Texas Fishing Forum

Any luck on Fork recently?

Posted By: Bearkats

Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/09/15 03:16 PM

Considering heading out to Fork tomorrow for the first fishing day of the year. Anyone care to share any tips on what is working out there right now?
Posted By: airforcefishin

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/09/15 03:19 PM

Mark Pack just posted a video of some swap donkeys being caught with jigs. FYI
Posted By: jbassman

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/09/15 03:19 PM

Caught 2 fish yesterday, 1 on a trap 1 on a 4" ring worm, Temp -48-51
Posted By: KevinSpencer

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/09/15 03:21 PM

Caught 3 yesterday on a jig 6 - 8 feet. Water should keep warming today. Tomorrow should be decent.
Posted By: papamark

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/09/15 03:27 PM

headed out in the morning also
Posted By: DannyMTdB

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/09/15 03:28 PM

Had two great days this weekend on 1.5 squarebills in 6-8 foot.
Bite didn't start till around 3:00 but then it was ON!
Posted By: RangerBass21

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/09/15 03:31 PM

I caught a SAL that weighed 15.10......then I woke up

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/09/15 03:36 PM

roflmao
Posted By: forkduc

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/09/15 03:37 PM

Caught 3 yesterday on an a rig. 2-3 #
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/09/15 03:59 PM

Fished for about 3 hours yesterday til I had some trolling motor issues on the new boat.
Caught 5.
1 on a jig and 4 on drop shot.
Posted By: taylormade820

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/09/15 05:58 PM

Caught 1 yesterday..
Posted By: OzzieFish

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/09/15 06:16 PM

(3) 5&6 and a dink.
Posted By: Ranger1

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/09/15 06:38 PM

Smoke'em Saturday and was not able to get back on the water Sunday, Heard it was a little tougher on Sunday.
Posted By: SpiderJig

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/09/15 07:05 PM

Originally Posted By: Ranger1
Smoke'em Saturday and was not able to get back on the water Sunday, Heard it was a little tougher on Sunday.
How many fish does Smoke'em =?

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/09/15 07:10 PM

So I guess I'll be looking for your boat on the 28th? roflmao

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/09/15 08:18 PM

17 or 18 and yes I will be there the 28th
Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/09/15 09:59 PM

Awesome day today. I had thought with the blue bird sky it would be tough on Fork. Got on the graph and it was on !!

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/09/15 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By: RangerBass21

Still fishing alone?
Posted By: Nathan_Fisher

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/10/15 12:00 AM

Only had 1 today on a T rig. Highest temps I read were 56 degrees

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/10/15 12:02 AM

Originally Posted By: RangerBass21

Still fishing alone?

Yes sir, still solo :
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/10/15 12:30 AM

Originally Posted By: Fish AKA Jerry
Awesome day today. I had thought with the blue bird sky it would be tough on Fork. Got on the graph and it was on !!
We fished hard all day and caught two dinks. What were you guys doing?

I only get to go out once or twice a year with my dad and today was one of them. Hate to struggle like that with him out there. I don't get out that much myself, but it's even worse when it's not just me.
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/10/15 12:38 AM

Fished from 2:00 to 4:30 today and had 5 bites all on a jig. All fish were 6' or shallower and wanted a black and blue jig. None were bigger than 4lbs or so but were all slot fish.They would absolutely knock slack in it when they ate it. Did not fish too hard. Played around with the new TM and some new gear. Its gonna get better and better. Water temps 47-53 and surprised at how much grass is still left. Fun afternoon.

Posted By: Tiltedtitan

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/10/15 12:39 AM

Going with him. We are pastors, need all the help we can get. Bringing a cop that goes to our church. Sounds like a joke..."two preachers and a cop are heading to Fork..."
Posted By: Bruce Allen

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/10/15 12:45 AM

yea for running creek
Posted By: Lake Fork Guide Zach Hughes

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/10/15 03:05 AM

Fish are starting to show up and the bite definitely picked up the last couple days! It's only going to get better! First thing in the am and then from 3-dark has been the best for me!
Posted By: patriot07

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/10/15 03:35 AM

Originally Posted By: Zeeter
Fish are starting to show up and the bite definitely picked up the last couple days! It's only going to get better! First thing in the am and then from 3-dark has been the best for me!
Man, are you guys fishing a different lake? Only two we caught were right in the middle of the day...

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/10/15 01:05 PM

Originally Posted By: patriot07
Originally Posted By: Zeeter
Man, are you guys fishing a different lake? Only two we caught were right in the middle of the day...

The key for me is getting away from the community holes and find some water most are not fishing. Those fish in Birch and Glade get RatLTrapped too death.
Posted By: Sinkey

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/10/15 02:59 PM

I agree with Mark. I went back to a spot I fished years ago. Only saw 1 other boat. And yes, they knocked slack on the jig bite. But its hard for me to put down the DS.

Just wish I would have had a longer leash on my trolling motor and could have fished longer. But....the parts ordered and Ill be back on the water next week searching!
Posted By: Wacky Walker

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/10/15 04:41 PM

I guess trimming your tag line is overrated?
Posted By: fouzman

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/10/15 04:52 PM

Wasn't on Fork but a private pond in Mineola. Getting near time for jerkbaits on the bigger lakes, I imagine. Caught some nice jerkbait fish yesterday including a 7 and a 5 which are TOADS for this pond. They were in about 4 feet of water and smoked that jerkbait.
Posted By: Okie Poke

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/10/15 07:03 PM

We fished Sunday from 8am-2:45pm. Boated one fish, 2.25lbs. Had several other bites but they were hitting the bait short, partner had crazy legs chigger craw trailer that was too long. You could see the marks where the fish would grab the plastic without getting the hook. My fish hit the jig hard. I had a different trailer but only ended with one bite. I think partner had 4 or 5 bites but boated none. Ole' Mutha Forker does it again!

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/10/15 08:16 PM

Originally Posted By: WalkerTXRngr
I guess trimming your tag line is overrated?

I was being lazy.

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/12/15 01:30 AM

They are still eating the jig. They will knock the heck out of it. No doubt when you have a bite. They were 2' or less. I cannot stress enough that if a spot or stump looks good to make multiple casts. I let it soak a few times on some prime stumps and it paid off. You have to fish thoroughly but they are there.

Posted By: Doing it for the fans since 71

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/12/15 02:15 AM

#lowlakelevels#nograss=jig#trapisforgrass

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/12/15 03:40 AM

Originally Posted By: Doing it for the fans since 71
#lowlakelevels#nograss=jig#trapisforgrass

You keep telling yourself there is no grass out here. I will just keep fishing that grass that does not exist.
Posted By: taylormade820

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/12/15 10:47 PM

^^^^ haha

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/12/15 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By: taylormade820
^^^^ haha

There is some grass out here. It's hold g fish too but is getting a lot of pressure.

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/14/15 01:46 AM

Fished a couple of hours late this afternoon. It was a bit slower but still not bad. Had 3 bites in about 2hrs so no complaints. Bite was not as aggressive as it had been but you can still feel it.
They were back out a bit deeper in 4-6' today but same type deal along channels etc. Used a new craw that I poured from a new mold and they seemed to like it.

Posted By: Top Waters

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/14/15 02:31 AM

I fished from 4:30 pm to dark yesterday and caught 7 fish all on white chatterbait with LFT shad trailer in watermelon. Went from 2-7.5 lbs and it was absolutely a blast. Caught 3 on consecutive casts and I was looking for the candid cameras figuring it was some kind of joke. Fun stuff.

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/14/15 08:22 PM

We had a great time for our first trip of the year earlier this week. We only caught two fish, one of which was my last cast of the day at the boat ramp in some brush as my buddy backed the trailer down. Hoping to get out there again soon!!

Considering a guide for a friend and myself later this Spring. Recommendations?
Posted By: Matt1212

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/14/15 10:25 PM

Lots of good ones. Mark Pack has a great personality and has made every trip enjoyable. cheers Get on top of it though as availability will become an issue w/ many of them
Posted By: JamesBanksJR

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/15/15 02:57 AM

Good looking craw!
Posted By: txmasterpo

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/15/15 03:24 AM

Well hell! bang
Posted By: xanadu

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/15/15 12:22 PM

Valentines day gift for a friend. She has never held a fishing pole so I handed her a Skeet Reese rod with 8 pound line and a 1/8 ounce crappie jig. She just sat there with her pole bent over so I thought she was hung up.

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/15/15 12:27 PM

Big fish
Posted By: Slade

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/15/15 03:36 PM

Put 3 in the boat yesterday. A 4#, 5#, and a 6-14oz. I will post some pics when I get back home going to go try for s few hours then head home.

Re: Any luck on Fork recently? - 02/19/15 03:20 PM

Great fish!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum