Texas Fishing Forum

Sears batteries

Posted By: Pearlandtexan

Sears batteries - 02/19/15 05:09 AM

What are ya'lls opinions on these, I need two new trolling motor batteries.
Pros and cons please
Posted By: Fishspanker

Re: Sears batteries - 02/19/15 11:12 AM

Platinum Diehard are Great batteries. High amp hour. You can run your trolling motor all day on them. Pretty pricey and heavy are the only two drawbacks.
Posted By: Frank the Tank

Re: Sears batteries - 02/19/15 11:29 AM

I have a buddy who won't run anything but Sear's batteries because of the 3 year warranty. Walk in with the bad battery, walk out with a new one.
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Sears batteries - 02/19/15 11:30 AM

Have Interstate now, are the Sears batteries really that much heavier? Like the three year warranty part for sure!!!
God Bless
Posted By: Puma 54

Re: Sears batteries - 02/19/15 11:39 AM

Over the past 30 years old bass fishing, I have tried many different brands and switched to Sears three years ago. I run three Diehard marine batteries for my TM and one Sears Platnum 31 series as my main battery.

They are heavy, especially the Platnum. The first Platnum I bought only lasted about 8 months but Sears replaced it free without any hassle. Since then, no issues with the replacement. Very powerful battery.

The Diehard deep cycles have been trouble free so far. I just took them all in two weeks to be tested and all tested fine.

Based on my experience, I would rate them amount the top brands.
Posted By: Puma Jim

Re: Sears batteries - 02/19/15 12:43 PM

Originally Posted By: Frank the Tank
I have a buddy who won't run anything but Sear's batteries because of the 3 year warranty. Walk in with the bad battery, walk out with a new one.
only ones I will use to. You could not give me interstate batteries free. Been there done that!
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Sears batteries - 02/19/15 02:20 PM

Sears PM1 and 3 Die Hard 31 last 3 years, no problems. thumb
Posted By: Allen Bass Fisher

Re: Sears batteries - 02/19/15 02:42 PM

Great battery! Had one in my old boat for starting, electronics AND my third (36V TM) trolling motor battery. Never had a problem in the two years I owned it. Sold the boat (to a buddy) 6 months ago and is still going strong.

As soon as they go on sale, I'll replace the starting/electronics battery in my new to me 2012 BassCat with one.

Re: Sears batteries - 02/19/15 02:55 PM

I have been waiting as well for them to go on sale. bouncy

Re: Sears batteries - 02/19/15 03:58 PM

Sears PM1 AGM 31 - 1150 CCA 205 RC - 3 year warranty, best battery on the market if you do not mind the weight 75lbs.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum