Texas Fishing Forum

Falcon?

Posted By: One fish Bill

Falcon? - 02/20/15 04:48 PM

Going to Falcon for the first time. I have 2 reels rigged w/17lb invisix, 2 w/20lb and 2 w/25lb. Should I take braid? If so what recommendations? Thanks, Bill
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Falcon? - 02/20/15 04:50 PM

20 and 25lb flouro all you need
Posted By: ma1950

Re: Falcon? - 02/20/15 05:51 PM

I'm not a guide or a Falcon local but I have fished Falcon an avg. of 6 times a year since 1977 and you can fish with floro there and catch 90% of your bites I have caught plenty in open water with 10lb big game but this time of year up in the brush with a flipping stick if you set the hook hard on that fish of a lifetime you will think you were using sewing thread I've seen it to many times take some braid.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Falcon? - 02/20/15 06:42 PM

i never go anywhere without braid...
Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Re: Falcon? - 02/20/15 06:56 PM

U can take braid to falcon and fish it as much as you want but I Gurantee you it will limit your bites. I've seen in every trip I've gone including last week. Took my grandather with me and for a day half I threw 25lb flouro he threw braid. Exact same baits, hooks and weights. He had 2 bites I had 13. I took the braid off and put him on flouro and he almost matched me fish for fish the rest of the week. I told him the whole time he was using braid to get rid of it but he HATE flouro. Guess he finally had enough because he told me "get this junk off Im sick of not getting bit". To each there own though.

And for the naysayers that don't believe me, get with Bassin Billy or Jersey Dan. they were both within normal talking distance of us the whole week and saw it all go down including me spooling his reel up.
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Falcon? - 02/20/15 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By: ChanceHuiet
U can take braid to falcon and fish it as much as you want but I Gurantee you it will limit your bites. I've seen in every trip I've gone including last week. Took my grandather with me and for a day half I threw 25lb flouro he threw braid. Exact same baits, hooks and weights. He had 2 bites I had 13. I took the braid off and put him on flouro and he almost matched me fish for fish the rest of the week. I told him the whole time he was using braid to get rid of it but he HATE flouro. Guess he finally had enough because he told me "get this junk off Im sick of not getting bit". To each there own though.

And for the naysayers that don't believe me, get with Bassin Billy or Jersey Dan. they were both within normal talking distance of us the whole week and saw it all go down including me spooling his reel up.

Agree 100%
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Falcon? - 02/20/15 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: horseplaydvm
Originally Posted By: ChanceHuiet

Agree 100%
Posted By: Reel-Deel

Re: Falcon? - 02/21/15 12:53 AM

I would take braid for 2 rods.. Squarebill and spinnerbait
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum