Texas Fishing Forum

Shakey Head Worm

Posted By: SlowDown

Shakey Head Worm - 02/12/15 06:51 PM

Questions for those of you that fish with a shakey head: 1) what is your favorite worm to fish on a shakey head jig? 2) do you ever use the little 4" drop shot worms on a shakey head? I haven't had much luck with the shakey head technique and am not sure why. Have watched several youtube videos that show how to work it. Am thinking maybe I'm not using a worm that the fish like.
Posted By: RiveraTackleCo.

Re: Shakey Head Worm - 02/12/15 06:55 PM

...Hags F5 tornado....good colors for me: chartreuse pepper, Green pumpkin dipped tail in spike it chartreuse, watermelon/chartreuse, California red. Nope I don't use 4" worms for shaky...these float all day...Also, E2 baits needle worm...chartreuse pepper, green pumpkin...these flat out float all day and give action with small shakes of the rod tip...
Posted By: Jaguar6

Re: Shakey Head Worm - 02/12/15 06:58 PM

I throw a Zoom Mag Finesse worm on it. They make a 5" and a 7". I usually stick with the 5" because its big enough. My favorite color is Junebug for day and night.
Posted By: jwatts77

Re: Shakey Head Worm - 02/12/15 07:00 PM

Originally Posted By: CarlosRivera
...Hags F5 tornado....good colors for me: chartreuse pepper, Green pumpkin dipped tail in spike it chartreuse, watermelon/chartreuse, California red. Nope I don't use 4" worms for shaky...these float all day...Also, E2 baits needle worm...chartreuse pepper, green pumpkin...these flat out float all day and give action with small shakes of the rod tip...

+1 on both Hag's and E2!!! Tommy makes an excellent ring style bait and for those times you want a smaller profile Howard's Needle Worms are excellent as well! thumb
Posted By: Bass Bug

Re: Shakey Head Worm - 02/12/15 07:04 PM

1/8 owner shaky head

Robowom in Arons magic

10 lb Flouro leader about 4- 5 foot long tied to 14 lb braid, St Croix Premier ML Spinning Rd, Shimano Saros 2500 reel,

Re: Shakey Head Worm - 02/12/15 07:52 PM

Thanks to all for your replies. Bass Bug, I have that exact worm, Roboworm 6" Aaron's Magic, that I use on a drop shot rig. So, I guess this is a case where a worm that's used on a drop shot is also used on a shakey head jig. I will try it and have made notes on the other worms recommended, i.e. Hags F5 tornado, E2 Baits needleworm, Howards Needleworm, and others.
Posted By: bigbass94

Re: Shakey Head Worm - 02/12/15 11:01 PM

Picasso Shakedown

The best shakey head I've found

Yamamoto Pro senko

This is the best worm for this application. However, I've found Roboworms and Zoom Finesse worms work well too.
Posted By: swalker9513

Re: Shakey Head Worm - 02/12/15 11:16 PM

double zz 4" shaker. I have colors that I like, but I bet most of them will catch fish. I try to keep my color choices simple.
Posted By: mwbmod74

Re: Shakey Head Worm - 02/12/15 11:49 PM

Whatever you do,,, do NOT try a Hightail Holeshot by kicker fish...... It could cause injuries to your wrist / arm area...
Posted By: John Stockman

Re: Shakey Head Worm - 02/13/15 12:54 AM

Grandebass rattlesnakes just pick a color.
Posted By: ezbassin

Re: Shakey Head Worm - 02/13/15 01:00 AM

Grandebass rattle snake and baby snake....#1 favorite... Trophy Hunter,
Other good colors, Watermelon/red, chartruce pepper, Mineola falls, motor oil, blue fleck, green pumpkin etc.
Posted By: jcarring99

Re: Shakey Head Worm - 02/13/15 01:06 AM

Originally Posted By: atx bassin

Was wondering about those. Seems like they would work great on shakey, drop shot and carolina
Posted By: jcarring99

Re: Shakey Head Worm - 02/13/15 01:08 AM

Have had pretty good luck with zoom speed craws to
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Shakey Head Worm - 02/13/15 01:13 AM

Reaction innovation flirt and grandebass rattle snake only two you need

Re: Shakey Head Worm - 02/13/15 01:22 AM

Originally Posted By: Coach JC
Originally Posted By: atx bassin

Was wondering about those. Seems like they would work great on shakey, drop shot and carolina

A chartruce rattle snake is my "go to" bait for a C-rig, second choice is the same bait in watermelon/red.

Re: Shakey Head Worm - 02/13/15 01:39 AM

What length rattlesnake do you guys use on a shakey head?
Posted By: RangerBass21

Re: Shakey Head Worm - 02/13/15 01:44 AM

4"
Posted By: senko9S

Re: Shakey Head Worm - 02/13/15 01:55 AM

old school here. 1/8 oz bullet weight, 1/0 hook and a zoom finesse worm on 8# P-line CX. anything green or brown usually. some sink, some float.
Posted By: Samuel Ragle

Re: Shakey Head Worm - 02/13/15 02:53 AM

Papasbaits football shaky head, it has a solid hook, it doesn't wear out even after catching multiple fish on it, other hooks I've used dulled and I couldn't use them. Also zoom super salt plus 5 in finesse worms are good enough for any body of water I've fished

Re: Shakey Head Worm - 02/13/15 03:18 AM

For some reason I catch bigger fish with the baby snake on a shakey head than I do with the regular snake on a shakey head.

I use the baby snake on a C-rig most of the time also.
Posted By: Champion 2005

Re: Shakey Head Worm - 02/13/15 03:59 AM

Hey Ranger Holly where is the pond with all the DD's around Ft Worth
Posted By: the catcher

Re: Shakey Head Worm - 02/13/15 04:12 AM

Hag's Tornado f5 blue gill, watermelon golden cherry
Stands straight up
Posted By: Marooned

Re: Shakey Head Worm - 02/13/15 05:34 AM

I've used a lot of different plastics on a shakey head rig. Current favorites:

-1/8 Oz. Owner Shakey head jig with screw lock
- 6&3/4" Kicker Fish High Tail Holeshot (Tail floats up and more durable than Roboworm)
- 30# braid with 12# P-line CX Premium leader on spinning reel and 6'8" medium rod
Having said that, over the last 10-15 years I'm pretty sure I've caught more bass on a 4 3/4 inch Zoom finesse worm, shakey rigged, than any other plastic because I used it so much.
Posted By: SoCal Tom

Re: Shakey Head Worm - 02/13/15 05:46 AM

Tornado and Rattlesnake are both good shaky head baits. Hard to beat the original Zoom Trick Worm though. Green Pumpkin or Junebug.
Posted By: B.Hollingshead

Re: Shakey Head Worm - 02/13/15 01:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Champion 2005
Hey Ranger Holly where is the pond with all the DD's around Ft Worth
Dont fish ponds, they have been from every lake from here to Oklahoma to Louisiana
Posted By: bc4393

Re: Shakey Head Worm - 02/13/15 01:39 PM

I actually fish it with a 4 inch Senko on it. Never had luck with any of my finesse worms.
Posted By: Chato

Re: Shakey Head Worm - 02/13/15 01:54 PM

Xcite baits has a lineup of great Shakey head products. I love the Maximus worm and Raptor craw. Since they have no salt the bait stands straight up.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum