Texas Fishing Forum

Let's talk about jigs!

Posted By: big mike

Let's talk about jigs! - 02/04/15 12:58 PM

Ok . What's the primary difference between using a jig that has a vertical line tie compared to one with a horizontal line tie? I mainly use flippin and football jigs. My go to jigs are Combat, Mpack Structure Jig, Santone, and Revenge. I seem to like the vertical line tie the best. Advantages and disadvantages of both? Or does it matter? All feedback appreciated! Mike
Posted By: Michael.Beaty

Re: Let's talk about jigs! - 02/04/15 02:02 PM

I like vertical for cover because it helps stream line the jig to make it go in and out of the cover better. I like horizontal ties on football jigs as it seems to help it drag over rocks.
Posted By: SteezMacQueen

Re: Let's talk about jigs! - 02/04/15 02:05 PM

Vertical line ties, for me, comes through weeds a little better and is typically a swim type jig line tie. Horizontal is usually not as good, again for me, at weed snags.

Other than that I don't really see a huge difference.

The biggest difference for me is the jigs with recessed line ties. It helps with protecting the knot and helps to prevent "blow out" on hook set.

Again. This is my observations.

We all know that someone will come one here and prove me an idiot, noob, or a rookie.
Posted By: PEDRO H.

Re: Let's talk about jigs! - 02/04/15 02:16 PM

I don't see a big difference. but I mainly throw a heavy finesse jig and a football which the ones I have all use the horizontal line tie.
Posted By: brandon f.

Re: Let's talk about jigs! - 02/04/15 05:36 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z34WtaNJYaI
Posted By: bo james

Re: Let's talk about jigs! - 02/04/15 09:19 PM

here are a few video links to watch that might help explain some of your questions.

bo

www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPRm7bkASv0
www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYF29CWcY1M
www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1Pm_aJFasI
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum