Texas Fishing Forum

FOX4 News and EM ..

Posted By: Lee in Texas

FOX4 News and EM .. - 02/18/15 01:22 PM

Aggravating when FOX4 News/Weather shows a morning shot of Eagle Mountain Lake ...and it's my home lake and CAN NOT EVEN LAUNCH A BOAT THEIR!!! ARrghhhhhhh.... bang
God Bless
Posted By: bush hog

Re: FOX4 News and EM .. - 02/18/15 01:25 PM

Easy there Mr. Lee, You're gonna bust something loose.

Re: FOX4 News and EM .. - 02/18/15 01:26 PM

bang Your right... dang DROUGHT!!! Praying for RAIN
God Bless
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: FOX4 News and EM .. - 02/18/15 01:45 PM

Yep. My wife and I think it's sad. They used to show a camera shot all the time of a boat house about 6' out of the water. And then comment on how pretty the sunrise was! ??????

Edit: don't know if it was the same lake as yours. But still

Re: FOX4 News and EM .. - 02/18/15 01:48 PM

Have you noticed how bad they are at forecasting weather lately?

Re: FOX4 News and EM .. - 02/18/15 01:52 PM

Yes, I like Fox4 News but I do NOT like their weatherman (Evan ???)! You can easily tell he is NOT from here and talks a LOT about places up North!
For weather, I change channels to channel 5
Your right on he's not very accurate either.

Pretty sunrise, fails to mention how terribly LOW the lake is!!!
God Bless
Posted By: RangerBass21

Re: FOX4 News and EM .. - 02/18/15 01:53 PM

Evan the weatherman on fox 4 news reminds me of brick the weatherman off of the movie anchorman roflmao

Re: FOX4 News and EM .. - 02/18/15 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: RangerBass21
Evan the weatherman on fox 4 news reminds me of brick the weatherman off of the movie anchorman roflmao

Haha. No [censored]. For real. He is pretty bad.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: FOX4 News and EM .. - 02/18/15 02:21 PM

The CBS weatherman is my neighbor. I don't watch local news, especially not for weather, but he is a very nice guy. No idea how accurate he is.
Posted By: Nathan "Bull" Montgomery

Re: FOX4 News and EM .. - 02/18/15 08:01 PM

Weatherman and accurate don't even belong in the same sentence together! I don't care who you're watching! lol

Re: FOX4 News and EM .. - 02/18/15 08:03 PM

Hey, roflmao it's Texas! He ought to be at least 50% accurate. This guy is NOT!!
JMO
God Bless
Posted By: steven gillock

Re: FOX4 News and EM .. - 02/18/15 08:25 PM

one of my old fishing partners use to say if you don't like the weather in Texas
wait 15 minutes it WILL CHANGE
and
whatever the weatherman says wind speed will be ADD 10 mph
Posted By: bush hog

Re: FOX4 News and EM .. - 02/18/15 11:25 PM

There should be a rule somewhere that says a weatherman has to be sitting in a boat in the middle of a big lake when he predicts the weather (especially wind speed and direction) ha!

Re: FOX4 News and EM .. - 02/18/15 11:29 PM

Man that sure seems truth. I'm so new at this so far, only got to the ramp at EM one time (Ft. Worth Anglers Club) quick look and decided nah, it just ain't worth it. Waited for two hours, gave up fishing for that day. Weatherman said, light/variable winds. "Light/Variable my Tush"!!! EM was white capping about two feet!!
I'm sure it happens to everyone some time....so much for depending on a weatherperson!!
God Bless
Originally Posted By: steven gillock
one of my old fishing partners use to say if you don't like the weather in Texas
wait 15 minutes it WILL CHANGE
and
Posted By: Flyer

Re: FOX4 News and EM .. - 02/19/15 03:07 AM

HAHA ... reminds me of a couple of weeks ago we went to a local small lake. The weather was forecasted to be pretty cool (don't remember the temps), and light and variable winds (9mph sticks out in my mind) and partly cloudy.

We got there early and all was as to be expected. About the time the clouds broke we noticed the wind was probably pushing 15. It clouded right back over quicker than they broke, stayed that way and the wind picked up. It was probably pushing 30mph straight out of the south. The lake runs north and south and we were on the north end. That was a rough ride back to the ramp. I really felt bad for the poor fellas in a jon boat. You could see the disappear in the white caps.
Posted By: Bass98

Re: FOX4 News and EM .. - 02/19/15 04:07 AM

Originally Posted By: steven gillock

This! If the wind is predicted to be over 12 mph I know I will be on the T-motor a bunch lol.
Posted By: JPeel

Re: FOX4 News and EM .. - 02/19/15 01:18 PM

I don't understand why an outdoors person would rely on the weather forecast they got from the tv news.

There are much better sources of weather information.

Re: FOX4 News and EM .. - 02/19/15 01:21 PM

Well, don't think I am the only one. Seriously?
In looking at new models of fish finders, noticed HB USED to have something called, Weather Sense. Seems that must not have worked out very well....no longer offered.
Guess ?? Must not have worked...
God Bless
Posted By: Jobucko

Re: FOX4 News and EM .. - 02/19/15 02:12 PM

A senior fisherman I know told me that his rule of thumb for determining what the wind speed will be is to ADD the weather forecast's high and low speeds together. I have found his method to be pretty reliable.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum