Texas Fishing Forum

Left handed Crank bait gag

Posted By: CubbyObrien

Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/18/15 03:15 PM

Ok,

I am new to the Boat owner end of Bass fishing (been in the back of the boat most of the time) and all, but who sent the guy to Academy on 820 in NRH to get a Left hand Crank bait? I almost lost it when he asked me to help him find one, he was frantic.I did try and clarify that he ment "Crank Bait" and not a rod and he was insistant that it was a lure and not a rod. We used to send new guys in the Army to the maintenance shed to get “Turn Signal” bulbs for our launchers or T.R.E.E (TR double E) batteries roflmao.

Sorry but I was almost in tears frkazoid before I walked out and I know I should have told him but its part of fishing life I guess. Hell, my buddy had me freaking out when we were getting boat checked (by a game warden) a long while ago about not having my Black Bass tag on my license.

Whoever you are, Well played and you made my month.
Posted By: Jim N

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/18/15 04:03 PM

LMAO......that's a good one....

When I was in the Corps.....worked mainly at airbases. An old joke there was to send someone for 20 yards of flightline.....they tried pulling it on me til I showed up with a couple sections of the corrugated metal they used for temp situations.....:P
Posted By: Topwater2

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/18/15 05:14 PM

We sent guys for a bucket of steam and a sky hook.
Posted By: Phototex

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/18/15 06:02 PM

In the Titan II missile business, we used to send newbies in to order new spark plugs for the diesel generator. Same thing.
Posted By: GarySHO

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/18/15 06:28 PM

muffler bearings
color coded safety wire
bolt shrink powder
Posted By: FMJshooter

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/18/15 06:31 PM

What about the poor sobs chasing trucks around the motor pools with trash bags trying to get exhaust samples. clap
Posted By: jseago

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/18/15 06:43 PM

bucket of curveballs in HS baseball practice
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/18/15 07:10 PM

I think they wiggle left to right instead of right to left
Posted By: Walls

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/18/15 07:54 PM

Restaurant business:
Send em to Walmart for a left handed spatula or send em "upstairs to get their uniform"....one story building.
Posted By: rxkid2001

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/18/15 08:25 PM

Grocery store: tell the new kid it's Italian night so go shake up all the Italian salad dressing to make it look good.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/18/15 08:49 PM

I tell my guys to get me my left handed screwdriver and left handed wrench all the time. Lol.

And a 6x9 hole saw.
Posted By: T-Rig Ranger

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/18/15 08:50 PM

Chem-lite batteries
Or we would send them to someone specific that was say a staff sergeant and have them ask for a Prick-E6
Posted By: EastTexasBassin

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/18/15 09:52 PM

Some crankbaits are a little left handed right out of the package, but a slight adjustment to the tie ring fixes that.
Posted By: CubbyObrien

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/18/15 11:29 PM

Lol that's some funny stuff
Posted By: Rayzor

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/19/15 12:00 AM

Metric crescent wrenches.
Posted By: BoneDiamond

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/19/15 12:11 AM

First day Ag class go get the board stretcher.
Posted By: M. Massoletti

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/19/15 12:42 AM

Don't forget to send them to Brigade supply for a 5 gallon bucket of rotor wash.
Posted By: T 4 FISH

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/19/15 01:57 AM

Sent a guy up in a tower crane with 5 gallons of diesel, told him it was out. They're electric, crane operator said what are you doing up here?
Posted By: Mo_Cat

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/19/15 02:07 AM

Told my apprentice just last week he put the fuse in upside down. He took it out and turned it end for end.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/19/15 02:20 AM

Ummmm. My SnapOn adjustable wrenches have SAE on one side and Metric on the other side. Haha.
Posted By: Jacob

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/19/15 02:22 AM

When I was in high school band, we told a kid that it was his responsibility to have loaded the Fallopian tubing to the game to fill the water coolers. He looked everywhere. We finally told him to go ask the director where it was. Best thing was the director caught on to what we were doing and played right along. It was awesome.
Posted By: JACKTHE

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/19/15 02:55 PM

You know, I really do have left and right handed crank baits.
Posted By: Bruce's

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/19/15 03:03 PM

I bet the guy killed whom ever sent him, once he figured it out.

Originally Posted By: JACKTHE
You know, I really do have left and right handed crank baits.

I have a box with them marked, some times they just dont tune right, so i use them as rights or lefts , for flipping docks, ans such.
Posted By: Alex K.

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/19/15 03:08 PM

When I was a diesel mechanic we'd always ask the new guys to go get us some Jake brake fluid. Or ask them if he topped off the clutch fluid (on an obviously mechanical clutch). The funniest part was half the time they replied with "oh yeah, it's full."
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/19/15 03:12 PM

Left handed pipe wrench... Headlight fluid to a woman one time lol
Posted By: COWBOYSFAN008

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/19/15 03:17 PM

wait a minute, so Ive been useing the wrong hand lures this whole time? That probably explains why I havent been catching fish. And I thought it was just my skills.
Posted By: 1FishinFool

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/19/15 03:50 PM

Get 4 pigs and paint 1,2,3 and 5 on them, turn them loose in Wal Mart and watch security look for number 4!
Posted By: Scoundrel

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/19/15 11:19 PM

I get on to the youngsters in the office that they "put the copy paper in upside down".
Posted By: NiceCatch

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/19/15 11:46 PM

we would have them go get a crescent so we could change the spark plugs on the diesel rig............they would crawl around under that engine for 30 mins or more.
Posted By: krankb8

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/21/15 03:25 PM

Pre-dug post holes, board stretchers, and Liquid nail hammers. All things we sent new guys to find in the hardware business.
Posted By: catslayer

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/21/15 08:40 PM

Liquid nail hammer is good
Posted By: snmcc

Re: Left handed Crank bait gag - 02/21/15 11:10 PM

K9pee

If anyone has ever worked on old helicopters in the Navy. Each seat has a sound powered phone...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum