Texas Fishing Forum

Cowboy division BFL

Posted By: Mark McWha

Cowboy division BFL - 02/17/15 01:42 AM

The priority entry deadline for the 1st Cowboy division BFL on Sam Rayburn is Tuesday Feb. 17. Call 270-252-1000 tomorrow after 10:00 am to enter.

Re: Cowboy division BFL - 02/17/15 02:31 PM

The office will be open at 10:00 this morning.
Posted By: John Anderson

Re: Cowboy division BFL - 02/17/15 06:16 PM

Super nice ladies at FLW answering the phone... always willing to help. Just got signed up and looking forward to a good day on the water...

270-252-1000
Posted By: The Rich Inc.

Re: Cowboy division BFL - 02/17/15 06:24 PM

I cant say enough good things about the ladies at the office. Always very helpful and no question is a dumb question, and you cant ask too many questions haha. Mark is a pretty great tournament director as well. I just got my confirmation for the BFL, and the rayovac.
Posted By: RangerBass21

Re: Cowboy division BFL - 02/17/15 06:26 PM

I'll never fish bfl or rayovac again as being a co angler, that sucked, only as a boater.

Re: Cowboy division BFL - 02/17/15 07:07 PM

Rangerbass21 - I guess I am lucky I have never had a bad draw. Had one older gentlemen call me "Boy" ONCE. I am 6'6" 245lbs and he wasn't. However that is my only experience that I would say was bad and it really wasn't bad he was just looking for his boundary and he found it haha. I will switch over to the boater side maybe next year though and see how it goes.

Re: Cowboy division BFL - 02/17/15 07:18 PM

Originally Posted By: The Rich Inc.
Rangerbass21 - I guess I am lucky I have never had a bad draw. Had one older gentlemen call me "Boy" ONCE. I am 6'6" 245lbs and he wasn't. However that is my only experience that I would say was bad and it really wasn't bad he was just looking for his boundary and he found it haha. I will switch over to the boater side maybe next year though and see how it goes.

No bad draws, I've only did couple times last year, I just hate having fish back of the boat and only bringing couple rods and a bag of gear.

Re: Cowboy division BFL - 02/17/15 07:30 PM

I have learned to retie so fast. I honestly feel that most of the tournaments I could do just fine with one rod. Of course I wouldn't want to limit myself however if it happened and I had to I could make due. And how many times have you brought your bag and ended up only using two or three baits...Only reason I do not do boater side now is my boat does not have 2 livewells and it doesn't have a separator in it frown
Posted By: YankHardReelFast

Re: Cowboy division BFL - 02/17/15 08:01 PM

I have learned to retie so fast. I honestly feel that most of the tournaments I could do just fine with one rod. Of course I wouldn't want to limit myself however if it happened and I had to I could make due. And how many times have you brought your bag and ended up only using two or three baits...Only reason I do not do boater side now is my boat does not have 2 livewells and it doesn't have a separator in it frown

Boy, you can fish as a boater with only one livewell. I have the divider out of my livewell. I use cull balls in every fish and every co-angler that has fished with me also uses cull balls....so the fish can "mingle" and it doesn't hurt a thing.

Re: Cowboy division BFL - 02/17/15 08:02 PM

Originally Posted By: YankHardReelFast

Boy, you can fish as a boater with only one livewell. I have the divider out of my livewell. I use cull balls in every fish and every co-angler that has fished with me also uses cull balls....so the fish can "mingle" and it doesn't hurt a thing.

Just remember what colors or numbers is yours roflmao

Re: Cowboy division BFL - 02/17/15 08:44 PM

Yankhardreelfast - I have been under the impression that you had to have separate live wells. I will have to find out about that. I have a 1999 Triton and it just has one livewell and its not really that big of a well haha.
Posted By: Jigaholic

Re: Cowboy division BFL - 02/17/15 09:35 PM

does any boater need a last sec link? I just decided to fish as a co-angler.

Re: Cowboy division BFL - 02/17/15 10:12 PM

Yankhardreelfast - I have been under the impression that you had to have separate live wells. I will have to find out about that. I have a 1999 Triton and it just has one livewell and its not really that big of a well haha.

You make second guess myself so I had to double check the rules...here is what it says on the FLW site pertaining to BFL touraments:

11. BOAT AND HORSEPOWER REGULATION • All boats must be propeller-driven, a minimum of 16 feet in length and have a rear deck (with a seat if requested). All boats must be equipped with wheel steering; no other steering device will be permitted. No barges or similarly cumbersome craft will be permitted. Each boat must have all required U.S. Coast Guard safety equipment. Boats must contain a properly aerated livewell space to maintain alive a limit catch of bass by both contestants. Maximum horsepower for all outboards used in tournament competition will be 250 horsepower, not to exceed the horsepower capacity set forth on the “Maximum Capacities” placard described below. Each boat must have a clearly legible “Maximum Capacities” (or comparably titled) placard that includes a maximum horsepower rating affixed to the boat by the manufacturer. The horsepower of the outboard engine must not exceed the maximum horsepower capacity specified on this placard or the 250-horsepower maximum set by FLW. By signing the entry form, contestants agree to submit their boat and/or motor to an inspection by FLW personnel. Falsifying information on entry forms or altering the horsepower numbers on the motor or rating placard will be cause for disqualification from the tournament and may result in ineligibility to compete in future FLW tournaments. Fishing platforms must be factory-installed equipment. No portable platforms may be used in tournament competition. Fuel may be carried only in factory-installed (built-in) fuel tanks. Any additional fuel used during the tournament day must be purchased from a retail facility open to the public and pumped through a hose with a nozzle. The use of generators, other than solar or wind-powered generators, is prohibited in contestant boats during tournament hours on all competition days.

Re: Cowboy division BFL - 02/18/15 10:13 PM

There's still room for several boaters. We have approximately 30 co anglers on the waiting list. Let's ger these guys on the water. Call 270-252-1000 to enter.
Posted By: BMCD

Re: Cowboy division BFL - 02/18/15 11:21 PM

Long range weather forecast looks appealing for this tournament..... said no one.

Re: Cowboy division BFL - 02/19/15 11:47 PM

Sunny and 61?? I'll take it.

Re: Cowboy division BFL - 02/20/15 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By: BMCD
Long range weather forecast looks appealing for this tournament..... said no one.

What???

Re: Cowboy division BFL - 02/20/15 03:39 AM

Looks good!!

Re: Cowboy division BFL - 02/22/15 04:53 AM

© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum