How Much $ To Expect to Spend - 02/22/15 03:12 PM

sounds like a good custom cover is about half of your second talon you were talking about in a previous post. I have my boat under a carport like you so I don't see the need for a custom cover. just my .02

Re: Custom Fit Cover: Where and How Much $ To Expect to Spend - 02/22/15 03:14 PM

Cover to keep dirt, squirrels, and ?? out.
LOL, well looks like the Talon is only an idea that won't work.
Believe me, man I surely would love to have that 2nd one.
God Bless
Originally Posted By: rowlettfisherman
sounds like a good custom cover is about half of your second talon you were talking about in a previous post. I have my boat under a carport like you so I don't see the need for a custom cover. just my .02
Posted By: rowlettfisherman

Re: Custom Fit Cover: Where and How Much $ To Expect to Spend - 02/23/15 10:19 PM

I just use the bass pro cheapo cover under the carport. keeps everything out. If it wasn't under a carport I think I would get a better cover
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Custom Fit Cover: Where and How Much $ To Expect to Spend - 02/23/15 10:32 PM

My custom for the Skeeter FX21 was $1,950. Fits like a glove sand is great quality.
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: Custom Fit Cover: Where and How Much $ To Expect to Spend - 02/23/15 10:50 PM

This one came with my boat. It was around a grand from what the previous owner said. Had it fitted for a boat with a motor guide but left enough slack that was stitched up that I cut to fit the fortrex I added. has a drawstring in the back and attached motor cover. I've towed it and it is a great cover.

Re: Custom Fit Cover: Where and How Much $ To Expect to Spend - 02/23/15 10:54 PM

Really like that it extends down over each side of the boat some 12" or more. Looks like and from your description, more than accommodates the TM as well.
Really nice. $1k is a lot but then again, it is sure worth saving your rig and anything you have in it going down the highway!!!
Thanks shipmate, you have a good one!!
God Bless
Originally Posted By: SKEETER_MAN_225
This one came with my boat. It was around a grand from what the previous owner said. Had it fitted for a boat with a motor guide but left enough slack that was stitched up that I cut to fit the fortrex I added. has a drawstring in the back and attached motor cover. I've towed it and it is a great cover.

Posted By: Spyder_Jig

Re: Custom Fit Cover: Where and How Much $ To Expect to Spend - 02/23/15 11:38 PM

Hey Skeeter man. Is that a cover from American Canvas in Fort Worth? Lots of folks don't know about them but I've used them on all my boats. Hands down the best fit, materials, and overall craftsmanship. Others looks good to but once you've had the best....

Their site is americancanvasprod.com
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum