Texas Fishing Forum

It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing?

Posted By: Lee in Texas

It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 02:33 PM

Ok, activity level on here seems down. Aren't you "manly men" ( roflmao ) out fishing?
All ya'll that said nah, weather is no problem ! Wait, maybe you didn't get 'permission to go fishing' from the significant other?
Posted By: slim 285

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 02:39 PM

Top of the morning to you.Your full of [censored] and vinegar this morning.

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 02:43 PM

roflmao couldn't pass that all by! Guess I am, need more coffee and read all these 'fishing reports' !!!
Posted By: Douglas J

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 02:55 PM

I fished the last 2 days, have to work today. They have been biting pretty good.

Posted By: 9094

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 02:55 PM

It was 9 below zero where I am this morning. Too cold for anything but drinking coffee.
Posted By: Nutman

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 03:02 PM

No pictures, but fished Sam Rayburn yesterday. Cold but not too bad if dressed for it. Caught lots of good fish.
Too much lightning to fish today, headed home
Posted By: FMJshooter

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 03:08 PM

Fished 10am - sundown Friday only saw one other boat on the lake all day always nice to have the whole place to yourself! Smallies bitin okay on fb jigs/d shot picked a couple blacks off on jerkbaits should be better today and tomorrow!

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 03:17 PM

Good! All kidding aside, fishing/lightning do NOT mix

Originally Posted By: Nutman
No pictures, but fished Sam Rayburn yesterday. Cold but not too bad if dressed for it. Caught lots of good fish.
Too much lightning to fish today, headed home
Posted By: west tex angler

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 03:24 PM

Went to Squaw Creek Friday morning.
Got to the guard shack and forgot I still had my concealed carry 9mm in truck. Couldn't go through without telling them and they would not keep and hold until I got off lake so, I came back home.
I found it interesting that all of the lawn around the guard shack and the rock house was torn up by hogs the last couple of days.
Hunting in the guard shack at night just might work!
Posted By: Brent S

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 03:30 PM

Went out to Worth yesterday. The coves were dead and found the entire population of fish in the middle of the lake in 18 to 20 ft. It was wild how concentrated they were. I didn't catch any either.
Posted By: John175☮

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 04:05 PM

Was on Texoma yesterday. Water had dropped from 69 two weeks ago to 53 and stripers were all over where I had cought my bass two weeks ago. I wore out a couple sets of treble hooks on them. Great day for fishing bad day for bass.

Posted By: barryfish

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 04:59 PM

fished fairfield yesterday. just gonna say I miss sleeping
Posted By: KB1953

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 05:04 PM

Good day for some football!!!
Posted By: MikeSouza

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 05:09 PM

Fished yesterday in the nasty wind. Bite was slow, but the ones that did bite, were big!
Posted By: bblbasser

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 05:26 PM

fished friday afternoon and yesterday (6 a.m. til 3) at Fayette. That place never ceases to amaze me! Buzzbait fish both days and it wasn't "warmer" than the mid 40's (and colder at times).
Posted By: CENTEX Toad Hunter

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 05:26 PM

Fished yesterday. Lake Belton is always slow, so the cold weather was of no consequence. My Sundays are reserved for honey-dos unless an exceptional reason to go fishing comes up. Gotta keep the Warden happy! i've gotten too many citations in the past!

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 09:04 PM

Think the rest of the weekend is pretty much off, bite is off, temps are dropping...34 out here in the country. Small amount of sleet...some rain but not enough to help any.
Ya'll be careful, don't think what bite there is, is worth it.
Brrrrrrrrr.........cold
Posted By: Bradshuflin aka hunter'sdad

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 09:17 PM

Fished Friday from 9-230 was 22 degrees when I put the boat in the water. Caught one on my second cast, then I think fifth cast. Went a hour or so in between bites after that. Ended up with 4 bass, 1 sandbass, and 1 tilapia. Was the only one on the lake, several people driving across the dam stopped and did a double take at me out there lol
Posted By: Barrett

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 09:21 PM

Originally Posted By: west tex angler
Got to the guard shack and forgot I still had my concealed carry 9mm in truck. Couldn't go through without telling them and they would not keep and hold until I got off lake so, I came back home.
I found it interesting that all of the lawn around the guard shack and the rock house was torn up by hogs the last couple of days.

She gives warnings if you are honest. She only gives one though!
Posted By: Mark Perry

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 09:24 PM

No fishing for me. Boat having some work done.

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 09:28 PM

I take it then, even if CW permit, can't lock it up or turn into guard then?
That happened at the base, NAS Fort Worth....think they finally got that ironed out.
Should provide a place/lockers/something to turn in. Just good customer service any more. World has changed.
Thanks for the info .....

Originally Posted By: Barrett
Originally Posted By: west tex angler

She gives warnings if you are honest. She only gives one though!
Posted By: Workfishngolf37

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 09:31 PM

Soccer tournaments sat and sun. Didnt hear any complaining out of any of the 12 year olds.
Posted By: Dan90210 ☮

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 09:35 PM

Originally Posted By: KB1953
Good day for some football!!!

Word!

I don't mind cold but today's just nasty
Posted By: Fish Killer

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 10:01 PM

Wasn't a bad day at all

Just got off the water and had 22 lbs today

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 10:07 PM

God love ya......well, glad you caught some. Weather is rotten and getting worse.
Am guessing you went to Squaw Creek?
Posted By: Ryan Somerville

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 11:12 PM

I wish it was 40 its snowing up North in Canada no ice yet!
Posted By: 03svtsnakevert

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/16/14 11:21 PM

Fished the last three days on palestine...it sucked
Posted By: Slade

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/17/14 12:57 AM

Too cold for me, at least for now. If it stayed like this awhile I would go. The 10 day forecast looks better
Posted By: David Burton

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/17/14 01:15 AM

Originally Posted By: John175 ®
Was on Texoma yesterday. Water had dropped from 69 two weeks ago to 53 and stripers were all over where I had cought my bass two weeks ago. I wore out a couple sets of treble hooks on them. Great day for fishing bad day for bass.

I launched from Eisenhower to try and find some smallies, but only got one of these... Wind was HOWLING off the dam, and main-lake to the Preston Penninsula was rocking! Not until I got into there did I see a single boat, much less anyone fishing! There was a decent tourney out there, so they all sit've stayed in coves and marinas. Was the lake calmer on the west side? Started mid-morning hoping for the upper 40's and light wind. Wasn't too bad, but fishing wasn't what I expected.

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/17/14 01:22 AM

WOOF! "Howling".....now that does NOT SOUND FUN.
Glad you got in ok.....
Posted By: jimmye123

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/17/14 01:32 AM

All day.... caught a 9.79 at squaw today...
Posted By: Slade

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/17/14 01:43 AM

Originally Posted By: jimmye123
All day.... caught a 9.79 at squaw today...

Then it was worth IT!
Posted By: Mulholland

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/17/14 03:52 AM

My girlfriend still wasnt ready to leave after 5 hours on joe pool with me in the freezing rain. Yall call yourselves fishermen? Layer up and get some hothands fleece gear. Hothands head band and gloves, and in your boots, couple layers, right as rain.

Come on fellas, go enjoy the winter bite! 49* water temps where we were on pool. Didn't find the bite I was hoping for there based on what I'd had the last weel elsewhere but was a fun day all the same.
Posted By: Duck_Hunter

Re: It's 40 ! Ya'll Aren't Out Fishing? - 11/17/14 05:25 AM

Fished the trinity from noon-3:30 or so. Could not find the bite. Once the sleet started I came home. Wasn't too bad before that.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum