Texas Fishing Forum

Lake Alan Henry Bait & Tackle Shop

Posted By: Mauxdisette

Lake Alan Henry Bait & Tackle Shop - 02/06/15 08:01 PM

Is the Bait and Tackle shop across from the entrance still there? Haven't been since college.
Posted By: Toad Jerker

Re: Lake Alan Henry Bait & Tackle Shop - 02/06/15 08:12 PM

I believe it is still there but the old owners sold out a couple of years ago. If we are talking about the one directly across the street from the entrance. I loved the club sandwiches from that place and they just aren't the same anymore since the new owners took over. I will actually be there late this evening and will let you know if they are still open for sure.
Posted By: ksalmon

Re: Lake Alan Henry Bait & Tackle Shop - 02/06/15 11:35 PM

The little store off of the highway (84) entrance has been long closed. The little store outside the entrance to the lake is open as far as I know, Fishin D's or something like that. They do make a pretty good burger. Have not been this season though.
Posted By: Der Vorsteher

Re: Lake Alan Henry Bait & Tackle Shop - 02/07/15 01:11 AM

Originally Posted By: ksalmon
The little store off of the highway (84) entrance has been long closed. The little store outside the entrance to the lake is open as far as I know, Fishin D's or something like that. They do make a pretty good burger. Have not been this season though.

It's still there but they have no tackle or anything. Live bait but that's it. They will even sell you a used trolling battery labeled as new.
Posted By: BWG

Re: Lake Alan Henry Bait & Tackle Shop - 02/07/15 03:45 AM

It is still there but for sale. Good burgers.
Posted By: Mauxdisette

Re: Lake Alan Henry Bait & Tackle Shop - 02/07/15 07:46 AM

Closed for the winter, but if you call Charlie, he'll come get you your minnows or let you fill your tank up! Love it!
Posted By: gary purdy

Re: Lake Alan Henry Bait & Tackle Shop - 02/07/15 03:22 PM

David told me he is not re-opening the store. I was trying to rent cabin for family reunion. No go. He just wants to sell it period. The bait side is being rented by another man and is open. Only place to get anything to eat is at Ziska`s on the Brazos on highway 84 south past the turn to the lake. Great food and cold draft beer.
Posted By: BWG

Re: Lake Alan Henry Bait & Tackle Shop - 02/08/15 12:02 AM

Thanks Gary. Good info.
Posted By: Lou r Pitcher

Re: Lake Alan Henry Bait & Tackle Shop - 02/08/15 01:36 AM

Quote:
Only place to get anything to eat is at Ziska's

Main reason we don't go back to Alan Henry any more.
Posted By: Toad Jerker

Re: Lake Alan Henry Bait & Tackle Shop - 02/09/15 04:58 PM

Well I was there this weekend and talked to the Constable and the store is actually for sale again so it doesn't look like it will be re-opening anytime soon. On top of that my dad and I fished for 9hrs Saturday and only got like 5 bites and each only caught 1 fish that were about 1.5lbs each. lake is still fishing very tuff.

Re: Lake Alan Henry Bait & Tackle Shop - 02/12/15 04:15 PM

Update the main store formerly Fish & Dee`s across from permit office, has a new owner to open soon. Yipee.
Posted By: charlieecho

Re: Lake Alan Henry Bait & Tackle Shop - 02/12/15 04:22 PM

It's not a great fishing lake but come summer time it fills up with all the crazies with their jet skis, pontoons, and wake boats. Money to be made there for someone who wants a good seasonal business. I sure wish the fishing was better though. Those Alabama spots have just killed the fishing for the most part. I've got a good buddy who fishes it at least once a week and there are fish to be caught there, but you gotta put in a lot of time there to figure it out and it's always changing. I guess that's why they call it fishing and not catching.
Posted By: Mr. Greensides

Re: Lake Alan Henry Bait & Tackle Shop - 02/12/15 05:23 PM

Thanks Gary! Thats good news. Although I do love me som Ziska's steakfingers!
cheers

Re: Lake Alan Henry Bait & Tackle Shop - 02/13/15 04:52 PM

That is who bought David`s, Mr Green. Don`t know what they are planning on the menu at there.
Posted By: ksalmon

Re: Lake Alan Henry Bait & Tackle Shop - 02/13/15 05:38 PM

Have they just given up on any fishing reports on the Lake Alan Henry website? Or is the fishing just that bad?
Posted By: sprigsss

Re: Lake Alan Henry Bait & Tackle Shop - 02/13/15 05:42 PM

There's a handful of reports but not many. Think they just haven't updated or added a link yet. But if you go to the reports page and change the 2014 to a 2015 in the address bar it will come up.

http://www.lakealanhenry.com/fish2015.htm
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum