Texas Fishing Forum

Calling all tackle hoarders!

Posted By: 14Bass

Calling all tackle hoarders! - 01/19/15 12:12 AM

The Average Angler Project is trying to get unwanted baits, (soft plastics mainly) to some of the many high school bass anglers who would love to have them. We all have many packs of baits that haven't seen the light of day in a long time. Throw aways to us will mean a lot to a kid who doesn't have much. Lets show them our generosity and hook them up! Check out the post on our page for directions if you are a high school bass angler. know one, or want to donate some baits. Thanks guys! https://www.facebook.com/averageanglerproject

[img]http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/pics...624881241994993[/img]
Posted By: SIR-FISH-LOT

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 01/19/15 02:37 AM

I'll donate some baits text me at 214-416-5774.
Posted By: COHLMEYER

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 01/19/15 02:44 AM

Let me know where to ship
Posted By: SoonerFan-n-TX

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 01/19/15 02:09 PM

PM me where to ship too. I just cleaned out my soft plastics. I have about 250 with a good variety that I will donate.

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 01/19/15 04:49 PM

Thanks Guys! This is getting big. Bigger than I expected. Please ship baits to:
Billy Cline
2727 Newcastle Dr
Grapevine, Tx 76051
Ive had a tremendous response. Over 40 high school teams and anglers have requested baits and I plan on getting some to everyone of them.
Kelly Jones with Kicker Fish Bait co has made a very generous donation for baits the kids will be sure to love!
Yall be sure to like the Average Angler Facebook page and lets get more kids involved!
https://www.facebook.com/averageanglerproject
Posted By: Mahanay

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 01/19/15 05:23 PM

Do you think they would like any rods and reels also? I've got several I'd donate. Been looking for a kids event to give them to, they all would be good for High School anglers. I'll be sending a box of baits for sure.
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 01/19/15 07:06 PM

Billy I have a ton of stuff
Probably around 100 lbs of plastics I need to get rid of
Posted By: SteveHummert

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 01/19/15 07:08 PM

Billy, will you accept dropping baits off in lieu of shipping them?

Thanks,
Steve
Posted By: Darrell

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 01/19/15 10:28 PM

I've got some..would like to drop off

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 01/19/15 11:39 PM

Guys,
I am sure that these kids will take anything we can get for them. I remember being a young lad and picking up all of the old plastics from the floor of my dads boat and reusing them! We all have tons of rods, reels, hard baits cluttered everywhere that will be valued treasure to these guys. You can drop off if that is more convenient. Send me a text- 214-777-2693. Also, I can meet some around the metroplex as well. Whatever works better. Thanks guys!

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 01/20/15 03:12 AM

what we need are some collection points...I'm in Richardson if anyone wants to drop off here and I'll put it with mine

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 01/20/15 01:55 PM

Great idea Darrell!
Posted By: Bas-ii-tis

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 01/20/15 02:14 PM

Ill Donate.

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 01/22/15 10:59 PM

I received a package from Robert Adams yesterday. Thank you very much! Yall clean out that boat!
Posted By: SoonerFan-n-TX

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 01/22/15 11:22 PM

Originally Posted By: 14Bass
I received a package from Robert Adams yesterday. Thank you very much! Yall clean out that boat!

blush thumb
Posted By: big fish2

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 01/23/15 02:37 AM

I'd like to drop off to the address you've provided if possible please let me know.
Posted By: Ride 211

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 01/23/15 05:43 AM

I'm close to the vine...can I just drop off at the address?
Posted By: Ken Starling

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 01/25/15 06:56 PM

Guys andd Gals, If you have any bats and are needing schools in the area, I can email you a Team ls if you PM me.

Like above, there are some s that have nothing and others that have it all.

Thank you all for donating to these Kiddo's. We all have stuff we dont need or use anymore.

I know the Folks at Fun N sun would allow drop off at their store also.

I am not trying to hi jack any thrreads. Just adding more info .

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 01/27/15 02:41 AM

Thanks to Kerry Richards for sending the package!
Ken, I will work to make sure we get something to everyone who wants/ needs it. I have received several corporate donations of large lots. I'd like to work with you to help get this stuff out. Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions.
214-777-2693.
If you guys would like to drop stuff off, shoot me a text and I'll shoot you the address and let you know where to leave it. Thanks!!

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 02/04/15 09:42 PM

Lets not let this one get away guys!
Posted By: borntofish1

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 02/05/15 02:12 AM

I can drop off a load as well. Is there a deadline?
Posted By: Dr JL

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 02/05/15 03:56 AM

I wIll gladly donate. Please post or pm with acceptable drop off location(s) in the metroplex.
And yes is there a deadline?

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 02/05/15 03:32 PM

There is no deadline. I am taking a bunch to Rayburn this weekend to the SETX HS tournament. You can text me at 214-777-2693
Thanks!

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 02/06/15 03:29 PM

Thanks guys for all the donations. I have a pile of baits to give out at Rayburn this weekend.https://www.facebook.com/averageanglerproject?ref=hl

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 02/08/15 11:42 PM

I want to thank everyone who donated stuff. I gave baits out for two hours Friday night and a solid three hours yesterday afternoon. I have never seen so many people at a bass tournament short of McDonalds. It was truly amazing. I had so many people thank me for this and I want to pass that to everyone who donated baits or liked my page. I want to especially thank Kelly Jones of Kicker Fish for the large bulk donation. Those kids were so excited!
Posted By: JAY SHIPE

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 02/09/15 05:02 AM

I'll donate billy. Call me

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 02/09/15 09:08 PM

A big thanks to Dean Stewart! He has stepped up and offered to make his place of business a donation spot. He is located at Stewart's Donnybrook Automotive. 401 Troup Hwy Tyler Tx. They are open M-F 8-6. I am ready, willing, and able to make trips to pick up tackle that you guys can gather. If anyone else wants to volunteer to be a drop off point, let me know. Thanks!

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 02/12/15 01:03 AM

Thank you Mike Daly for the baits! They'll be put to good use!

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 02/17/15 01:38 PM

I've received many packages from TFFrs and I want to thank you all. Lets keep this going!

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 02/25/15 01:52 PM

Keep it coming guys!

Re: Calling all tackle hoarders! - 04/30/15 03:49 AM

haven't been able to get to grapevine...are you still doing this?..did you ever get some drop off points in DFW?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum