Texas Fishing Forum

M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge

Posted By: DoyceM

M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/13/15 09:53 PM

Good segment featuring Mark Pack's M-Pack jigs on today's show. Think Scott made a believer out to Jacob Wheeler. He seemed really impressed by how well they come thru thick cover without hanging up and how well they hook fish. Way to go Packman!!!

Doyce
Posted By: airforcefishin

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/13/15 11:56 PM

Pack is one of the best guys I have met. He has been very helpful to my jig fishing success. (hints the signature picture) All I can say is the Pb&j color does not work. Try something else bolt
Posted By: armadillo joe

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/14/15 12:29 AM

It is just great seeing Mark doing so good he has had enough adversity in his life and has really bounced back with these jigs. I sent a friend in McMinnville Tn a couple and he just said wow why didn't I think of that.
Posted By: northdallasfisherman

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/14/15 04:08 AM

Wat to go Mark
Posted By: northdallasfisherman

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/14/15 04:12 AM

Way to go Mark
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/14/15 09:11 AM

Are the baits only available on website or are they now available in stores? LOL, hopefully somewhere in the 'MetroMess'??
Great idea, finally a jig with a 'real' weed guard !!
God Bless
Posted By: papamark

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/14/15 11:17 AM

Lee, Fun and Sun carries them

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/14/15 11:19 AM

Originally Posted By: papamark
Lee, Fun and Sun carries them
OK thumb Never been there but, sounds like I am about to.
What city are they in? Maybe you have an address? If not, guess I can 'Google' them
Thanks Mark
God Bless
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/14/15 02:33 PM

Fun N Sun has a store in Hurst, I believe, Lee.
Posted By: Hole Shot

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/15/15 01:50 PM

Just watched it. thumb
Posted By: Rick61

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/15/15 01:57 PM

Easier to just go to his website and order there

http://mpacklures.com/

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/15/15 02:03 PM

Think you may be right. Going to call, Monday I guess and find out if there is a minimum $ amount to get cheaper or free shipping. roflmao Guess that fully qualifies me as a 'cheapskate'....
God Bless
Posted By: Slade

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/15/15 03:50 PM

Tackle warehouse
Posted By: Whitehog29

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/15/15 04:26 PM

The website is the best place to order them and you directly support M-Pack that way. Their service is top notch and turn around on orders quick.
Posted By: REAL ESTATE MAN

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/16/15 01:59 AM

I ordered a few last week. Looking forward to trying them out!
Posted By: krawlin 47

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/16/15 02:34 AM

Great Baits, awesome people!
Posted By: JDamage

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/16/15 05:28 AM

You can buy them At Fun & Sun as well as Fishin World in Dallas.
Posted By: BigShowTexan

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/16/15 02:17 PM

I quit using flipping jigs a few years ago simply because I rarely was able to fish them very long without losing them. I ordered some of these last week. To my surprise the showed up 2 days later. I decided to try them out this weekend. I fished trees exclusively for almost 2 hours. Caught one fish and didn't lose it. I was very impressed!! Hopefully this will restore my faith in jigs.
Posted By: CCTX

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/16/15 02:26 PM

Will have to stop by Fishin' World to pick some up.
Posted By: Slade

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/17/15 01:16 AM

Nice to see Jacob Wheeler finally learned to wear his hat like a man.....
Posted By: boeing driver

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/17/15 11:38 PM

So what do you do when the small rubber keeper breaks? Without it, the jig is essentially useless. Might be nice if an extra one or two were included with each $7 jig.

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/17/15 11:51 PM

oh, REALLY good question. So, what then?

Originally Posted By: boeing driver
So what do you do when the small rubber keeper breaks? Without it, the jig is essentially useless. Might be nice if an extra one or two were included with each $7 jig.
Posted By: 921 Phoenix

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/18/15 12:00 AM

You can buy a pack of nothing but rubbers for a few dollars to have extra

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/18/15 01:34 AM

These didn't appear to be the standard skirt collars to me. Where can I get this particular type of "keeper"?
Posted By: DoyceM

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/18/15 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By: 921 Phoenix

You can buy a pack of nothing but rubbers for a few dollars to have extra

Yep. Structure guard bands are available on Mark's site in both black and white for $3.99 a pack. 10 to a pack if I am not mistaken. I have only had to replace one band that I damaged myself changing out trailer.
BTW, Swim jig head sans skirt makes a great swim bait head for a LFT 5" Magic Shad.
Posted By: MARK PACK

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/18/15 01:51 AM

These didn't appear to be the standard skirt collars to me. Where can I get this particular type of "keeper"?

Here you go.....http://mpacklures.com/product-category/structure-band/

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/18/15 01:56 AM

$3.99 for a package of 10 rubber bands!!!! WHAT ? Surely I am not reading that right! bang
At $6.99 a jig and THEN ANOTHER $3.99? I don't think so....man, and I was sold on this jig.....until now!
God Bless
Posted By: Billy_Lawson

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/18/15 02:04 AM

lee, i think your kind of missing something here. you will hang and lose a fraction of the jigs. i have yet to have any issues with the band wearing or breaking and i fish a lot of jigs. i was making my own jigs for a very minimum cost and bought these because i spend much more time in the fishing area vs getting unhung and once you buy the colors and sizes you desire your done buying, i'm sure some have but i have yet to lose one
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/18/15 02:07 AM

the Emperor is wearing nothing at all...
Posted By: skins84

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/18/15 02:16 AM

Lee, I may be wrong but I don't see you having to change that band very often. The one that comes on it should last a long time. I wouldn't let it sway me on the jig.

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/18/15 02:26 AM

Awesome, thanks DoyceM

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/18/15 02:26 AM

Ok, I'm still new at this stuff. Ya'll think that highly of these jigs with his unique weed guard huh?
roflmao Lord, Maybe I'm just old and 'cheap'. I know the few times I have thrown a jig, Lord I get hung up that's for sure.
Ok, maybe I'll try, IDK, maybe 6. Won't be the end of the world if I just lost those.
Did ya'll buy those rubber band things to?
Thanks for your replys...
God Bless

Originally Posted By: smd to all fish
lee, i think your kind of missing something here. you will hang and lose a fraction of the jigs. i have yet to have any issues with the band wearing or breaking and i fish a lot of jigs. i was making my own jigs for a very minimum cost and bought these because i spend much more time in the fishing area vs getting unhung and once you buy the colors and sizes you desire your done buying, i'm sure some have but i have yet to lose one

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/18/15 03:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Lee in Texas
Ok, I'm still new at this stuff. Ya'll think that highly of these jigs with his unique weed guard huh?
roflmao Lord, Maybe I'm just old and 'cheap'. I know the few times I have thrown a jig, Lord I get hung up that's for sure.
Ok, maybe I'll try, IDK, maybe 6. Won't be the end of the world if I just lost those.
Did ya'll buy those rubber band things to?
Thanks for your replys...
God Bless

Originally Posted By: smd to all fish

Lee I have been fishing this jig for a number of years. The only one I have lose/broken is one that I had fish so long it dry rotted. Lee other then that I haven't lost one in three years.

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/18/15 03:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Lee in Texas
$3.99 for a package of 10 rubber bands!!!! WHAT ? Surely I am not reading that right! bang
At $6.99 a jig and THEN ANOTHER $3.99? I don't think so....man, and I was sold on this jig.....until now!
God Bless

Lee this was what was first used for this product you can use them, they are a little harder to get on at first. Lee you can get 50 for 3.99 at bass pro shop or 100 for 3.99 at mudhole

http://www.mudhole.com/Lure-Building/Skirts-Skirt-Making-Materials/Rubber-Skirt-Collars

http://www.basspro.com/Skirt-Collars/product/73217/
Posted By: CCTX

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/18/15 03:27 PM

Well I picked some up at Fishin' World yesterday (they had a good selection of the flipping and football head models)--really well built and excellent color schemes, can't wait to throw them next to some timber.
Posted By: Stax®

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/18/15 04:40 PM

Originally Posted By: krawlin 47
Great Baits, awesome people!

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/18/15 07:45 PM

Man, ya'll have done it now... roflmao Can't wait to get some (M-Pack jigs) and out on the water!!! Hopefully this is the last 'shot' of very cold weather and winter.
I'm ready for springtime and RAIN, LOTS and LOTS of RAIN!!!
God Bless

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/19/15 01:22 AM

Jigs: It sounds like these are pretty much an all through the year bait to use. Is that a true statement?
Man I wish it would either RAIN and/or warm up.
Ready to make final mods to my rig and go fishing
God Bless
Posted By: Billy_Lawson

Re: M-Pack lures on Scott Martin Challenge - 02/19/15 03:31 AM

right now is the best time for me with jigs, it's when i use them the most, but for sure have one ready to go all year. deep summer fish will eat them good too
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum