Texas Fishing Forum

Classic temps

Posted By: airforcefishin

Classic temps - 02/18/15 02:58 PM

looks like Thursday night is getting down to -16 degrees and the high on Friday is 10 degrees. Saturday&Sunday is 20-30 degrees with snow. Man that is some tough conditions. I just watched a couple of their videos on Facebook. Seeing some space heaters in the boats.

What you guys think the conditions will do to the fishing and who you think will be around the top of the leader board? Putting bets on Cliff Pace being around the top.
Posted By: bigfishtx

Re: Classic temps - 02/18/15 03:17 PM

That's some fine conditions to be fishing in! woot Especially the snow/rain on Saturday and Sunday grin.

I'm betting Pace, Christie and Ashley will be guys at the top of the leaderboard.

The fish? Who knows, but those guys know how to catch 'em in all conditions. I'm betting whoever stays in contact with the herring will do the best.
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Classic temps - 02/18/15 04:20 PM

That's why they make the big bucks!
Deep brush piles will be the key. Ashley will win big.
Posted By: Okhissa2

Re: Classic temps - 02/18/15 04:22 PM

Originally Posted By: horseplaydvm
That's why they make the big bucks!
Deep brush piles will be the key. Ashley will win big.
+1
Posted By: JC Skeeter

Re: Classic temps - 02/18/15 04:55 PM

Where can we watch it live?
Posted By: Kisndismis

Re: Classic temps - 02/18/15 05:01 PM

I have been watching the blog, seems blue bird skies today, and CCCOOOLLLDD. But as mentioned, these guys catch them in all conditions, that why they are in a $300K first place tourney. I find it more interesting the guys that blank, and that 1st place and 5th place are separated by 10 or more lbs. Its like lightning in a bottle, takes luck for sure. Even for us weekend warriors, someone always finds them, most dont.
Posted By: HatCamBass

Re: Classic temps - 02/18/15 06:04 PM

Looking forward to this!

Of course that's very easy to say when I get to follow the action from my couch.
Posted By: Rockie Martin

Re: Classic temps - 02/18/15 06:28 PM

Originally Posted By: angler15
Posted By: Bissett

Re: Classic temps - 02/18/15 07:12 PM

I don't think I would even be crappie fishing in a heated dock in that kind of weather. Maybe if they were realllly biting.. lol
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Classic temps - 02/18/15 07:25 PM

scared
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Classic temps - 02/18/15 07:29 PM

I would bet most of 'em think tougher the better is what they want......

Re: Classic temps - 02/18/15 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Okie Poke

That's what I always hope for. I don't like em too tough though! I just think for the fans we like to see a good whackfest
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Classic temps - 02/18/15 07:45 PM

Crowds wont be as big on the water.
Posted By: Mike Keenan

Re: Classic temps - 02/18/15 07:52 PM

Originally Posted By: Bissett

That's what I always hope for. I don't like em too tough though! I just think for the fans we like to see a good whackfest

Sounds kind of sexual there bolt

Re: Classic temps - 02/18/15 08:58 PM

Originally Posted By: Mike Keenan
Originally Posted By: Bissett

Sounds kind of sexual there bolt

I think of that every time I say it! and I continue to use the phrase haha. It takes a really good day of fishing for me to use that word.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Classic temps - 02/18/15 10:22 PM

Whackfest smackfest.......I want some breakfast! We'll be whackin 'em tomorrow. And we may even go fishing, too!
Posted By: T CLIMER

Re: Classic temps - 02/19/15 12:06 AM

I'm here now and been to lake lots of ice and snow , trees covered in ice and calling for more sat and Sunday,the weather here tonight -5 with a wind chill of -15 to -20 it is dangerously Cold, I hope all involved be safe!
Posted By: horseplaydvm

Re: Classic temps - 02/19/15 01:08 AM

I think the biggest money maker for this years Classic will be portable propane heaters! flame
Posted By: Tyler.Woods

Re: Classic temps - 02/19/15 02:03 AM

Bets on Ashley and his brushpiles!
Posted By: redskeeter190

Re: Classic temps - 02/19/15 12:51 PM

I'll be there with my school's fishing club....if we can get out....tons of ice here in Knoxville..we've been out of school ALL week.....
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Classic temps - 02/19/15 02:38 PM

Originally Posted By: T CLIMER
I'm here now and been to lake lots of ice and snow , trees covered in ice and calling for more sat and Sunday,the weather here tonight -5 with a wind chill of -15 to -20 it is dangerously Cold, I hope all involved be safe!

Hey Tommy, you stay warm buddy.. flame I'd bet money you're working the Dobyns booth, say howdy to Gary and Stan for me would ya. Wish I was with y'all, keep us up on current events if you get the time....
Be safe up there..!!!
Posted By: Kay Dyson

Re: Classic temps - 02/19/15 02:40 PM

Originally Posted By: Rockie Martin
Originally Posted By: angler15

+1 Other than BassCam's I can't find anything...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum