Texas Fishing Forum

Need Help/ Advive on LBJ

Posted By: basshunter1

Need Help/ Advive on LBJ - 12/01/14 11:46 PM

We are going to be visiting the inlaws who live about fifty miles away. Going to pull my boat and try to fish this Wednesday and Thursday (Dec.3&4) Never fished there. I hate fishing docks so that's out with me. Any help will be great. Thanks.
Posted By: Jarrett Latta

Re: Need Help/ Advive on LBJ - 12/02/14 12:03 AM

Grass
Posted By: Tristin Riddle

Re: Need Help/ Advive on LBJ - 12/02/14 02:29 AM

We fished a highschool open tournament out there a couple of weeks ago. Its a little tough but the deep dock bite was working for us. There is also alot of grass out there that was producing during practice. We finished in 4th place and we also had big bass of the tournament.
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Need Help/ Advive on LBJ - 12/02/14 03:01 AM

Do u hate dock fishing because u can't skip and pitch? There are hundreds of docks on LBJ litterly whole lake has them. I would suggest to learn very good way to catch bass out there. I would say grass and brush/rock out deeper if u don't want to try the docks

Re: Need Help/ Advive on LBJ - 12/02/14 03:24 AM

Been pitching and skipping about thirty eight years. My home lake is full of docks. Much rather find other structure to fish. It's more of a challenge to me, to find fish on humps, points, grass and so on.
Posted By: FACSR

Re: Need Help/ Advive on LBJ - 12/02/14 04:32 PM

Went out last Tuesday to LBJ, started on docks never got a bite, moved into deeper water and fished deeper grass bed's still not a bite, moved to shoreline and fished shallow cover(grass and wood, rocks) close to drop offs and picked up a few small one with the biggest in the 2# range. All of my bites came off a 1/2 oz SK orange belly craw red eye shad lipless crank and one fish on a bleeding shad 1/4 oz swim jig with a ultravibe trailer. Hope this helps
Posted By: tincan86

Re: Need Help/ Advive on LBJ - 12/02/14 07:28 PM

What is the water temp out there this time of year?
Posted By: FACSR

Re: Need Help/ Advive on LBJ - 12/02/14 09:04 PM

Originally Posted By: tincan86
What is the water temp out there this time of year?

I was reading 60 to 63 degrees depending on where I was
Posted By: Jake Shannon(Skeet4Life)

Re: Need Help/ Advive on LBJ - 12/03/14 12:38 AM

Originally Posted By: basshunter1
Been pitching and skipping about thirty eight years. My home lake is full of docks. Much rather find other structure to fish. It's more of a challenge to me, to find fish on humps, points, grass and so on.

Gotcha that makes sense always good to challenge yourself. I would focus on grass used to be allot Down by dam and mid lake area

Re: Need Help/ Advive on LBJ - 12/03/14 03:21 AM

Ok thanks for all the info. Going in the morning. Hope to have something to report Friday. Going back Thursday.

Re: Need Help/ Advive on LBJ - 12/03/14 11:16 PM

Fished five hours today. Two two pounders. Twelve ft. grass bee. Caught both on a Lake Fork swim bait. Water temp is 57/58 all over.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum