Texas Fishing Forum

Ford megabass tournament

Posted By: Bobby Milam

Ford megabass tournament - 02/13/15 01:18 AM

I haven't been to Fork in a long time, definitely before the low water. I signed up for the megabass and now am wondering how that is going to work at LFM. Trailering, which is allowed just doesn't seem feasible for hourly weigh ins. Has anyone heard any news on what to expect? I have already paid for it and taken time off from work so I hope it doesn't get postponed.
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Ford megabass tournament - 02/13/15 01:20 AM

Rain or shine, it will happen!
Posted By: Lil' Louie

Re: Ford megabass tournament - 02/13/15 02:42 AM

It was pretty much miserable last year. The show will go on
Posted By: KB1953

Re: Ford megabass tournament - 02/13/15 02:48 AM

1700 entries.
Posted By: RangerBass21

Re: Ford megabass tournament - 02/13/15 02:54 AM

I'm in it, just gotta fight the crowd and the guys weighing 1.4-1.9 lbers
Posted By: YankHardReelFast

Re: Ford megabass tournament - 02/13/15 03:18 AM

Trailering doesn't effect you weighing in for the hourly prizes. The cove at LFM still has plenty of water to beach your boat right there and walk up to weigh in your fish.

All tournaments are what you make them. If you go there with a bad attitude then you're not gonna enjoy it. Go there with a friendly, positive attitude and you'll have a good time - win, lose or draw.
Posted By: Champion1

Re: Ford megabass tournament - 02/13/15 03:40 AM

I always trailer to weighin. Its alot faster for me but i fish a long way off.
Posted By: Nutman

Re: Ford megabass tournament - 02/13/15 01:23 PM

Originally Posted By: YankHardReelFast
Trailering doesn't effect you weighing in for the hourly prizes. The cove at LFM still has plenty of water to beach your boat right there and walk up to weigh in your fish.

All tournaments are what you make them. If you go there with a bad attitude then you're not gonna enjoy it. Go there with a friendly, positive attitude and you'll have a good time - win, lose or draw.

YHRF --- I thought you just fished down South, ???
are you up here fishing in my neck of the woods ?
Last time I went in there was for the Berkley back in October and it was pretty low then.
Then I started going down and fishing that WONDERFUL bass lake Sam Rayburn.....that was fun.
Think I'll just stick to Fork & Falcon.

I'm going to check out the LFM cove this weekend, I'll post on what it looks like.
Posted By: YankHardReelFast

Re: Ford megabass tournament - 02/13/15 01:39 PM

Originally Posted By: Nutman
Originally Posted By: YankHardReelFast

YHRF --- I thought you just fished down South, ???
are you up here fishing in my neck of the woods ?
Last time I went in there was for the Berkley back in October and it was pretty low then.
Then I started going down and fishing that WONDERFUL bass lake Sam Rayburn.....that was fun.
Think I'll just stick to Fork & Falcon.

I'm going to check out the LFM cove this weekend, I'll post on what it looks like.

There's a couple events a year that I fish on Fork...they are just too good to not fish.
Posted By: RangerBass21

Re: Ford megabass tournament - 02/13/15 01:42 PM

I remember fishing the mcdonalds circus when the lake was 6-7 feet low and the marina cove was fine, you shoes just got muddy and wet
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum